collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next season's kits  (Read 213130 times)

Offline The Left Side

Re: Next season's kits
« Reply #765 on: April 14, 2022, 01:37:36 AM »
Any word from the supporter's meeting with Purslow on next season's kit manufacturer? I hope it is not Castore, their range looks quite limited.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #766 on: April 14, 2022, 10:03:42 AM »
Any word from the supporter's meeting with Purslow on next season's kit manufacturer? I hope it is not Castore, their range looks quite limited.
I think you're going to be dissapointed.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #767 on: April 14, 2022, 10:38:27 AM »
IIRC at VP

Bruce Springsteen
Duran Duran
Billy Graham
Rod Stewart supported by Belinda Carlisle
Take That with Robbie Wanker and supported by The Pet Shop Boys

This summer - Foo Fighters

You missed out the inaugural World Quizzing Championship in 2003. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Quizzing_Championship
English Subbuteo Championships (Midlands region) 1996.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #768 on: April 14, 2022, 12:16:02 PM »
LUKE kits were absolutely fantastic along with the training and casual gear. I never buy official match shirts but actually did when they produced our jersey. The fans loved it so what do the club do get rid and bring in KAPPA now rumours of Castore. It's like they do it to wind us up , we all know a Luke/Adidas kit with 80s badge would sell in record numbers but they insist on poor quality brands and that horrendous current crest.

A yellow lion on a Sky blue background? Looks blurred on Television and the lion looks like a depleated kitten.  Do the club EVER listen to the views of the supporters/customers ? Infuriating

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #769 on: April 14, 2022, 12:41:09 PM »
LUKE kits were absolutely fantastic along with the training and casual gear. I never buy official match shirts but actually did when they produced our jersey. The fans loved it so what do the club do get rid and bring in KAPPA now rumours of Castore. It's like they do it to wind us up , we all know a Luke/Adidas kit with 80s badge would sell in record numbers but they insist on poor quality brands and that horrendous current crest.

A yellow lion on a Sky blue background? Looks blurred on Television and the lion looks like a depleated kitten.  Do the club EVER listen to the views of the supporters/customers ? Infuriating

It is as always a commercial decision based on the greatest return for the club, same as with the sponsor that adorns it.

Luke was local and a great design but not at all known outside of the Midlands. I think i read somewhere that Nas's involvement at such a high level within Adidas means we will probably not have a kit of theirs whilst he is still around - not sure why but i'm sure someone like Red filth or CiteŁ would get round that.

Then we have the colours and layout - not a great deal you can do with ours as if you asked 40,000 people they would give you 20,000 versions but most would remain traditional.

The third kit has become an abomination over recent years and we have done the 1982 versions to death

Its a difficult one to please us all

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #770 on: April 14, 2022, 12:43:47 PM »
I don't understand why Sawiris having a small shareholding in Adidas would be a problem. He's not a majority shareholder, and we'd be small fry in terms of their global sales.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #771 on: April 14, 2022, 12:55:21 PM »
Im not sure either but i deffo seen it written somewhere (might even of been on here) as a potential reason why we seemingly swerve Adidas

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #772 on: April 14, 2022, 12:59:35 PM »
Adidas would certainly be my favoured kit supplier.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #773 on: April 14, 2022, 01:06:20 PM »
It (a deal with Adidas) could be seen as a potential FFP dodge.  Or whatever the new strain is now.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #774 on: April 14, 2022, 01:10:38 PM »
Interesting - to nerds like me at least - when we wore Le Coq shirts in 1982, they were a subsidiary of Adidas at the time. And Nike owned Umbro for a while.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #775 on: April 14, 2022, 01:19:45 PM »
It (a deal with Adidas) could be seen as a potential FFP dodge.  Or whatever the new strain is now.

Highly unlikely, there'd be no reason for Adidas to do that. And even if they did, and it was, the Premier League just apply the Fair Value.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #776 on: April 14, 2022, 02:07:21 PM »
I don't understand why Sawiris having a small shareholding in Adidas would be a problem. He's not a majority shareholder, and we'd be small fry in terms of their global sales.

I think I read he's the biggest shareholder in Adidas (6%) but also don't see why it would be an issue when you have Etihad and other Abu Dhabi entities sponsoring Citeh. Hopefully they're just waiting till we're in the CL before unleashing the Adidas kits.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #777 on: April 14, 2022, 02:23:32 PM »
I understand Luke is not a known as Adidas but it's certainly growing. Has shops all over the UK and is distributed across Europe and further afield now.

Regardless of who makes it the 80s badge would be a big hit and massively improve sales.
I was hoping the new owners would bring the 80s crest back and our 'prepared' Moto would also return

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #778 on: April 14, 2022, 02:25:00 PM »
Disclose it as a Related Parties transaction but with Sawiri's small shareholding, I don't think there would be any dis-allowing of the Adidas revenue in the accounts, if it was fair value as Risso says, would there?

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #779 on: April 14, 2022, 02:26:36 PM »
Regardless of who makes it the 80s badge would be a big hit and massively improve sales.
I was hoping the new owners would bring the 80s crest back and our 'prepared' Moto would also return

It's been discussed before (and I believe Dave W clarified it for us) but I don't think it's possible due to copyright issues.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal