collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emi Buendia - Injured  (Read 237526 times)

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
Re: Emi Buendia
« Reply #345 on: June 09, 2021, 09:04:32 PM »
There was a piece in the Athletic today about how he's been bought to play the number 10 position. When you watch his highlight packages, he's not really the type to be hugging the touchline...a lot of his goals and assists, he did look to be starting in a central position.

The article also said about how he had chosen us sometime ago by the sound of it and he never seemed interested in Arsenal.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #346 on: June 09, 2021, 09:45:14 PM »
There was a piece in the Athletic today about how he's been bought to play the number 10 position. When you watch his highlight packages, he's not really the type to be hugging the touchline...a lot of his goals and assists, he did look to be starting in a central position. 

Let's hope they're wrong. My guess is they're guessing.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #347 on: June 09, 2021, 09:47:36 PM »

Let's hope they're wrong. My guess is they're guessing.

Oh I don’t know. Jack, Bert and Emi behind Ollie sounds like a pretty mouth-watering front four if Bert plays to his potential.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #348 on: June 09, 2021, 10:03:28 PM »

The article also said about how he had chosen us sometime ago by the sound of it and he never seemed interested in Arsenal.

Obviously I have no idea what the plans are but from what I have read and the heat maps posted on here, last year he was mostly based on the right but cuts inside to do stuff-that-appears-on-youtube.  Personally, I’d prefer an extra body in the midfield three (and unshackle McGinn at bit) before we go full 4231 because I don’t think we have the right players for the midfield two.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #349 on: June 09, 2021, 10:12:17 PM »
Horses for courses.

richtheholtender

« Reply #350 on: June 09, 2021, 10:16:46 PM »
If we don’t sign another I would prefer Troare in the 10. He is accused of not really helping the full back so this would remove that duty and play to his strengths of skill and creativity. Jack on the left, Buendia on the right to help with the tracking back and of course do their thing going forward.

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
« Reply #351 on: June 09, 2021, 10:34:23 PM »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #352 on: June 10, 2021, 10:06:02 AM »
I take it we are waiting until he's back and can pose for photos, etc, before confirming the deal. Will he have to isolate for two weeks or is he exempt as he's a sportsman? Not sure if exemptions apply out of season.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #353 on: June 10, 2021, 10:08:27 AM »
If the Athletic piece was written by Gregg Evans, let's remember that we're dealing with a man who doesn't know how to spell Greg.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #354 on: June 10, 2021, 10:10:43 AM »
If the Athletic piece was written by Gregg Evans, let's remember that we're dealing with a man who doesn't know how to spell Greg.

He was named after the bakery.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #355 on: June 10, 2021, 10:21:08 AM »
I have a Gregg mate.  He’s not a Gregory, he’s just Gregg. He’s a nose and he’s a bit nuts but he’s sound is Gregg.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #356 on: June 10, 2021, 10:25:04 AM »
I have a Gregg mate.  He’s not a Gregory, he’s just Gregg. He’s a nose and he’s a bit nuts but he’s sound is Gregg.

A nose that can't spell. That's got to be a first!

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #357 on: June 10, 2021, 10:33:31 AM »

I liken it to Marc instead of Mark. It wasn’t his doing it was his parents but given that his Father was a nose too it’s a fair point.  Gregg is actually a bit pissed off that his dad made him be a Blues fan. He’s at the stage now where he doesn’t care about Blues but supports Villa’s failures.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #358 on: June 10, 2021, 10:42:57 AM »

I liken it to Marc instead of Mark. It wasn’t his doing it was his parents but given that his Father was a nose too it’s a fair point.  Gregg is actually a bit pissed off that his dad made him be a Blues fan. He’s at the stage now where he doesn’t care about Blues but supports Villa’s failures.

I'm like that with the Labour party. I've long ago stopped expecting them to do well, but love it when the Tories get into bother. It was my dad who gave me no choice but to be a lefty too. I feel his pain.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #359 on: June 10, 2021, 10:48:36 AM »
wrong thread

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal