collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next season's kits  (Read 213034 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Next season's kits
« Reply #1575 on: July 04, 2022, 10:14:05 AM »
Of course not everyone on a waiting list will take the opportunity - you get on the list at a point of time. You get offered a ticket at a different point in time. Life intervenes between those points and things change.

I am not sure what sort of update on ST sales Wilma expects the club to give, to be honest.

Obviously it's his cause célèbre but it just seems a bit of a silly obsession.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1576 on: July 04, 2022, 10:19:59 AM »
True.  One thing is certain we will still sell 30k and there will still be a decent sized waiting list afterwards.

Given the reduced capacity for the redev I'd expect very high renewal rates next season too and a growing waiting list.  The acid test will be after the redev when scarcity is much less of an issue and it's a lot easier to pick and choose games.  But I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with 35k ST holders after the redev, which is pretty decent.  If we can get to 40k that would be excellent.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #1577 on: July 04, 2022, 10:29:15 AM »
True.  One thing is certain we will still sell 30k and there will still be a decent sized waiting list afterwards.

Given the reduced capacity for the redev I'd expect very high renewal rates next season too and a growing waiting list.  The acid test will be after the redev when scarcity is much less of an issue and it's a lot easier to pick and choose games.  But I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with 35k ST holders after the redev, which is pretty decent.  If we can get to 40k that would be excellent.

Do we think we will offer more capacity  for away fans with the expansion ?

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #1578 on: July 04, 2022, 10:37:24 AM »
We don't have to offer more than 3k and hopefully the club will stick with that.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #1579 on: July 04, 2022, 11:13:02 AM »
And just like that we’re on the Villa Park Redevelopment thread!

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #1580 on: July 04, 2022, 11:14:18 AM »
And just like that we’re on the Villa Park Redevelopment thread!

sorry, my fault

Offline sid1964

« Reply #1581 on: July 04, 2022, 11:15:31 AM »
Is Ashley Young wearing our new kit in the photo of him signing his contract?

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1582 on: July 04, 2022, 11:18:25 AM »
Is Ashley Young wearing our new kit in the photo of him signing his contract?

Yeah, we're playing in cap sleeved t-shirts this season and every player will have a complimentary mullet in time for the big kick off.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #1583 on: July 04, 2022, 11:56:07 AM »
And we'll be running out to Wind of Change by The Scorpians.

Offline mike

« Reply #1584 on: July 04, 2022, 12:07:34 PM »
I don't buy the kits, ever (on account of me being a grown man in my 50s) (who wouldn't fit in an XXXL anyway) but I will be really, really glad when they do come out because it will mean the annual, boring "design a Villa kit" season coming crashing to an end.

Who was that bloke who never used to post on here other than to post mock ups about this time of year?

And I know it does no harm. It just annoys me.

I'm also a middle aged non shirt buyer but my reason for wanting them to come out sooner rather than later is that it will be an indication we're getting better at the marketing/screwing-the-fans-for-money side of things.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #1585 on: July 04, 2022, 01:16:15 PM »
In recent years the club have updated on season ticket sales etc. Perhaps they just feel they don't need to anymore but it has gone VERY quiet , has anybody who is on the 'waiting list' not been contacted yet? I know of two people who have been offered the opportunity to buy seats and they only joined last season?

I'm very suspicious about the waiting list and when I hear people being offered them when only joining last year my suspicion seems valid.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #1586 on: July 04, 2022, 01:20:13 PM »
In recent years the club have updated on season ticket sales etc. Perhaps they just feel they don't need to anymore but it has gone VERY quiet , has anybody who is on the 'waiting list' not been contacted yet? I know of two people who have been offered the opportunity to buy seats and they only joined last season?

I'm very suspicious about the waiting list and when I hear people being offered them when only joining last year my suspicion seems valid.
When exactly did they join Flin?  I think this will be interesting info to a number of posters here on the list.  My brother joined last year and hasn't been offered a ticket yet.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #1587 on: July 04, 2022, 01:52:05 PM »

Can I ask, why do you feel it's important? I'd say that the fact they're spending £100m to increase capacity and also putting prices up suggests they have evidence demand is there.

The size of the list doesn't really effect the average fan aside from mild curiosity or bragging rights.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #1588 on: July 04, 2022, 02:12:37 PM »

Can I ask, why do you feel it's important? I'd say that the fact they're spending £100m to increase capacity and also putting prices up suggests they have evidence demand is there.

The size of the list doesn't really effect the average fan aside from mild curiosity or bragging rights.

He thinks the waiting list scenario is being enhanced in order to facilitate the driving up of prices, e.g. people will by a season ticket at inflated prices because they feel if they dont, it might be years till they get one again….because of the waiting list.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #1589 on: July 04, 2022, 02:30:46 PM »
He thinks the waiting list scenario is being enhanced in order to facilitate the driving up of prices, e.g. people will by a season ticket at inflated prices because they feel if they dont, it might be years till they get one again….because of the waiting list.

I'm assuming he didn't renew then and we can all look forward to his laughing at us next season when he saunters up and gets one soon as look at them?  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal