collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emi Buendia - Injured  (Read 232173 times)

Offline wittonwarrior

Re: Emi Buendia - Signed
« Reply #1020 on: November 21, 2021, 09:35:31 PM »
Hope we can use him most effectively in the January window.  He's not a good fit at the moment to be honest.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #1021 on: November 21, 2021, 11:03:38 PM »
Simply not good enough for Premier League football. We need to try and move him on ASAP maybe a swap deal in January.

Ashley Young was absolutely fantastic and Buendia should be watching him very closely and learn how to be an Elite Footballer.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1022 on: November 21, 2021, 11:26:17 PM »
How many games do we give a player to see if he's up to our standard?

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1023 on: November 21, 2021, 11:50:08 PM »
How many games do we give a player to see if he's up to our standard?

Probably more than 6, which is the equivalent number of league games he's played for us in terms of minutes on the pitch.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1024 on: November 22, 2021, 05:45:09 AM »
It is too early to write him off because you can see that he has real talent.
He needs to find a way to not being caught on the ball at this level.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #1025 on: November 22, 2021, 06:16:23 AM »
Is this the same Ashley Young that was too old a few weeks ago and shouldn't be playing

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1026 on: November 22, 2021, 09:17:55 AM »
It's just hard to see where he's going to fit in, or do well. You need pace in this game, especially as a wide player. It's all very well having talent but if you haven't got the phyicality or the speed, you're going to struggle as a wide player. Jota was the same, although Buendia is better than him.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1027 on: November 22, 2021, 09:21:27 AM »
Is this the same Ashley Young that was too old a few weeks ago and shouldn't be playing

Apparently he’s been swimming in a cocoon pool at BH

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #1028 on: November 22, 2021, 09:29:50 AM »
It's just hard to see where he's going to fit in, or do well. You need pace in this game, especially as a wide player. It's all very well having talent but if you haven't got the phyicality or the speed, you're going to struggle as a wide player. Jota was the same, although Buendia is better than him.

Surely this is where Gerrard and his coaching team earn their money. He’s clearly a good footballer, they just need to find a way to get the best from him.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1029 on: November 22, 2021, 09:36:31 AM »

Surely this is where Gerrard and his coaching team earn their money. He’s clearly a good footballer, they just need to find a way to get the best from him.

Agree with this. He's had hardly any time, has been injured / the other side of the world for much of his time with us. He cost us over 30m, so one of the things Gerrard and his team are going to have to do is get the best out of him. Give them a chance.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1030 on: November 22, 2021, 09:52:41 AM »
I'll give them and him a chance, no bother, I just don't see it happening. As Risso says, I think his weaknesses are going to prove too much to overcome.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1031 on: November 22, 2021, 09:54:46 AM »

Jack wasn't exactly blessed with natural pace, but he did OK out wide.   He is a bit of a freak of course, as he seems to move faster with the ball than without it.

One thing that Buendia does have that SG will value is the workrate and desire to press the opposition defenders, even if other parts of his game are struggling at the moment.  Not saying he'll make it with us, but he's not an N'Zog or Carles Gill-type, who if they aren't creating aren't doing owt.

Bailey has looked more effective coming off the bench than starting recently, so there might be merit in saying to Buendia or whoever starts wide to go at it full pelt for 60-70 minutes and let our bench turn the game as required.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1032 on: November 22, 2021, 09:58:28 AM »
Grealish had unbelievable control though, and was no slouch when he got going. He was entirely impossible to dispossess fairly as well, meaning he never lost possession by being tackled or knocked off the ball. The absolute polar opposite of Buendia in that regard.

I really hope Buendia makes it, I just don't think he will.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1033 on: November 22, 2021, 10:02:18 AM »
I think it's likely that Buendia will make it to some degree. Whether he'll live up to the transfer fee is another thing, but I'd be very surprised if he was simply a write-off.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1034 on: November 22, 2021, 10:06:23 AM »
Grealish had unbelievable control though, and was no slouch when he got going. He was entirely impossible to dispossess fairly as well, meaning he never lost possession by being tackled or knocked off the ball. The absolute polar opposite of Buendia in that regard.

I really hope Buendia makes it, I just don't think he will.

The Man City player is quicker when he has the ball than when he hasn't, and has the football (and only football) intelligence to know what to do with it. Like you, I wish Buendia well, but I doubt it'll work out for him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal