collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emi Buendia - Injured  (Read 238445 times)

Offline pelty

Re: Emi Buendia - Signed
« Reply #600 on: August 21, 2021, 07:26:25 PM »
Not trying to find something where there is nothing, but is Buendia slow? Feel like he gets beaten for pace all the time, but I realize I may let my momentary frustration influence my general opinion. Anyone else feel there is something to my concern or am I just overreacting?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #601 on: August 21, 2021, 07:34:03 PM »
Not trying to find something where there is nothing, but is Buendia slow? Feel like he gets beaten for pace all the time, but I realize I may let my momentary frustration influence my general opinion. Anyone else feel there is something to my concern or am I just overreacting?
he is not lightening quick and tends to turn back when pressed to create space for himself. He was excellent today.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #602 on: August 21, 2021, 07:34:36 PM »
He definitely looks off the pace. Not fast enough, easily brushed off the ball, and not really finding space in dangerous areas.

It's early days but you can tell he's finding it tricky.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #603 on: August 21, 2021, 07:39:40 PM »
He's still adapting to a new way of playing and a new set of players. He knew when Cantwell and Pukki would go behind, drop deep, play a one-two etc. It will come here, lets get him on the pitch with Ollie, Bailey, Traore and then we will see his worth.

For what its worth I thought he looked alot better this week, in the 1st half Cash had the ball on the right flank, Emi dropped deep and played a lovely one-two to get Cash into the area. It was one of the few times we opened them up.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #604 on: August 21, 2021, 07:40:03 PM »
My worry all along was that he might get bullied a bit by more physical players it absolutely happened last week and again a bit today, we really need him to learn how to handle it better but I think part of it is that he's not fully fit, lets see how he's going come the end of September.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #605 on: August 21, 2021, 07:48:39 PM »
He definitely looks off the pace. Not fast enough, easily brushed off the ball, and not really finding space in dangerous areas.

It's early days but you can tell he's finding it tricky.

Exactly right. He's got no real pace at all, and was bullied constantly today. Some nice touches, but that's not enough at this level. Hope he finds his feet, and I suppose the hope is that when we've got Watkins and Bailey back, they'll pull players around with their pace and running so he can concentrate on his passing. Concerning though, he looks every inch the Championship player making a step up at the moment. Early days, but hard to imagine him getting any quicker or bigger.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #606 on: August 21, 2021, 07:52:33 PM »
I think he started to get more physically involved in the second half. He pressed well with Ramsey at one point, which resulted in a foul by Jacob Murphy.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #607 on: August 21, 2021, 08:40:10 PM »
Buendia will be absolutely fine for us after a few games. He's a class act, and I liked the ay today that he linked well with Cash, MGinn and JJ.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #608 on: August 21, 2021, 08:47:21 PM »
FFS he's played 2 games.

His stats from his last Premier League season were brilliant and in a team that were relegated. He'll be fine.

Offline achilles

« Reply #609 on: August 21, 2021, 08:57:14 PM »
he is not lightening quick and tends to turn back when pressed to create space for himself. He was excellent today.

Sorry I totally disagree, he is either not fully fit yet or still carrying an injury but he was anonymous today!

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #610 on: August 21, 2021, 09:09:09 PM »
I think Smith might have a bit of a game trying to find the perfect attacking midfield/wingers combination

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #611 on: August 21, 2021, 09:14:17 PM »
FFS he's played 2 games.

His stats from his last Premier League season were brilliant and in a team that were relegated. He'll be fine.

Just to be clear I'm not writing him off and I think he has a lot of quality but I think there's a fair concern that he's been bullied a bit so far and that happened last time he was in this league as well.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #612 on: August 21, 2021, 09:14:19 PM »
He was better, but way short of what he’ll be able to do. He’ll be fine.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #613 on: August 21, 2021, 09:18:13 PM »

Buendia Heatmap.....

I posted this when we signed him. This is where he played for Norwich.

"What is it?"
- "I don't know but it looks like it's attacking the Enterprise."

As long as he’s attacking, he’s good for me and The Villa.
Phaser on ‘Stun’. 👍

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #614 on: August 21, 2021, 09:25:02 PM »
Wasnt great for me. Will give him obviously more time, but so far he doesnt look like a 40m player to me.  He could still be catching his fitness

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal