collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Plucky Naive Aston Villa 1-3 Penalty United post match thread  (Read 14006 times)

Offline jwarry

Re: Plucky Naive Aston Villa 1-3 Penalty United post match thread
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2021, 04:12:32 PM »
Can someone explain to me why there is only one camera replay position for Ollie’ sending off, or was it just the stream I was watching? Surely this was a potential wrong decision so VAR should have been all over it? Am I missing something?

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2021, 04:12:36 PM »
Surprised to see SKY not bother to look at the Greenwood handball.......

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2021, 04:12:53 PM »
We don’t help ourselves. We are 1 nil up , get in at half time and do nothing to shore up the problems of the first half. We inevitably concede and then lose.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2021, 04:13:02 PM »
One day I will watch this fixture and we won't concede a penalty, brainless from Luiz  he committed quite a few needless fouls in and around the box all season.

Quality goal from Bert but individual errors cost us dearly.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2021, 04:13:29 PM »
Same old shit, just a different day.

Douglas Luiz is a complete liability. I really hope City buy him back for £30m. He's a non-scoring midfielder who constantly gives away free-kicks in dangerous areas and really stupid, I'm talking imbecile level penalties away.

Thought he was playing pretty well up to that point but that's just a different level of idiocy from him.

Really don't get why McGinn is RCM and Luiz LCM. No wonder we can't keep any sustained level of possession with our holding midfielders turning onto their weaker sides constantly.

Thought we were unsurprisingly outclassed over the 90 mins really. Traore a liability without the ball but possibly our best player with it. It has been said countless times but no point in the Barkley experiment continuing. Let's try Traore there instead.

Terrible individual defending for the goals we conceded. I'd like to know how many goals Martinez has been at fault for since January. It seems like a lot. Mings diving in unnecessarily for the second didn't help. Cash caught yet again on his heels for the third.

Martinez 5, Cash 5, Konsa 7, Mings 6, Targett 6, Luiz 5 (Ramsey 5), McGinn 7, Traore 7, Barkley 4 (Davis 6), Watkins 5, AEG 6 (Wes 5).

Offline villa for life

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2021, 04:13:34 PM »
Regarding the first XI,

To be top four keep

Play Martinez, McGinn higher up and Grealish. The Rest on the bench

To be top 8:

Play Martinez , Konsa, Targett, Mcginn, Grealish, Watkins

The rest rest on the bench

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2021, 04:13:39 PM »
I'm honestly not bothered now if Luiz stays or goes back to Man City. He's done next to nothing in a positive sense for months, and most in most games he's getting booked for stupid fouls, as well as shit penalties against Man U.

Barkley should have been fucked off weeks ago, useless fat bastard.

Luiz is still only 23 and is fine as a second option. I do think we need to upgrade there though. Ross Barkley might be shit, but he’s not fat

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2021, 04:14:17 PM »
It's always the most irritating loss of the season. I wish Barkley had played.

😂 well played that made me laugh (otherwise I’d cry).  The silver lining is he is not on a five year, 100k/week, contract.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2021, 04:14:22 PM »
There were three clear penalties in that game. They got one because Luiz was too eager to win the ball and we got nothing and a striker sent off for our trouble. Nothing ever changes with referees (including those on VAR) and that lot.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2021, 04:15:04 PM »
Good finish Traore, but shouldn't have been allowed the chance.

Shit by Luiz.
Shit by Mings.
Good goal for them.

Handball would have been given the other way.

Better from us when Davis and Wesley came on.
Davis should have shot.

Never a yellow (and therefore red) for Watkins.

Fucked off again. We need to get better. We are getting better. We will beat this lot and when we do we'll be a team to watch.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2021, 04:15:29 PM »
We started by not having confidence in ourselves that we could handle them, gradually grew into it then undid it all with Luiz’s stupid actions. Then to just finish it off don’t get any tight decisions which might have got us back into the game.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2021, 04:15:41 PM »
Luiz fucked up, mings made his usual fuck up, but I bet the ref gets the blame on here.
Are you only on here to antagonise other Villa fans? We’re going to be hurting today anyway (as we tend to every time we play these lot). What’s the point of you coming on here with this bullshit.

I’ve enjoyed this season, it’s been a lot of fun for the most part. We’ve had some good, some bad and some very memorable times. We’ve got a very solid foundation for the next step in our progress from the shit we’ve had since around 2011.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2021, 04:17:07 PM »
Thought McGinn was far and away our best player tbh.

Given him stick at times this season but he tracked back well and hardly gave it away at all which is a problem in these type of games usually.

Good performance from him today, let down by his midfield partners I'm afraid. Barkley as usual missing against this type of opposition and Luiz being an idiot.

Offline Uknowthescore

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2021, 04:17:40 PM »
I'm honestly not bothered now if Luiz stays or goes back to Man City. He's done next to nothing in a positive sense for months, and most in most games he's getting booked for stupid fouls, as well as shit penalties against Man U.

Barkley should have been fucked off weeks ago, useless fat bastard.

Luiz is still only 23 and is fine as a second option. I do think we need to upgrade there though. Ross Barkley might be shit, but he’s not fat

In football terms 23 ain’t that young is it really, he should no better, don’t understand why he plays Barkley he’s shit and offers very little. Why not give the youth a chance especially with us being safe.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2021, 04:17:45 PM »
I hope our lot learned a bit about proffesionalism today. United used every trick in the book we were very naive.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal