collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 03:07:56 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:00:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 02:58:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Monty
[Today at 02:54:11 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by LeeB
[Today at 02:51:15 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Astnor
[Today at 02:46:26 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 02:36:48 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Astnor
[Today at 02:28:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emi Buendia - Injured  (Read 232158 times)

Offline Demitri_C

Re: Emi Buendia - Signed
« Reply #1185 on: December 27, 2021, 12:10:45 PM »
I think there is a very decent player in there. He's shown patches of it here and there but obviously not enough so far. I think 'biggest flop in the clubs history so far' and 'complete waste of money' are a tad over the top seeing as he's only been here a few months but then again, a lot of our fans are not known for their patience.

Well the key wors were 'so far'

Do t see how anyone argues he ahsnt been yet. 40m and he has one goal and what 3/4 assists? Not good enough.

Hopefully he gets better but so far he has been pretty shit.  Definitely nowhere the level of grealish was

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #1186 on: December 27, 2021, 12:18:11 PM »
The modern day David Craig

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1187 on: December 27, 2021, 12:35:40 PM »
The modern day Tommy Craig.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1188 on: December 27, 2021, 12:38:55 PM »
I was actually o.k with how he played yesterday. He was getting on ball first half and trying to make things happen. Guess a player of his type will always feel on the fringes when we aren't dominating or on the front foot in games.

Just feels like every time I watch him it's like we massively overpaid for him. Traore came on and had some nice touches and even at his kamikaze worst he usually comes up with something memorable in a game as we saw last season. He cost us less than 20m. Bailey is proven european league player at top level and he was 25m.

With appearances Buendia could be close to 40m. Mind you I'd happily bung Norwich another 10m if he helps us win a cup in next few years.

Online TonyD

« Reply #1189 on: December 27, 2021, 12:54:14 PM »
I like him.  He will get better. 

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #1190 on: December 27, 2021, 12:58:51 PM »
The modern day Tommy Craig.

That's who I meant - actually he was a decent player just did not fit in the team pattern.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #1191 on: December 27, 2021, 01:22:58 PM »
Beundia has something in terms of skill and vision, but he is very lightweight. Also the moaning and body language are all wrong sometimes. Ive just watched the highlights back on MOTD, there is no doubt the first pen is a mistake by Cash, but in the build up, a not great ball is played to Beundia in the middle, he cant reach it, but instead of chasing back he stands still in the middle of the field flapping his arms around and looking at the sky.
It may not have made any difference to the outcome, and it may have played out the same way, but if i was Gerard i would be fuming at him for what that symbolises.

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #1192 on: December 27, 2021, 01:57:54 PM »
Beundia has something in terms of skill and vision, but he is very lightweight. Also the moaning and body language are all wrong sometimes. Ive just watched the highlights back on MOTD, there is no doubt the first pen is a mistake by Cash, but in the build up, a not great ball is played to Beundia in the middle, he cant reach it, but instead of chasing back he stands still in the middle of the field flapping his arms around and looking at the sky.
It may not have made any difference to the outcome, and it may have played out the same way, but if i was Gerard i would be fuming at him for what that symbolises.

Yes, noticed his body language in the second half especially was not good at all.   Gerrard will not have been impressed with that.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1193 on: December 27, 2021, 02:26:59 PM »

Online Drummond

« Reply #1194 on: December 27, 2021, 02:30:17 PM »
He was the best player at his previous club. Most things went through him. Now he's at a club with better players and isn't getting as many opportunities. His teammates all think they can do it themselves so don't necessarily pass to him and he'll be frustrated to not be the focal point as he was.

However, he's a great player who will adjust and who's teammates will see what a benefit he can be.

The supporters aren't seeing from him what they thought they were getting, but the manager is using him in a different way in a different team.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #1195 on: December 27, 2021, 04:02:28 PM »
I just saw him in Flannels at the Fort with his missus. So much for staying in a bubble.
They were both fully masked tbh.

Both are very small.

I too think he is very close to being a very important player for us going forward. I bet Gerrard sees him as a ready made Coutiniho and expect a great improvement after a full pre season with SG

Offline trinityoap

« Reply #1196 on: December 27, 2021, 04:07:40 PM »
Drummond,would you like to post these comments directly to the Jack Grealish thread as well?

Online Drummond

« Reply #1197 on: December 27, 2021, 05:07:37 PM »
Drummond,would you like to post these comments directly to the Jack Grealish thread as well?

Exactly.

Online Drummond

« Reply #1198 on: December 27, 2021, 05:08:20 PM »
Oh and I'd much rather see a cheesy matching pj's photo shoot than a pissed up one.

Offline supertom

« Reply #1199 on: December 27, 2021, 05:27:01 PM »
As long as he gets consistency and delivers, he can be as moody as he likes. Frustration is better than the given up look. And we've had some players over the years who played like nothing was going right and they couldn't pull themselves out of it. Sometimes he's not quite on the wavelength with the others and the flicks and first time passes aren't coming off. He's trying to pass through players too. It looks good when you meg someone, but it's not coming off at the moment. He has improved under Gerrard, and actually yesterday was probably the worst he's played under Gerrard IMO.

I think he'll turn it around, and hopefully in the run in like Doug in his first season. That said, as hopeful as I am, there's no way he looks like a 30 million quid player. Still, Grealish is coming back in the summer, tail between his legs, half the price we paid, and on a pay cut. Mark my words...
Right...more Prosecco for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal