collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:25:34 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 02:21:56 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:20:52 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 02:15:26 PM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leon Bailey - signed  (Read 308964 times)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Leon Bailey - signed
« Reply #735 on: September 22, 2021, 12:35:59 PM »
It’s a bit early to say he’s fragile/injury prone isn’t it? He’s picked up what looks to be a couple of slight niggles.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #736 on: September 22, 2021, 12:42:36 PM »
It’s a bit early to say he’s fragile/injury prone isn’t it? He’s picked up what looks to be a couple of slight niggles.

On the back of an injury over the summer which meant he couldn't do a proper pre-season. The sort of niggles he's picked up for us are exactly the type you get if you're trying a bit to hard when not fully fit. I think he'll be fine, there's no real history of injuries that I can see.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #737 on: September 22, 2021, 01:16:00 PM »

On the back of an injury over the summer which meant he couldn't do a proper pre-season. The sort of niggles he's picked up for us are exactly the type you get if you're trying a bit to hard when not fully fit. I think he'll be fine, there's no real history of injuries that I can see.

Having no real history of injuries is trumped massively by being Aston Villa's exciting new signing. Welcome to the treatment room Leon, treat it as your own!

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #738 on: September 22, 2021, 02:23:33 PM »
I don't see why folks get worked-up/frustrated/upset/disappointed/sad/annoyed/feel let down* when we don't get every fine detail about an injury. What's the issue? Why should we find out precise details and what harm comes from not getting it?

*delete whichever isn't appropriate.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #739 on: September 22, 2021, 03:28:53 PM »
Cos when Dean says a player is fit and then we look forward to see them play only to hear on the day of the game that their leg is in a plaster, it makes fans upset. They've paid £37 to see Leon/Emi brighten-up their weekend etc.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #740 on: September 22, 2021, 04:07:55 PM »
Apparently someone spoke to him at New Street station today and he said he’s not going to the game tonight and is not fit for Saturday either.

I’ve seen the photo of him posing with a fan at New Street but obviously can’t verify the conversation.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #741 on: September 22, 2021, 04:45:19 PM »
Apparently someone spoke to him at New Street station today and he said he’s not going to the game tonight and is not fit for Saturday either.

I’ve seen the photo of him posing with a fan at New Street but obviously can’t verify the conversation.

We'll pencil him in for November then.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #742 on: September 22, 2021, 06:20:22 PM »
Ashley Preece is reporting Bailey is a doubt for Saturday.

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #743 on: September 22, 2021, 06:43:00 PM »
Cos when Dean says a player is fit and then we look forward to see them play only to hear on the day of the game that their leg is in a plaster, it makes fans upset. They've paid £37 to see Leon/Emi brighten-up their weekend etc.
       This is nonsense. They have paid £37 to watch a Villa team play against a visiting team. The individual players of each team have no relationship to the cost of the admission.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #744 on: September 22, 2021, 07:24:45 PM »
If this is true,  then questions need to be asked about why the club continues to tell lies about injuries

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #745 on: September 22, 2021, 08:06:28 PM »
If this is true,  then questions need to be asked about why the club continues to tell lies about injuries

What did they lie about?

Online Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #746 on: September 22, 2021, 08:14:36 PM »

What did they lie about?

Indeed.

I think that there’s also the point that we don’t want to show our hand to our next opponents. Why broadcast that a particular player may be missing?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #747 on: September 22, 2021, 08:24:05 PM »
We don't really need confirmation from the manager. If there's a rumour that a Villa player is injured, he's injured. If there's a rumour that he's available, he's injured.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #748 on: September 22, 2021, 08:31:23 PM »
I thought he was tremendous against Everton but heseems a very fragile, injury prone player. Has this always been the case?

Not really. Played 40 games for Leverkusen last season (Bundesliga only has 34 game season).

Just a consequence of a disrupted pre season, had a knock during the Gold cup so didn't start for Jamaica.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #749 on: September 22, 2021, 08:36:18 PM »
Dosen't it all come down to the Barkley comments last season? DS said he was going to play over the xmas period and then suddenly in post match interviews came up with all sorts of bizarre reasons why he didn't. Him saying it was too cold for one game a personal favourite. Then he eventually re-appeared near end of Jan although really shouldn't have bothered.

It's different though with player saying he felt o.k after the game but many of them are hardly medical experts and can only think a scan on Monday showed perhaps a strain or small tear so that's why he might be out for a few weeks.

Frustrating as Bailey fit for 5-6 games in a row at some point this season is going to be very exciting prospect and will push us up the league. Saturday was the little taster of what's in store. Most exciting player we've signed in years.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal