collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Everton pre-Match Thread - Thursday, May 13th - 6pm  (Read 6431 times)

Offline manic-road

Re: Aston Villa v Everton pre-Match Thread - Thursday, May 13th - 6pm
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2021, 09:47:27 PM »
Lose 0-1, Everton are better away at the moment.

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2021, 11:18:25 PM »
Did you know, that Villa vs Everton is the most-played top flight fixture of the last two weeks?

No idea about this one, we have the 3rd worst home record in the division, but Everton are a team, like West Ham, that for some reason I never see us losing to and it always surprises me when we do.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2021, 12:16:02 PM »
I'd start Wesley tbh.

FTF.

I’d start him and Davis with Traore at 10. Jack can come off the bench to finish them off at the end.

Never really think it's worthwhile leaving a player of Jack's quality on the bench. For one, his presence alone on the pitch will improve our other players and two, I always feel the guys on the pitch in his position spend the second half with one eye on the sideline expecting an imminent sub. Both AEG and Traore have played reasonably well of late and should start. Both are poor playing on the right of the three so maybe try Jack there for a change. Might surprise Everton too. They can always rotate a bit. No point at all starting Barkley but he can come in for Jack later on in the game if needs be.

Certainly hope this bizarre experiment of McGinn playing RCM and Luis LCM comes to an end. Don't understand it at all and only hurts us in trying to retain possession from the back.

----------Martinez
Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett
---------Luiz, McGinn
Jack, Traore, AEG
-----------Davis

Likes of Ramsey, Wesley, Barkley, maybe Sanson? in reserve....not the worst team IF Jack is back....If he isn't then we are back to Barks inevitably

Offline caster troy

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2021, 12:54:10 PM »
Jack definitely won't be fit to start but could be in the squad according to Dean.

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2021, 01:07:11 PM »
I wonder if Jack will make the bench and come on for the last 20?  I also wonder if Luiz will start after his penalty shenanigans against the plastics. Our home record needs to be better, good time start.  Barkley plays against his old club and pulls a hammy after ten minutes.

No offence but I'm not sure home and away records mean very much this season. That said it's curious how so many teams have better away records, when it should be more or less 50/50.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2021, 02:12:42 PM »
I wonder if Jack will make the bench and come on for the last 20?  I also wonder if Luiz will start after his penalty shenanigans against the plastics. Our home record needs to be better, good time start.  Barkley plays against his old club and pulls a hammy after ten minutes.

No offence but I'm not sure home and away records mean very much this season. That said it's curious how so many teams have better away records, when it should be more or less 50/50.
Its like home teams are more adversely affected by playing in front of their own empty stands.
Understandable though.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2021, 02:14:32 PM »
Keinan to bully the balls off Yerry Mina. And Wes to come on, finish things off and leave the Colombian whimpering on the deck. A knock-out in round nine to the Villa.

At the prospect of KD smashing him into the following decade, Mina isn’t traveling with the squad. James Rodriguez also out.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2021, 03:18:03 PM »
I'd start Wesley tbh.

FTF.

I’d start him and Davis with Traore at 10. Jack can come off the bench to finish them off at the end.

Never really think it's worthwhile leaving a player of Jack's quality on the bench. For one, his presence alone on the pitch will improve our other players and two, I always feel the guys on the pitch in his position spend the second half with one eye on the sideline expecting an imminent sub. Both AEG and Traore have played reasonably well of late and should start. Both are poor playing on the right of the three so maybe try Jack there for a change. Might surprise Everton too. They can always rotate a bit. No point at all starting Barkley but he can come in for Jack later on in the game if needs be.

Certainly hope this bizarre experiment of McGinn playing RCM and Luis LCM comes to an end. Don't understand it at all and only hurts us in trying to retain possession from the back.

----------Martinez
---------Luiz, McGinn
Jack, Traore, AEG
-----------Davis

Likes of Ramsey, Wesley, Barkley, maybe Sanson? in reserve....not the worst team IF Jack is back....If he isn't then we are back to Barks inevitably

I like the look of that line up with the exception of Luiz. I have lost faith in him recently.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2021, 03:25:42 PM »
            Martinez

Cash Konsa Mings Targett
      McGinn  Luiz
 Traore Barkley AEG       
           Davis

There's your team with the possibility of Ramsay starting in place of Barkley because of his effort and running about to counter the loss of Watkins.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2021, 03:34:54 PM »
Keinan to bully the balls off Yerry Mina. And Wes to come on, finish things off and leave the Colombian whimpering on the deck. A knock-out in round nine to the Villa.

At the prospect of KD smashing him into the following decade, Mina isn’t traveling with the squad. James Rodriguez also out.

Yaaay!

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2021, 03:35:33 PM »
Us 6-0 them, all goals from Davis. Start of a long streak where he scores at least once in every game for the next 5 years, forces his way in to the national team, and is widely lauded as the greatest striker the game has ever seen.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2021, 03:41:04 PM »
I'd start Wesley tbh.

FTF.

----------Martinez
---------Luiz, McGinn
Jack, Traore, AEG
-----------Davis

I like the look of that line up with the exception of Luiz. I have lost faith in him recently.

Agreed but Nakamba is nowhere near the required level and Ramsey hasn't impressed as of yet when he has started. Sanson is out again too.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2021, 03:46:36 PM »
Us 6-0 them, all goals from Davis. Start of a long streak where he scores at least once in every game for the next 5 years, forces his way in to the national team, and is widely lauded as the greatest striker the game has ever seen.

Oh man, I'll have some of that. Whatever it is, it's obviously gooooooood.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2021, 05:17:55 PM »
1-1.

Offline Skerra

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2021, 06:09:49 PM »
I’m still waiting for DS to say that this game has come too early for Jack but, will definitely be starting the match after this one or more probably the match after that or, even more likely the match after that!! Will probably have run out of matches before his actual return!! It’s the Villa way!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal