collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emi Buendia - Injured  (Read 237533 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Emi Buendia - Signed
« Reply #990 on: November 20, 2021, 10:02:22 PM »
Thanks for that Rudy.  You know my eyesight does not function beyond the Holte End penalty area.  Mind you I was able to make out a number of blue and white striped shirts rolling about at regular intervals.

Here you go, Brian.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #991 on: November 20, 2021, 10:12:49 PM »
That is very funny Rudy.  Especially so as I don't wear spectacles any longer.

Offline oldhill_avfc

Re: Emi Buendia - Signedj
« Reply #992 on: November 20, 2021, 10:52:24 PM »
Along with Ings looking like another waste of money at the moment.
He may come good but he doesn’t convince me.

Looking increasingly like trying to play these two cost Smith his job.

Both have been useless so far, so bench at best from now on for me.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #993 on: November 20, 2021, 11:24:10 PM »
Utter waste of a jersey today. Buendia is soooooo slow over the first couple of metres. Also has a habit of not looking when he plays short passes so they are slightly off for the recipient. Needs to be put through the wringer in training.

Online Villan82

« Reply #994 on: November 21, 2021, 12:11:22 AM »
I would bench him for Bailey.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #995 on: November 21, 2021, 12:24:11 AM »
Benrahma while initially on loan at West Ham last season wasn’t up to much. He’s been a much more significant contributor this season after the deal was made permanent. He adjusted to his new team, worked hard and developed into the system.

I think Buendia will do the same, adjust and prove his worth. Still a young player, he will find his spot as we look to play more attacking possession based football where we are not constantly chasing the ball.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #996 on: November 21, 2021, 12:42:48 AM »

And yet we have a completely new management team and they were both picked to start so they must be doing something right in training. It's just not translating to match day for some reason.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #997 on: November 21, 2021, 02:18:40 AM »
He looks really, really light weight and a bit crap. The difference between being a good Noriwch player in the Championship and playing for the Villa.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #998 on: November 21, 2021, 02:47:41 AM »
Right up to the 80th minute I was prepared to sell Ollie back to Exeter for half of what they sold him. He was that poor and not for the first time. Buendia is far more technically skilled, until now he's not been used properly. There's a great player in there. Just like Ollie.

Online LeonW

« Reply #999 on: November 21, 2021, 06:17:07 AM »
Out of the 3 big summer signings, he’s the one I’m most dubious about. Even putting his fitness to one side, his lack of awareness for a reduced space skills player is alarming. The amount of times Bunedia loses the ball/has his pocket pinched is becoming noticeable, as is my view that opposition managers are deliberately targeting him to regain possession because he’s a weak link. For a creative ball player costing over £30m that is a big red flag for me. Plus he’s playing with better players than at Norwich.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #1000 on: November 21, 2021, 09:21:59 AM »

And yet we have a completely new management team and they were both picked to start so they must be doing something right in training. It's just not translating to match day for some reason.

Perhaps, but it was obvious for all to see that it wasn’t working at half time and changes needed to be made.

Ings doesn’t hold onto the ball and get us up the the field, so that leaves the forwards isolated and leaves us unable to build pressure.  Buendia has been poor in all regards.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 07:53:47 PM by oldhill_avfc »

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #1001 on: November 21, 2021, 09:54:08 AM »
He's far, far too easy to get the ball off for a creative player.

Unfortunately, this.

Good thing is it should be easy to coach so he shields the ball more effectively, and if then he keeps giving it away, then others will need to take his spot

Offline rooboy316

• GM : 27.09.2024
« Reply #1002 on: November 21, 2021, 10:16:30 AM »
He needs a bit of coaching on how to (not) use his body. Too often he tries to draw contact and protect the ball in front... which he’s too slight for and thus gets knocked off.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1003 on: November 21, 2021, 11:03:21 AM »
His passing, in tight areas can be brilliant, we've seen examples of it and there's evidence from his time at Norwich. When the balance of our side is worked out, and the team and system more settled I've no doubt he'll flourish.

His attitude is one of determination, and I like that. Nobody should be happy being subbed, so I get that too.

He's been with us for 12 games in an unsettled, largely under performing squad. Give the guy some time.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1004 on: November 21, 2021, 02:26:44 PM »
Yesterday was the first time I really worried he wouldn't make it, he faded that badly. However, with a bit of reflection I thought it was noticeable how much better he was when the rest of the team was doing the new style a bit more, and that he faded as we retreated a bit to nullify Brighton's possession game. That round-the-corner pass for Ings in the first half was incredible - we'll just have to see, as Gerrard stamps his imprint on the playing style a bit more, if he comes good at that point.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal