collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1109088 times)

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #9945 on: September 04, 2021, 12:50:26 PM »
Been away. Have I missed anything?

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #9946 on: September 04, 2021, 12:52:09 PM »
In danger of going over old ground here, but now with the benefit of hindsight and the removal of rose tinted specs, it seems fairly clear now, there was no serious offer last summer, or he’d of gone then. He signed the ‘my city my club’ contract and very smugly said in his interview on Wednesday he was confident that 100 mill would be met. We’ll never know but Man City may have been sniffing for months with his agent.
He was never going to stay. The main issue I have is the feeling of being duped and sucker punched by the PR nonsense, I’m far too old to let this happen really and I did have a nagging voice in my head last summer saying no one may have made a bid. Nevertheless, he could of signed the contract and said he was delighted and left it at that, instead all the crap of believing in the project, my city, my club, from him, feels like he just played us, or treated us a sick begger says as customers/consumers.
I think it’s perfectly reasonable to have thread pre occupied after his interview. At the same time I personally want to move on and forget about him to be honest and concentrate on our current players.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #9947 on: September 04, 2021, 01:03:51 PM »
Been away. Have I missed anything?
We've signed a DM.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #9948 on: September 04, 2021, 01:26:52 PM »
He was never going to stay. The main issue I have is the feeling of being duped and sucker punched by the PR nonsense,

Same here, the leaks from 'his camp' that he was going to sign a new contract was, looking back, just a ruse to squeeze even more money out of Man City for his contract. A perfectly reasonable bargaining position to take /or a really, really shabby way to treat the Villa fans who adored him. Take your pick depending on whether 'you understand football' or not.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #9949 on: September 04, 2021, 01:43:25 PM »
Look at what he's lost. Never be a legend at any club now, it appears that he has lost his social group, people who always had his back, and looked by most supporters as someone who sold out for a few medals. When his career is finished he may have medals to stick in a cabinet and a few more million in the bank. but he will reflect that he could have been a great club legend. He will never be one of us again.

richtheholtender

« Reply #9950 on: September 04, 2021, 01:47:54 PM »
It's does make you wonder whether city approached him last summer and basically said sign the new deal, make sure you insert a release clause, we're prepared to go to X for you and we'll conduct back for you next summer. Knowing this is in place he then wants to protect the move by essentially taking thr last 3 months of the season off. At villa's expense of course.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #9951 on: September 04, 2021, 01:59:20 PM »
Bit harsh saying he f***ed off at the first chance.

When you look at it he was probably one game away from leaving us in 2018 (Spurs looked done even with them low balling us until new ownership came in), 2019 play offs if we'd lost he'd have gone and same with West Ham on the final day but he played very well on both occasions and club got what it needed.

It's disappointing but to me Delph leaving was far more annoying given how that panned out even if he didn't define the club as much as you know who.

Still it's all done now and I agree we can't keep going on about it during the season as it won't help us on the pitch. I also still have the feeling he'll play for us again aswell. I mean Young is back and apparently Barry wanted to return here in 2013 instead of going to Everton and he didn't leave on best of terms either so given the odd way football operates it wouldn't shock me in 3-4 years.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #9952 on: September 04, 2021, 02:04:07 PM »

How? Who did he turn down?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #9953 on: September 04, 2021, 02:20:57 PM »
He would have gone to Spurs, he would certainly have gone to Yanited if they'd got the cash and he went to the Human Rights abusing, plastic souless exhibition centre, sport washing, character vacuum that is Man City at the first flash of a skirt. And it wouldnhave been an inconvenience apparently to stay. The disrespectful arrogant little ******.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #9954 on: September 04, 2021, 02:38:56 PM »
As soon as somebody made a transfer bid that wasn't laughably low, he left. He could always have turned Man City down if he was a genuine Villa fan more interested in becoming an all-time great than a part-time asset for oil and extremism.

Saying he fucked off at the first opportunity is entirely fair and accurate.

Edit: I see Ads has already made the same point. Getting sick of this agreeing all the time 😨
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 02:42:42 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Online malckennedy

« Reply #9955 on: September 04, 2021, 02:41:27 PM »
He would have gone to Spurs, he would certainly have gone to Yanited if they'd got the cash and he went to the Human Rights abusing, plastic souless exhibition centre, sport washing, character vacuum that is Man City at the first flash of a skirt. And it wouldnhave been an inconvenience apparently to stay. The disrespectful arrogant little ******.

Well put.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #9956 on: September 04, 2021, 04:32:03 PM »
Anyway it’s his own fault left for Medals and glory
all that time he’s been there he’s still won fuck all

Online kippaxvilla2

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #9959 on: September 04, 2021, 05:08:08 PM »

How? Who did he turn down?

I mean he thought he was off to Spurs didn't he in 2018, clubs just had to agree a fee and that eventually would've happened if Dr Fraud had stayed in charge for another few weeks. We took him off v Hull in that first game with 10 minutes left just to give him farewell ovation

There you go:

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/09/transfers/grealish-i-was-95-per-cent-sure-i-was-joining-spurs/

Then in summers 2019 and 2020 we'd have had no choice but to sell him to someone (probably for knock down fee) if results in final games hadn't gone for us as in 2018 but he stood up tall in those games.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal