collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emi Buendia - Injured  (Read 232267 times)

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Emi Buendia - Signed
« Reply #795 on: October 18, 2021, 01:43:29 PM »
Buendia right, Watkins central, Bailey left is our best front 3. Ings is a very good striker, but limits the way you play going forward. He has to fight it out with Watkins for me.

This.
Yep.  We don't have to start every player every game and we need to get out the mindset that Watkins and Ings are undroppable.

Agreed. I wonder if Dean is still haunted by Joe and Barkley's sulking antics at being subbed last season?

If anything Deano let the Barkley situation develop a few games too long. Could be guilty of the same when it comes to Ings/Watkins (and more Watkins if we are honest). Watkins strikes me as a top pro anyway and likely would react in the right way.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #796 on: October 18, 2021, 02:47:03 PM »
Watkins strikes me as a top pro anyway and likely would react in the right way.

I actually feel the opposite - especially now he has played for England. I think if dropped ( and i would keep Ings in the team as on current form is significantly playing better than Ollie) then it would not be long before usual bullshit players come out with such as  "he has to consider his England place" and look to move and i imagine his preferred place would be North London.

A shadow of the player he was last season

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #797 on: October 19, 2021, 09:19:32 AM »
Bizarre opinion considering he was very bright yesterday.

Thought he was a bit of a mixed bag on Saturday to be totally honest Ads.  I was in the top of the North Stand, so could see that his movement was good in the first half and he found some pockets of space in between their midfield and defence.  Thought he also played some nice balls that led to us getting chances, particularly the one for Ings towards the end of the half.

I did think, however, that he was in traffic in central areas he looked a little slow and lightweight at times.  He was eased off the ball a few times and gave the ball away a few too many times.  That said, he is still finding his feet and getting up to speed at the moment, so those areas may improve over the coming weeks.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #798 on: October 19, 2021, 10:53:53 AM »
I think he had his best five minutes of the game just before he was taken off. Easy in hindsight, but taking him off was a mistake. In lieu of Bailey or Traore, his removal left us devoid of creative spark and allowed Wolves to attack with impunity.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #799 on: October 19, 2021, 11:02:46 AM »
I'm still puzzled as to why he was so knackered after 70 minutes. Yes he appeared to put a decent shift in, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #800 on: October 19, 2021, 11:20:12 AM »

Thought he was a bit of a mixed bag on Saturday to be totally honest Ads.  I was in the top of the North Stand, so could see that his movement was good in the first half and he found some pockets of space in between their midfield and defence.  Thought he also played some nice balls that led to us getting chances, particularly the one for Ings towards the end of the half.

I did think, however, that he was in traffic in central areas he looked a little slow and lightweight at times.  He was eased off the ball a few times and gave the ball away a few too many times.  That said, he is still finding his feet and getting up to speed at the moment, so those areas may improve over the coming weeks.

He is not the quickest , but neither was David Silva , he has quick feet and works hard ,  i thought it was promising

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #801 on: October 19, 2021, 02:49:22 PM »
I'm still puzzled as to why he was so knackered after 70 minutes. Yes he appeared to put a decent shift in, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Maybe it was the emotional side of it. Packed Villa Park, 2-0 up, playing well. Hadn't been fully fit and trying to catch up?

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #802 on: October 19, 2021, 02:53:02 PM »

Maybe it was the emotional side of it. Packed Villa Park, 2-0 up, playing well. Hadn't been fully fit and trying to catch up?

Do we actually know why he was subbed? I remember he'd just won the ball back in midfield with his pressing, so he certainly didn't look 'knackered' to me.  Could it have been tactical? Didn't I see someone say he'd motioned to the bench to come off so maybe he felt something?

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #803 on: October 19, 2021, 02:53:15 PM »
I thought he was great on Saturday. He worked his bollocks off and won the ball back a few times as well.

I'm almost more encouraged by the slower start he's made, as players that start like a house on fire with us seem to then fizzle out quickly.

Online Drummond

« Reply #804 on: October 19, 2021, 02:59:10 PM »

Do we actually know why he was subbed? I remember he'd just won the ball back in midfield with his pressing, so he certainly didn't look 'knackered' to me.  Could it have been tactical? Didn't I see someone say he'd motioned to the bench to come off so maybe he felt something?

Someone mentioned he'd asked to come off, but I've no idea whether that's right or not. I hope he's not injured.

I like him and can only see him getting better. He's a very clever player and fights hard too.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #805 on: October 19, 2021, 03:13:10 PM »

Someone mentioned he'd asked to come off, but I've no idea whether that's right or not. I hope he's not injured.

I like him and can only see him getting better. He's a very clever player and fights hard too.

It was Smith that mentioned it.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #806 on: October 19, 2021, 03:23:41 PM »

He 100% did.  He turned to the bench, waved and did the twirly fingers thing to mean substitution.

At the time I thought he must've been injured but then he spent the next two minutes while Ramsey was getting stripped sprinting around the pitch showing no sign of any issues.

It was quite strange.

Online Drummond

« Reply #807 on: October 19, 2021, 03:33:28 PM »
So, just to debunk Smith's previous assertion that players don't ask to come off from being tired/exhausted (whatever it was he said).....!

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #808 on: October 19, 2021, 09:30:01 PM »

He is not the quickest , but neither was David Silva , he has quick feet and works hard ,  i thought it was promising

As I said above, early days yet so hard to make any real judgement at this point.  From where I was sat, you could see he worked hard off the ball to get into space and played some nice balls when in possession.

The thing with the likes of Silva are that although they are not the quickest, they just seem to have a way of getting away from opposition players.  Just thought that Buendia struggled to do that on Saturday and was caught and eased off the ball a little too easily at times.  Might be that he is still finding his sharpness.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #809 on: October 21, 2021, 10:55:11 PM »
Smith on Emi Buendia: "We know the qualities that he’s got, the pass that he put through for Danny Ings in the first half vs Wolves is why he attracted us so much. There is a lot more to come and he will be the first to say that."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal