collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by VillaTim
[Today at 12:20:12 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:01:31 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leon Bailey - signed  (Read 308924 times)

Offline RamboandBruno

Re: Leon Bailey - signed
« Reply #705 on: September 19, 2021, 01:31:41 PM »
He'll fill the gap until Trez gets back.

Brilliant 🤩

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #706 on: September 19, 2021, 08:24:34 PM »
Yeah, a couple of brilliant runs. He basically skinned their defender whenever he wanted to. Can't wait to see how the officials find a way to cheat him at Old Trafford.

If defenders get squared up to him face on, they're dead. He did it yesterday, in our half, two Everton players around him, stopped for a fleeting moment, then just motored round the outside. Shades of Daley.

He does seem to have that incredible mix of trickery and genuine electric pace.  You'd back to him to beat a player in a corner with his skill, or to just knock it past him and run around him if there is space in behind.  That must be terrifying for a defender, as it's pretty rare you have to deal with something like that.

I'm really excited to see what he will bring to the team this season, but the early signs are brilliant!

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #707 on: September 19, 2021, 08:29:51 PM »
Does anybody have the words to that Leon Bailey song they were singing ?

YOU TO ME ARE EVERYTHING THE BEST WINGER I’VE EVER SEEN OH BAILEY OH BAILEY

YOU PICK THE BALL UP ON THE WING
SCORE A GOAL & THE VILLA SING

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #708 on: September 19, 2021, 09:43:15 PM »
There's no substitute for sheer pace, and this lad is like shit off a shovel. Brilliant.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #709 on: September 19, 2021, 10:58:27 PM »

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #710 on: September 19, 2021, 11:19:21 PM »
Nothing to do with Leon Bailey per se, but I always find it bizarre (and a little depressing) that these footballers get married and have kids at such young ages. As much as it's a short career, it's a long retirement as a mid-30s, probably good looking, definitely in great shape multi-millionaire - do all that then!

Enjoy what you've got, boys, it won't be there forever! It's why I still have a sneaking admiration for the Man City player. He's doing it right (or, rather, what I'd have done).

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #711 on: September 19, 2021, 11:37:10 PM »
Nothing to do with Leon Bailey per se, but I always find it bizarre (and a little depressing) that these footballers get married and have kids at such young ages. As much as it's a short career, it's a long retirement as a mid-30s, probably good looking, definitely in great shape multi-millionaire - do all that then!

I've always thought the same. In short my advice would be 'fill your boots before you hang them up'.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #712 on: September 20, 2021, 12:03:32 AM »

I think it was summat like...

You to me are everything,
The fastest winger I have seen.
Oh Bailey, Oh Bailey.

Or words to that effect.

Thanks Clampy, much appreciated- I couldn't make it out

Edit: and not3bad, cheers!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 12:05:08 AM by Villan82 »

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #713 on: September 20, 2021, 12:45:12 AM »

YOU TO ME ARE EVERYTHING THE BEST WINGER I’VE EVER SEEN OH BAILEY OH BAILEY

YOU PICK THE BALL UP ON THE WING
SCORE A GOAL & THE VILLA SING

Disappointedly sang at 78 rather than 45rpm.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #714 on: September 20, 2021, 08:40:55 AM »

Enjoy what you've got, boys, it won't be there forever! It's why I still have a sneaking admiration for the Man City player. He's doing it right (or, rather, what I'd have done).

I always thought the same but remember reading something years ago, maybe in The Observer, that clubs and agents want their “assets” settled rather than out on the lash so encourage them to get hitched and have a family.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #715 on: September 20, 2021, 08:53:47 AM »

I always thought the same but remember reading something years ago, maybe in The Observer, that clubs and agents want their “assets” settled rather than out on the lash so encourage them to get hitched and have a family.

Definitely. It's in the club's interest to have a player going to bed on time every night because he's got to get up with the kids in the morning, versus being out on the lash hoovering up substances off strippers bumcheeks!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #716 on: September 20, 2021, 09:08:14 AM »

Definitely. It's in the club's interest to have a player going to bed on time every night because he's got to get up with the kids in the morning, versus being out on the lash hoovering up substances off strippers bumcheeks!

That reminds me of somebody but I can't quite think who. James....Joe, nah, it's gone.

Offline DesBremner

« Reply #717 on: September 20, 2021, 09:36:34 AM »

That reminds me of somebody but I can't quite think who. James....Joe, nah, it's gone.

Alex Ferguson actively encouraged all his players to get saddled with a mortgage wife and kids for this very reason

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #718 on: September 20, 2021, 09:44:15 AM »
Different times. All it means now is that they end up on the front page of the tabloids after vomiting in the ear of a prostitute in an Austin Montego.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #719 on: September 20, 2021, 10:21:57 AM »
Any news on his injury?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal