collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season tickets 2021/22  (Read 54633 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Season tickets 2021/22
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2021, 10:56:51 AM »
Fair enough Paulie. The Sunday before for me was one of the best days in the past 15 months. I haven't really been excited about much over these past 15 months, but Sunday was just fantastic.

You get ebb and flow every season of people who no longer can attend. For every person who no longer wants to go, there will be somebody who refuses to let the opportunity slip by this time and lumps on. I'd be shocked if the 30,000 doesn't comfortably sell out.

Football takes up a lot of time, but for me it is a family event so I don't necessarily agree with the suggestion that if you go to the football you're abdication all responsibilities elsewhere.

In respect of Covid, the more normal things you do, the less of a concern or thought it is.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 10:58:22 AM by Ads »

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2021, 10:57:23 AM »
I think that whilst there will be a lot of people who can’t wait to get back to Villa Park, there may well be a few who have realised they quite enjoy not having Villa at the centre of their weekend.
There will also be some who feel it’s too soon to go back & Villa haven’t indicated any particular provision for people who remain nervous and would rather wait and see how the next year of Covid plays out before jumping back into the middle of crowds.

Really?!

I agree with Amfy.

I suspect a lot of supporters (all clubs) hold on to season tickets in part out of 'habit' - it being something which has become a habitual part of their life. That habit has now been forcibly broken, so I suspect a lot will take the option of not renewing.

Then there's also the chance that for a lot of people, this last year, which has included long spells of not being able to see family and friends, will have made them reassess where and how they spend their time.

For others, there will be concern over how covid plays out in terms of future lockdowns, plus a real nervousness about being around 40,000 people in close proximity.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we're going to lose 20,000 season ticket holders over it, but I would be amazed if the above weren't the case.

Speaking personally, it is for me - I won't be renewing. It's not all to do with Covid (I had to miss lots of matches before first lockdown, in that season) but I'm going to be honest, it has made me rethink how I spend my time, and I also struggle with the idea of being around that many people again, at least for a while.

I'll pick and choose the odd match, so I won't be bailing totally, but a combination of things has made me not want to commit that much time and money in advance when things are so uncertain in so many ways.

By the same token there will be those who see watching live football as an integral part of their lives.  I've missed it massively, I know others too who feel the same.  It's not just the game it's also the social aspect which goes with the game which is just as important. TV doesn't give you that. 

We will lose some for the reasons amfy pointed out but gain some for these reasons.  The club will always lose 'customers' through natural wastage and for a multitude of reasons.  They will also find new customers because of who and what we are.  It's not just down to winning stuff. My guess is that 30% maybe even 40% of our ST fan base has never seen us win silverware. 

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2021, 11:05:24 AM »
Trying to renew. Won’t take my password, they will email me a link, waiting, waiting, waiting.
Try the 0333 number, rings out for a few minutes then cuts off.
For years the website has been a pile of shite, never up to date, never accurate and near impossible to navigate.

Yes I am pissed off.
Mate, there's 30,000 people trying to renew.  Leave it a few days and I'm sure the tel number will be a bit quieter.

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2021, 11:19:34 AM »
Trying to renew. Won’t take my password, they will email me a link, waiting, waiting, waiting.
Try the 0333 number, rings out for a few minutes then cuts off.
For years the website has been a pile of shite, never up to date, never accurate and near impossible to navigate.

Yes I am pissed off.
Mate, there's 30,000 people trying to renew.  Leave it a few days and I'm sure the tel number will be a bit quieter.

Probably, but the email they are “sending” should be part of an automated system.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2021, 11:24:40 AM »
Basically lost interest over the last few years, one of the reasons was going to the match on my own and watching the rubbish before Smith come along, but the main reason I keep going is the price is reasonable and mainly do I want to be dragged round IKEA or  any other shop on match day, felt really good to be back Sunday against Chelsea, just like meeting a old friend

Offline Luffbralion

« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2021, 11:27:52 AM »
I can't wait to be back...missed it like hell.

Meanwhile can anyone clarify what you get with the cup scheme and what it costs?

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2021, 11:32:07 AM »
I find it very frustrating that Villa are using V12 finance for payment installments. I have a couple of relatives, with season tickets spanning over decades, who's credit has been impacted by covid and have been rejected.

None have ever missed a season ticket payment, and will now be forced to give up their season tickets as they simply can not pay in full by 30th June. I really hoped Villa would be more sympathetic at a time like this - why can't they offer an in house installment over 4 months like they have in the past?

We're not getting a fucking mortgage.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2021, 11:35:30 AM »
I find it very frustrating that Villa are using V12 finance for payment installments. I have a couple of relatives, with season tickets spanning over decades, who's credit has been impacted by covid and have been rejected.

None have ever missed a season ticket payment, and will now be forced to give up their season tickets as they simply can not pay in full by 30th June. I really hoped Villa would be more sympathetic at a time like this - why can't they offer an in house installment over 4 months like they have in the past?     
                                                                                                                                     What about getting interest free credit card,pay some off every month, could be over 12 months or more and may work out better
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 11:39:08 AM by astonvilla82 »

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2021, 11:43:21 AM »
As with everything, it's harder to break the habit in the first place than to keep to not doing it. There will be a massive demand at first but then I would guess that those who didn't go back will soon be joined by those who did return and didn't enjoy it as much as they used to.

Offline levico

« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2021, 12:03:05 PM »
Looks like I’m having the same problem as others. Won’t accept my password or link my fan ID, phone permanently engaged.

Went to Villa Park today, ticket office closed and no one knows when it will reopen.
Had a season ticket since 1992 but it’s looking grim in this Catch 22 scenario.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2021, 12:10:22 PM »
Email them and they should reply within three days, that's what I've done.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2021, 12:12:08 PM »
I can't wait to be back...missed it like hell.

Meanwhile can anyone clarify what you get with the cup scheme and what it costs?

They say we should get first home cup game free. There isn't a set cost, it will be debited on a match by match basis. An early League Cup match against lower league opposition will be cheaper than an FA Cup quarter final against Man U, for instance.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2021, 12:14:42 PM »
There is a form to fill in to register interest to join the waiting list for season tickets on the official page. Follow the link to renew and click FAQ's.

I can't find this, my friend was asking how you get on the waiting list. Could you post the link, please?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2021, 12:18:55 PM »
Does anybody know if they are doing Claret and Blue memberships again?

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2021, 12:35:28 PM »
Just renewed.
Bit of a pain to get started as it told me I was an oap (I am now) so couldn't have my seat. Worked it out that there are no reductions where I sit in The Trinity Road.
Bit of a pain imputting the e voucher codes and completing the finance thing, but now it's done!
Not the most user-friendly process in the World, a bit of suffering and pain and angst. Wouldn't be The Villa otherwise, would it?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal