collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emi Buendia - Injured  (Read 232458 times)

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
Re: Emi Buendia - Signed
« Reply #1440 on: May 11, 2022, 03:38:42 PM »
One thing I've observed is how Buendia is far more settled within the team and squad.
I think EB has managed to know integrate himself far more than he has and it was just a period of adjustment moving.
Next season he's going to be a key player.
Wonderful. Great competitive spirit. And has a great spring in the air for one so small stature.
We haven't seen enough of his wonder strikes and goal scoring abilities but he is very adapt at shooting something we can hopefully witness with the goals and creativity he'll bring when he's on pitch next season.
When he came on he was a leading light had quality touches and was as ever Emi B a hive of activity.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 03:41:23 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1441 on: May 11, 2022, 03:43:37 PM »
E is for Excellent
B is for Beehive

Go Emi!

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1442 on: May 11, 2022, 03:51:56 PM »
Not only is he turning into a brilliant player, we look a better team with him in it.

Gerrard would be mental to drop him.

No reason why he cannot play with Coutinho. The industry he brings should only benefit the relationship. And they are both incredibly creative

I’d like to see it, although not on Tuesday when we won’t see a lot of the ball, but have a worry that they’d both keep trying to take up the same positions and cancel each other out.
I remember a bloke behind me screaming the same at Dwight Yorke when he'd been our best player for half a season.  Sometimes the morons take a while to catch up and trot out outdated opinions until their mates in the pub explain to them the next thing they need to think.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #1443 on: May 11, 2022, 03:52:55 PM »
Emi Buendia !
He drinks sangria!

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #1444 on: May 22, 2022, 03:36:52 PM »
Pleased he gets the start versus Man City today.
Hoping he causes a few problems and help create opportunities.
Has a great leap on him a surprising threat in air.

Online rooboy316

• GM : 27.09.2024
« Reply #1445 on: May 23, 2022, 12:33:38 PM »
How’d he play? And how did the system work with Phil in the side too?

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #1446 on: July 14, 2022, 04:15:42 PM »
Will he be making the starting eleven more often than not in the run-up to the World Cup? For his sake and the sake of Argentina followers.
How many games do we expect him to start in the first 16 games as he competes for a place on the World Cup squad, and where does he fit into SG team?

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #1447 on: July 14, 2022, 04:38:11 PM »
Martinez

Cash - Carlos - Mings - Digne

Booby Kam - New CM

Buendia - Ramsey - Coots

Ings

8)

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #1448 on: July 14, 2022, 05:04:33 PM »
Like that above in some ways though would prefer one pivot, 6 , DM.

If I'm not mistaken, our backup eleven then looks something like this. Though Watkins and McGinn seem favoured by Gerrard
And I see Watkins a starter.

Olsen

Young- Chambers - Konsa- Augustinsson

Douglas Luiz - Nakamba-McGinn

Trarore -  Watkins - Bailey

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #1449 on: August 06, 2022, 11:36:29 AM »
Despite his enthusiasm, energy, and creativity, I don't see Buendia as a starter from the beginning of this season. He seems to have a difficult task ahead of him to get in the team consistently under Gerrard.
Even though he sometimes tries too hard which leads him to fouling , giving simple balls away and misplace passes as he  becomes overly emotional, I like him. I can see Emi starting more games further down the line and basically being involved every match due to five sub rule.

Although EB shows up a lot when on the pitch due to his energy and skills, I've also witnessed him start games being annoyomous and then he gets all frustrated in trying not be ineffectual.
I have hope he plays a role at times in more than a super sub, when he enters and has an impact you then think what if he started, but since it's a squad game, competition for positions is crucial and so is a players consistency.
Looking at you, McGinn, it seems to me that Emi though needs to work more than some to obtain the chance to play.

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #1450 on: August 06, 2022, 12:24:23 PM »
Buendia is probably the player I enjoy watching the most in our team. Great energy, he seems to regularly improve our tempo. He's the only one in our midfield who seems to find good through balls for Ings/Watkins. I'm hoping that a resurgent Bailey and he can find a good rhythm and understanding too. He'd be the first name in my team.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1451 on: August 06, 2022, 12:28:24 PM »
I'd love us to pick Buendia, Coutinho and Bailey, but doubt we will.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1452 on: August 06, 2022, 12:29:46 PM »
Buendia is probably the player I enjoy watching the most in our team. Great energy, he seems to regularly improve our tempo. He's the only one in our midfield who seems to find good through balls for Ings/Watkins. I'm hoping that a resurgent Bailey and he can find a good rhythm and understanding too. He'd be the first name in my team.

Seconded. I expect his non-inclusion to become an issue later in the season. SG will end up being forced to start him.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1453 on: August 06, 2022, 01:30:18 PM »
It worries me that SG's thinking seems to be so binary about Buendia being directly in competition with Phil. It seems rather misguided; naive even.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1454 on: August 06, 2022, 01:37:32 PM »
It worries me that SG's thinking seems to be so binary about Buendia being directly in competition with Phil. It seems rather misguided; naive even.

He started both together in Coutinho's early weeks. Pretty much ditched it after losing to Watford and we then won three in a row.

Coutinho being left on bench for both Burnley games shows at least Gerrard realised there are games when Buendia will be better fit from the start so hopefully that approach continues this year.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal