collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leon Bailey - signed  (Read 322371 times)

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Leon Bailey - signed
« Reply #3000 on: March 22, 2024, 12:15:52 PM »
He won't have written the headline.

That's what they pay you the big bucks for.

I DO write my headlines! There are no subs in my game.

Oh yes, who could forget:

"I compared Birds Eye Fish Fingers with Aldi, Asda, Lidl, Tesco and Morrisons and one was better"

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3001 on: March 22, 2024, 12:16:47 PM »

"I compared Birds Eye Fish Fingers with Aldi, Asda, Lidl, Tesco and Morrisons and one was better"

Have you been reading my emails?

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3002 on: March 22, 2024, 12:19:11 PM »

Have you been reading my emails?

Us tech bods are wizards mate, nowhere safe to hide.

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #3003 on: March 22, 2024, 12:47:42 PM »
Leon Bailey is one of a very small number of footballers whose interviews broadcast live after a match do not have me reaching immediately for the remote.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 12:52:11 PM by Flamingo Lane »

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #3004 on: March 22, 2024, 12:50:15 PM »
Deleted.

Offline Yeltzer

« Reply #3005 on: March 22, 2024, 03:03:32 PM »
Just seen this on Sky Sports:
“I’m going to take a break and really focus on club football from now on"

Aston Villa winger Leon Bailey says he is taking a break from the Jamaican national team claiming the 'unprofessionalism' is affecting his body and mental state

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3006 on: March 22, 2024, 03:05:04 PM »
Good.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #3007 on: March 24, 2024, 10:35:38 AM »
I wonder how many times we'd need to qualify for the CL before they stopped talking about the 'big 6'?  I don't think once would do it?  Maybe a few times.  In a row.

Only just catching up with this, but that is the problem though.  If the words attributed to Bailey are correct then players obviously still belive those clubs to be the 'big six' and playing for them to be more desirable than playing for us, even if we're finishing above them. 

Offline Stinkin_Thinkin

« Reply #3008 on: March 24, 2024, 11:20:24 AM »
The good news is if Bailey is going all out for his dream move our tactics for the remainder of the season should be get the ball to Leon.
I'm still puzzled about where his performance V spurs came from. he was beyond shit. Was he playing with flu, just didn't fancy it or something else? To be fair he's usually turned up in the big games

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #3009 on: March 24, 2024, 12:31:03 PM »
The whole interview tells its own story & it does not match up with how the loaded questioner intended or how the media twisted not only the words, but also the tone of the responses.

And because they are not interested in anything other than the clubs that boost their ad revenues, as loads of tarquinesque bellend Arsenal fans pour on to their websites salivating at the thought that they can get one over on the club that has dared to challenge them regarding player purchases, player sales & to a degree, potentially within the league, the media continue to not only ignore the bones of the loaded interview, but also the responses from Bailey & his agent that clear up this utter garbage of a "story".

After watching the whole interview, I am not even 0.000001% of Bailey wanting to leave Villa to join a "big six" club, especially fucking mid table basket case club Chelsea.

The tone of him even mentioning the "big six" was pretty much as we all see it, after the loaded questions. I think he even mentions "the big six, as mentioned in England".

Baileys attitude over the past 12 months has been exemplary. He is happy to be at Villa & enjoying his football.

Granted, if a stupid offer came in for him, we would have to think about it, but unless a fucking stupidly outrageous offer comes in for him, I am convinced be will be at Villa for a while yet.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 12:34:40 PM by pablo_picasso »

Offline Simon Page

« Reply #3010 on: March 24, 2024, 12:36:49 PM »
It's a good watch, not least because it's the total opposite of the stereotypical footballer interview. I think my favourite bit is when he mentions how scoring a goal for some teams involves standing in the box and going "tap". Then he does a description of what he does that comes straight from Pele doing tactics in Escape To Victory.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3011 on: March 24, 2024, 12:37:51 PM »
The good news is if Bailey is going all out for his dream move our tactics for the remainder of the season should be get the ball to Leon.
I'm still puzzled about where his performance V spurs came from. he was beyond shit. Was he playing with flu, just didn't fancy it or something else? To be fair he's usually turned up in the big games

I didn't see the pre-Spurs interview but I've seen people say he was full of snot and clearly had a cold, so that would explain it. That said our tactics were wrong and the players clearly tired, with Maddison and their manager both saying they could tell we were leggy by the end of the first half. They got lucky with the timing of the game. This was then compounded by McGinn getting himself sent off and a tired team having to play with 10 players.

Offline jon collett

« Reply #3012 on: March 24, 2024, 01:02:12 PM »

We played him in the middle that game which is not his position.

I’m just trying to completely forget that game!

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #3013 on: April 01, 2024, 06:47:55 PM »

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #3014 on: April 03, 2024, 11:09:11 AM »
A very likeable lad.  He seems really comfortable and settled now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal