collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by aj2k77
[Today at 10:21:35 PM]

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emi Buendia - Injured  (Read 232242 times)

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
Re: Emi Buendia - Signed
« Reply #1155 on: December 25, 2021, 03:32:24 PM »
It's our daughter-in-law's birthday today too. It doesn't impress her, she celebrates it about a week beforehand as that, apparently was when she was due.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #1156 on: December 26, 2021, 08:53:37 PM »
I hope Mr Gerrard can work out what to do with him to bring out his strengths, because after half a season I still have no clue what he's good at.

Offline Aldridge Villa

« Reply #1157 on: December 26, 2021, 09:00:46 PM »
He’s good at showing glimpses of promise every game. Alas, glimpses only.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1158 on: December 26, 2021, 10:05:02 PM »
This is it, but that inability to get away from defenders reduces his potential impact on any game.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1159 on: December 26, 2021, 10:17:07 PM »
This is it, but that inability to get away from defenders reduces his potential impact on any game.

Too often tonight, he tried to thread the ball through their defence only for the pass to be picked off as to easy to read.  He's too slow to be a top player and I think we have massively overpaid for him on the evidence so far.  Some nice touches at times but can be a bit tippy tappy, nowhere near fit enough and I am still not sure what his best position is.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #1160 on: December 26, 2021, 10:51:00 PM »
Not often I say this about a villa player but Steve Gerrard please sell him whilst he has some value

Offline LeonW

« Reply #1161 on: December 26, 2021, 10:57:46 PM »
I have doubts about Buendia but wouldn’t look to sell just yet. There’s a reason why he’s not playing for a Liverpool or a Man City. But equally, with a more work he could be a more effective player for us. It’s been mentioned by other posters before; he needs to work on winning more free kicks. And he definitely needs to work on his body strength for ball retention because he does seem to have the ball pitched off him too frequently.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1162 on: December 26, 2021, 11:04:38 PM »
Some cod psychology, but he just needs to accept that falling over and buying a free kick doesn't make him less of a bloke. Feel him being a firey Argentine, but the size of Scrappy Doo, he has some short man machismo going on where he refuses to be cowed.

Just fall over and buy free kick after free kick.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #1163 on: December 26, 2021, 11:13:52 PM »
Some cod psychology, but he just needs to accept that falling over and buying a free kick doesn't make him less of a bloke. Feel him being a firey Argentine, but the size of Scrappy Doo, he has some short man machismo going on where he refuses to be cowed.

Just fall over and buy free kick after free kick.

The irony is that the better he gets at winning free kicks the less likely he is to be fouled in the first place.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1164 on: December 26, 2021, 11:37:49 PM »
His plus points are his skill, quick feet and eye for a pass. The negatives are that he’s slow and easily knocked about. Whether his plus points can overcome the negatives remains to be seen. Overall the use of the £100m for Grealish has been disappointing though.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #1165 on: December 26, 2021, 11:50:43 PM »
His plus points are his skill, quick feet and eye for a pass. The negatives are that he’s slow and easily knocked about. Whether his plus points can overcome the negatives remains to be seen. Overall the use of the £100m for Grealish has been disappointing though.

When you look at the lockdown pictures and watch his subsequent interviews… I still think we’ve done ok.

richtheholtender

« Reply #1166 on: December 26, 2021, 11:55:17 PM »

If we run with the £100 million not being spent correctly theory, given that we've just sacked the last guy who oversaw  transfers to the manager, would this indicate the business model is wrong? I've never been a fan of it anyway as you can't really hold the manager accountable if it doesn't work. Norwich have a similar model, not sure of other clubs or if it's even the norm now.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1167 on: December 26, 2021, 11:59:06 PM »
Not often I say this about a villa player but Steve Gerrard please sell him whilst he has some value
Very harsh indeed. He will one of the best players in the League next season.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1168 on: December 27, 2021, 02:01:18 AM »
Very harsh indeed. He will one of the best players in the League next season.

I agree.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #1169 on: December 27, 2021, 07:40:58 AM »

If we run with the £100 million not being spent correctly theory, given that we've just sacked the last guy who oversaw  transfers to the manager, would this indicate the business model is wrong? I've never been a fan of it anyway as you can't really hold the manager accountable if it doesn't work. Norwich have a similar model, not sure of other clubs or if it's even the norm now.

Who has been sacked?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal