collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:50:22 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 01:43:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:30:57 PM]

Re: Aston Villa Leisure Centre by Pete3206
[Today at 01:30:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Happy Relegation Day!  (Read 6380 times)

Online WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
Re: Happy Relegation Day!
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2021, 01:27:33 PM »
That Bacuna back-pass against Southampton at home still sits in the memory like it was yesterday. I was livid that day. I think all the crap we saw that season was epitomised in that one moment, and all my frustration came out at that moment. We were absolutely appalling that season. A far cry from now thankfully!
ah Bacuna - forgot about him. Fucking waste of space he was too often.

His backpass was very reminiscent of Hodge's when we were relegated before. All the built up frustration burst out when it happened.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2021, 01:35:42 PM »
That Bacuna back-pass against Southampton at home still sits in the memory like it was yesterday. I was livid that day. I think all the crap we saw that season was epitomised in that one moment, and all my frustration came out at that moment. We were absolutely appalling that season. A far cry from now thankfully!

His backpass was very reminiscent of Hodge's when we were relegated before. All the built up frustration burst out when it happened.
I've just watched the highlights of that game - fuck knows why.....

first was offside. If that gets disallowed we stay up :D :D

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2021, 01:38:16 PM »

And his big stupid grin as another goal went it or after he failed to track an opposition player. Scary thing is that he was nowhere near the worst of them... #stillscarred

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2021, 01:39:16 PM »
Happy Relegation Day everyone.

🎼 It's the most wonderful time... 🎼

Offline Damo70

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2021, 04:21:10 PM »

Bacuna scored a good goal in a win against Cardiff at Villa Park and it was my birthday. That is my only positive memory of him. I have never quite recovered from the grim Lambert years. Although to be honest I have never really got over the Graham Turner years either.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2021, 04:37:51 PM »
seems like longer ago.
What a shambles of a club we was, owner, managers that season, players like Agbonlahor, Guzan, Richards, Lescott etc....

The future is bright....

The mere mention of those 4 has me heading towards vomitting with rage. ******.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2021, 05:13:41 PM »
seems like longer ago.
What a shambles of a club we was, owner, managers that season, players like Agbonlahor, Guzan, Richards, Lescott etc....

The future is bright....

The mere mention of those 4 has me heading towards vomitting with rage. ******.

Always remember the TV interview with Gabby and Lescott where the former swore and Lescott just laughed. It said everything you needed to know. A core group of players just taking the piss and without an ounce of class between them.

Offline Martin Carruthers

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2021, 05:21:54 PM »
I properly hated that team. Far more than a supposedly rational, grown man should.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2021, 05:55:56 PM »
I properly hated that team. Far more than a supposedly rational, grown man should.

Ditto. I couldn't wait to see the back of the whole lot of them. I had a vague idea that relegation would act as an emetic but that was a ballache all on its own. Thank NSWE we've left all that to history.

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2021, 06:45:06 PM »

Ditto. I couldn't wait to see the back of the whole lot of them. I had a vague idea that relegation would act as an emetic but that was a ballache all on its own. Thank NSWE we've left all that to history.

Not just the team, the whole set up top to bottom just stank the place out.

Online ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2021, 07:27:01 PM »
Didn't Bacuna score the season before in our Cup run. Against Leicester possibly?

Or was it Gil? Only just remembered about him.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2021, 07:57:57 PM »
Bacuna scored against Albion in the 4-3, although he did his best too miss.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2021, 08:16:08 PM »
An awful collection of players and manager/s.  Once Di Matteo left, the 'championship' was 10 times more appealing, and that says a lot.  I think that's why I can give Steve Bruce a partial pass.  Anyway, distant memory now, thank feck.     

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2021, 08:18:48 PM »
Bacuna's best goal was in the 3-2 win v Man. City, pinged it straight into the top corner.

I thought at one stage he had the makings of a decent right back but it fizzled out. Woeful in central midfield.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2021, 08:24:08 PM »
I know it’s only the championship but I did enjoy it, that’s how bad it was from 2011-2016 seasons. 16-17 we at least started to win some games again (3-0 vs Rotherham felt like winning the European Cup). I know in 17-18 we lost the play off final but it  was our highest points tally ever in the era of three points for a win and I think 24 wins was a record too so I did enjoy it and obviously the season after we got promoted despite winning four games less and seven points fewer. Felt good though after such dross. That’s why our poor run now is so disappointing, it had been such a good year up to Boxing Day. The results haven’t been consistently terrible but the performances are just not up to the previous standard.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal