collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leon Bailey - signed  (Read 318468 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Leon Bailey - signed
« Reply #300 on: August 04, 2021, 01:29:23 AM »
So have we signed him then?

Watched him sign the contracts live in his step-dads basement. Easily the strangest signing, but signed.

There was an innocence about it that I liked. For some reason I smiled through most of it. Jamaican me laugh.

Yeah it was great. Reminded me of the best holiday of my life in St Kitts. The people in the Caribbean are absolutely adorable.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #301 on: August 04, 2021, 01:33:31 AM »

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #302 on: August 04, 2021, 02:43:11 AM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wlgWYbdUXHM

That’s a private video, presumably it did lead to the signing/‘press conference’

https://youtu.be/Y0GN7f4iNMA

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #303 on: August 04, 2021, 03:09:28 AM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wlgWYbdUXHM

That’s a private video, presumably it did lead to the signing/‘press conference’

https://youtu.be/Y0GN7f4iNMA

It was the link I watched it on. It went private afterwards, just as I tried to show it to my mate at work.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #304 on: August 04, 2021, 03:20:10 AM »
Ummm, I have a feeling we might be hearing more from his old man….frequently.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #305 on: August 04, 2021, 03:55:21 AM »
Ummm, I have a feeling we might be hearing more from his old man….frequently.

Indeed.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #306 on: August 04, 2021, 05:39:57 AM »
His old man is his agent? I much prefer him to that cock looking after Jack's (his own) interests.

Welcome Leon and family!

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #307 on: August 04, 2021, 06:25:06 AM »
His old man is his agent? I much prefer him to that cock looking after Jack's (his own) interests.

Welcome Leon and family!

Agree, Jonathan Barnett - who I don't like. Agents are mercenary parasites.

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #308 on: August 04, 2021, 07:12:43 AM »
Why are we now getting players to sign contracts in Matt Hancock’s downstairs toilet? Welcome Leon if you are actually here.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #309 on: August 04, 2021, 07:13:10 AM »
So have we signed him then?

Watched him sign the contracts live in his step-dads basement. Easily the strangest signing, but signed.

What the fuck have I just read? haha

Welcome Leon!

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #310 on: August 04, 2021, 07:49:31 AM »
I watched a bit of that video and it looked like a book signing in a sports bar. All very odd.

Forge10

« Reply #311 on: August 04, 2021, 07:56:39 AM »
Reading the quotes below made me feel good about the team I support, on the one hand we have a player close to leaving for ready made success and on the other hand we have a young guy coming in believing in the owners.

From the Birmingham Mail:

"We've completed the documentation and we're just happy to reveal that he's an Aston Villa player.

"Aston Villa is one of the big five clubs, the fifth-most successful club in England where football was invented.

"This is a great honour to me, as a coach and as a father, to have Leon playing in the Premier League. We're looking forward to the fans giving him as much support as possible."

Butler added: "He's a young man so we're looking forward to great things. And thank you for having him; we're looking forward to (seeing) the great fans at Aston Villa giving him all the love he can get.

"He's a good kid, a good player, a good young man from a young family who's ready to come and put in all the effort and work he can give to our country and to England.

"I'm happy for the opportunity and I'm happy for Leon. He's come a far, far way.

"I like the idea that Villa are trying to get quality players to build a team that's able to compete to get into the top six. That's why I've sent my son there. I wouldn't send him to an organisation that's going to be losers, I send my son to a place that's going to become winners.

"Aston Villa, the coach and the team, just even the approach they took for this transfer, how aggressive and proactive they were in ensuring they have Leon and that he fits in. Leon needs to be able to play a lot, to give a lot, to play for the team and a team that will play for him, too. This is what I see at Aston Villa."

Bailey is due to fly into the UK today to officially complete his transfer ahead of his unveiling.

Around 3,000 watched Bailey's press conference overnight which began at around 1am UK-time.

Bailey, wearing a face mask and black Burberry T-shirt, checked into his dad Craig's office, signed paperwork before moving onto more media duties with his father and agent left to answer questions from Villa fans who were commenting live.

Butler, who runs the successful Phoenix football academy in Jamaica, was asked about Bailey's positioning and attributes, and said: "Leon, like all players at Phoenix academy, are developed to play at all three points of attack. He can play on both feet; cut in from the right and onto his left; cut in from the left onto his right.

"He can play on both sides of the pitch. His favourite position is right wing but he will do whatever's in the best interest of the team. Leon is superb at free-kick, dead-ball and corner situations.

"His best attribute is that he's a team player with all the skills and technical abilities; speed and all of them things but they all combine well with his best attribute which is being a team player.

"He makes the right decisions. If there's an assist, he will go for the assist instead of the goal. When it's time to work, it's time to work. He's very dedicated to his work. He has a family relying on him and a country that looks up to him and he will deliver.

"Please, support Leon. He's a fighter. He's not the type of kid to leave less than 110 percent on the pitch. He is a warrior."

His Dad seems a really likeable, humble and knowledgeable bloke. Let's hope he doesn't log into H&V and read the less than complimentary posts about his place and the whole ceremony.

I thought it was pretty cool and a refreshing change to the usual high pressure unveilings in this country, its a different life over there though :)

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #312 on: August 04, 2021, 08:00:23 AM »
He performed his medical in Miami, and the contract was signed in Jamaica.  I'm assuming there's some covid stuff going on to prevent him flying straight into the UK... or maybe he just wanted to see family and friends whilst on the right side of the Atlantic.  Whatever, I'm glad to see him...

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #313 on: August 04, 2021, 08:02:08 AM »
Agent Butler goes onto say, "with Grealish I think he is an extraordinary talent and it will be great to have him and Leon and Buendia, all of those guys working for the better of the team"

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #314 on: August 04, 2021, 08:03:30 AM »
His dad seems like abit of a idiot.  "I wouldnt send my son to a team of losers"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal