collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emi Buendia - Injured  (Read 232270 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Emi Buendia
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2021, 07:50:46 PM »
One Emiliano theres only one Emiliano. One Emiliano.......
No; here's two Emilianos ...
.. and they're both ours!!
 ;D

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2021, 07:51:36 PM »
Would love to hear a Villa Park. rendition of “there’s only two Emilianos, two Emilianos!”...

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2021, 07:54:16 PM »
Im not sure about this one, mainly because ive payed little attention to him really but looking at the Norwich forum they seem to think he's better than Maddison and we have gotten an absolute bargain. Welcome Emi.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2021, 07:54:40 PM »
I'm so excited we have sent a statement with this signing happy days.

Offline boutrosboutrosgnarly

« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2021, 07:55:43 PM »
Excellent signing if it happens, and now it looks like we've beaten one of their favourite clubs to a player how long till the media start the baseless speculative bullshit about Jack?
Oh and Norwich fans opinions? Who fucking cares, deep down they know that every member of staff from the 1st team players to the tea lady would walk over broken glass to join the Villa.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2021, 07:57:01 PM »
Have been looking around the net at comments, Christ alive there's some bitterness out there for us, mostly it seems from the kind of clubs who's fans felt because we were poor for a few seasons they were in some way contemporaries.

Have Lee Johnson or Ian Holloway chimed in yet?

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2021, 08:00:44 PM »
I still have some reservations about him coping with the extra pace and physicality, he was great in the championship in 18/19 and then struggled in a lot of the 19/20 PL games where he got bullied. However the highlights from last year show him being a lot more physical than he was so I'm optimistic that it has been addressed. If that is the case his technical ability is undoubtedly world class, the call up for Argentina is a big positive for me though because I don't think they'd have got him involved if there were still question marks.

Now bring on a top quality DM who can make us harder to break through in the middle (and free up the other midfielders to play 5-10yards higher up the pitch) and finish up with a couple of youngsters and someone with an extra yard of pace to play up front or out wide a an option.

He was 4th in the chances created stats during his only season in the premier league, which strikes me as pretty good going for a creative player that got 'bullied'...

Last time I checked footballers in the Championship are grown men, often more aggressive than their more refined contemporaries in the PL. You don’t need to be physical to be good. You just need to be good. And Buendia is very good.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2021, 08:00:45 PM »
I love our owners

Offline nigel

« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2021, 08:02:10 PM »

I think they both knew at the time of this photo

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2021, 08:06:21 PM »
I still have some reservations about him coping with the extra pace and physicality, he was great in the championship in 18/19 and then struggled in a lot of the 19/20 PL games where he got bullied. However the highlights from last year show him being a lot more physical than he was so I'm optimistic that it has been addressed. If that is the case his technical ability is undoubtedly world class, the call up for Argentina is a big positive for me though because I don't think they'd have got him involved if there were still question marks.

Now bring on a top quality DM who can make us harder to break through in the middle (and free up the other midfielders to play 5-10yards higher up the pitch) and finish up with a couple of youngsters and someone with an extra yard of pace to play up front or out wide a an option.

He was 4th in the chances created stats during his only season in the premier league, which strikes me as pretty good going for a creative player that got 'bullied'...

Can both not be true? I literally said in the post you quoted that his technical ability is world class which accounts for the chances he created (particularly given he was the only creative player in their team) he just looked like a smaller guy who wasn't used to defenders being so aggressive (a problem most players coming into the premier league experience for a while).

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2021, 08:08:48 PM »
Early Birthday and Christmas present for Emi as well as us. His birthday is December 25th.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2021, 08:09:10 PM »

Last time I checked footballers in the Championship are grown men, often more aggressive than their more refined contemporaries in the PL. You don’t need to be physical to be good. You just need to be good. And Buendia is very good.

I saw a fair bit of him in the Championship because Norwich featured strongly in the televised Championship games and he looked like he could handle himself physically at that level, which is more rough and tumble than the Premier League. So if he could handle himself physically in the Championship he will be fine in the Premier League.

Online lovejoy

« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2021, 08:09:46 PM »
Why are Norwich selling him?

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2021, 08:09:51 PM »

I think they both knew at the time of this photo

There doesn’t seem to be much of a Joleon Lescott I tweeted this from my pocket about it.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2021, 08:09:57 PM »
Would love to hear a Villa Park. rendition of “there’s only two Emilianos, two Emilianos!”...

Brilliant
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 08:11:35 PM by Nunkin1965 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal