collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leon Bailey - signed  (Read 308972 times)

Offline jwarry

Re: Leon Bailey - signed
« Reply #405 on: August 08, 2021, 01:03:01 PM »
Perhaps, but by then we'll be doing just fine I reckon and will be able to sign a replacement more easily.

I was hoping by then they would be desperately hanging on to their own players because we keep trying to sign them

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #406 on: August 08, 2021, 01:33:34 PM »
When is this bloke turning up?

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #407 on: August 08, 2021, 06:02:03 PM »
I have a feeling he wont feature for watford and more likely be newcastle for his debut

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #408 on: August 08, 2021, 06:07:35 PM »
Have been excited but of all signings he is most risky.
Never played against any English teams or in this league and is going to have to be catching up to fitness and tactics when coming in
I think even though he can make an instant impact and is technically good enough it's a gamble because of the timings of everything to the start of the season
Long run I think he'll be amazing however has inconsistencies in his game by game and that will hopefully improve.

Looked forward to him coming in  initially but dampening my excitement till he's ready and able.
Been let down before for excitement of players so will see.
Certainly could be brilliant

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #409 on: August 10, 2021, 01:03:56 PM »
When is this bloke turning up?
Any sign yet?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #410 on: August 10, 2021, 02:30:49 PM »
why are so many people worried about him not being at the club yet. He's signed a contract with us and has clearly been given permission for time off and on when to join up with the rest of the squad. Do people think he's not going to show up?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #411 on: August 10, 2021, 02:39:17 PM »
why are so many people worried about him not being at the club yet. He's signed a contract with us and has clearly been given permission for time off and on when to join up with the rest of the squad. Do people think he's not going to show up?

I guess because they want to see him play football, and if he hasn't even made it to England yet, then it puts the chanes of him appearing any time soon at very slim.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #412 on: August 10, 2021, 02:43:39 PM »
Grealish and Mings returned to training eight days ago, so three weeks after England's last game. Jamaica's last game was 26th July, so by the same logic Leon should be here early next week. Maybe fit enough for the Newcastle game, at least as sub, assuming he hasn't been existing on the Richard Dunne diet during his holidays.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 02:45:21 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #413 on: August 10, 2021, 02:44:43 PM »

I guess because they want to see him play football, and if he hasn't even made it to England yet, then it puts the chanes of him appearing any time soon at very slim.

Yes but the way some are talking it's like he's about to do a runner. The first few weeks of the new season are going to be weird. Lots of players have been involved in constant football, between domestic seasons starting and stopping and then squeezing in international competition. Many are carrying injuries or simply fatigue that need time and rest to heal. So for a lot of squads, not just ours we might not see all of the best players until some time in September. It's simply an odd time and nothing is normal in terms of preparing for this new season.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #414 on: August 10, 2021, 02:50:39 PM »
I think this season should have been put back by a couple of weeks in recognition that some of the international tournaments finished a little bit later, and the Olympics too.  Even had we have signed Bailey any earlier, he still wouldn’t have been available to join us because of his international commitments. However, it would be nice to see him in the country with his new teammates regardless of whether he is fit to play or not. I do feel that preparations have been a little disrupted this year.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #415 on: August 10, 2021, 02:51:25 PM »
Jamaica only got knocked out of the Concacaf Gold Cup on 26th July (that's two weeks after the Euro final), so I suspect he's still enjoying his break between seasons?  His last competitive game was two weeks ago.

I'll be surprised if we see him before Brentford, unless he turns up and his shorter-than-usual break means he's close to match-fitness from day one.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #416 on: August 10, 2021, 02:53:26 PM »
It would be great to have every player available for the first game but that simply isn’t going to happen. It’s a long season and if he joins in a couple of weeks later it’s fine. He’s going to be a massive contributor this season once he’s at peak fitness.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #417 on: August 10, 2021, 03:23:43 PM »
Could delays be due to getting a work permit?

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #418 on: August 10, 2021, 03:34:11 PM »
Could delays be due to getting a work permit?

No.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #419 on: August 10, 2021, 05:11:37 PM »
is he having to isolate?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal