collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Richard E
[Today at 11:00:08 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Liverpool - 2 Aston Villa -1 Post Match Thread  (Read 16827 times)

Offline RamboandBruno

Re: Liverpool - 2 Aston Villa -1 Post Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2021, 05:32:48 PM »
I’ve said in the Dean Smith thread, where some are calling for his head, rather predictably, that after they equalised I expected an onslaught, but whilst not playing brilliantly I thought we were completely comfortable. To my memory they never had a shot or chance of note between the two goals. If Trezs shot is a couple of cms to the left it goes in and I think we win. If Trez was a bit more savvy we get a pen.
Apart from the first half Mings gaff, I thought the defence did well, especially Targett, who I thought was excellent. Dougie played well, McGinn ok, Trez ok, Ollie well, Traore poor.
Sickener letting in a last minute goal, but I don’t get the meltdown, we’re 4 points off a possible Europa league spot.

And KT I think your description is from another time and place mate.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2021, 05:33:29 PM »
I know it’s said in jest, but fuck me any team on a bad run must be praying that they play us next. It’s just so predictable.

Offline ez

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2021, 05:33:49 PM »
Not sure how we managed to lose that. Three points dropped for me. Liverpool were poor.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2021, 05:34:12 PM »
We've made progress this year.

But we continue to be the side you want to face if you've been on a losing run or your forward needs a dig out.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2021, 05:34:24 PM »
The most predictable result all weekend.

Offline Stu82

• GM : 29.09.2024
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2021, 05:35:30 PM »
Second half much better, but you just knew they would score.
Traore, did nothing.
Barkley, just seemed to wander about aimlessly
Davis would have given them a much tougher time.

Offline Taylor

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2021, 05:36:21 PM »
Really disappointing, but don’t think we deserved to lose. I thought Luiz had a decent game and Trez unlucky to not score. I also don’t understand the abuse that Barkley was getting on the match thread, he did well when he came on.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2021, 05:36:42 PM »

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2021, 05:36:50 PM »
We lost the second half 2 nil

Offline VillaBoy_23

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2021, 05:37:01 PM »
Liverpool looked a shadow of last season but I thought we were poor especially in the first half. The most frustrating thing is we make the same mistakes over and over and over. I’ve seen far worse Villa sides but few that enrage me as much as this one. The ball doesn’t stick up top. We give the ball away unchallenged so many times and teams can drive a bus through the centre of our midfield. We have no plan B. We are so set it our ways tactics wise. When it works it’s great but when it doesn’t we seem incapable of changing anything. I love Smith more than anyone in the world. But if I owned this football club I’m not sure I’d be willing to give him another £150m to spend because let’s face it that’s what we need to challenge at the top end.

Offline baddowvillans

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2021, 05:38:07 PM »
And if that Cash incident with Kane was a penalty then so was TAA going through Trez.  But then Villa don’t get those do they.the
[/quote]

This 100% for me and get Sky arethiz too busy wanking over Liverpool to even question it.  TAA doesn't try for the ball and doesn't get any.  But you're wrong on one count because in the Spurs game contact was initiated by the forward who wasn't playing the ball, whilst Trez was.  Should be obvious but apparently not because it doesn't fit the narrative.

For me.

Barkley.  Never again.
Ramsey.  Should be starting.  8 games this season will see him in good stead next season.
Davis.  Should have been on instead of Barkley.  It would have put pressure on their defence.
Dean.  Why, just why.  Week after week we see what needs to be done and it rare!y comes.  last week it did but I am not convince.  He deserves to start as manager next season but he needs to show he has learned because at the moment I am not convinced.
Traore.  Why is he allowed to keep giving away cheap possession without it appears any correction.
Youngsters.  Play them.  We will not get a Eurooslot and I don't want one because at the moment we don't have the squad.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 05:40:45 PM by baddowvillans »

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2021, 05:38:51 PM »
We got lucky with the VAR decision first half. It was too big an ask to hold out for 45 mins in the 2nd. Our midfield isn’t quite good enough to take us further than we are. If we were half decent today we’d have won that game. Too sloppy everywhere apart from a few players. I’m annoyed with the result but we didn’t deserve any more than we got. Hurry up Jack and get fit.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2021, 05:39:11 PM »
So frustrating. I don't even buy into the one man team nonsense.  At least not today. With better decision making from both Smith and Barkley we could have won this.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2021, 05:39:22 PM »
Really disappointing, but don’t think we deserved to lose. I thought Luiz had a decent game and Trez unlucky to not score. I also don’t understand the abuse that Barkley was getting on the match thread, he did well when he came on.

Barkley wasted a good chance on the edge of the box and lost the ball which led to Liverpool setting up an attack and we conceded their winner.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2021, 05:39:36 PM »
Second half much better, but you just knew they would score.
Traore, did nothing.
Barkley, just seemed to wander about aimlessly
Davis would have given them a much tougher time.
Yes, I thought we were much better in the 2nd half, but always had the feeling we would concede. However, whilst it was a good finish, Ramsey should have been busting a gut to block the shot, not turn his back.

A few have said Liverpool were there for the taking, but equally in the first half so were we, with some abject ball control and ridiculously bad passing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal