collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Clampy
[Today at 06:17:55 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Re: Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:25:50 PM]

Re: Official Website by Chris Harte
[Today at 06:22:03 PM]

Re: FFP by Dave
[Today at 06:21:29 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1126022 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #9510 on: August 31, 2021, 12:35:23 PM »
I'm going on the piss. I expect we will have spent a hundred million or so by the time I've sobered up or there will be trouble.

richtheholtender

« Reply #9511 on: August 31, 2021, 12:37:25 PM »
The people above him would presumably love him to go public with his concerns and criticisms of the club's business.

He doesn't have to go public, that quite rightly would never happen. Does he have it I'm him privately to do it?

Like you, I don't know so it's a weird thing to speculate about as no answer will ever emerge. You mentioned his press conferences, which tend to be public.

Not really, there are lots of things we discuss on here that the truth never comes our. We can discuss what we think of deans character if we wish? You're on the defensive though so I get it.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #9512 on: August 31, 2021, 12:38:27 PM »
A good, sensible post, Smithy. Not to mention any names, of course, but I doubt it'll be popular with some of the posters on this thread, lacking as it does histrionics, over-simplification and entitled petulance.
Fucking hell, are we spitting into happy clapper and doom-monger camps again?  It's just a few fucking people chatting on an internet forum.  Someone who thinks it's a bit odd we've finished the summer in the black and seem to have holes in the squad is now guilty of histrionics and entitled petulance?  For Christ's sake, if only we could all be perfect fans.

I wouldn't ask for perfection but some marginal gains could see some of you making vital improvements. A bit of work on breathing techniques, raw eggs for breakfast, that sort of thing.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #9513 on: August 31, 2021, 12:38:57 PM »
The people above him would presumably love him to go public with his concerns and criticisms of the club's business.

He doesn't have to go public, that quite rightly would never happen. Does he have it I'm him privately to do it?

Like you, I don't know so it's a weird thing to speculate about as no answer will ever emerge. You mentioned his press conferences, which tend to be public.

Not really, there are lots of things we discuss on here that the truth never comes our. We can discuss what we think of deans character if we wish? You're on the defensive though so I get it.

Hahahahaha

Online RichardBatchelor

« Reply #9514 on: August 31, 2021, 12:42:12 PM »

It's alright suggesting we've replaced Grealish with 3 players, but unfortunately you cant play 13 vs 11.

This.

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #9515 on: August 31, 2021, 12:49:12 PM »

It's alright suggesting we've replaced Grealish with 3 players, but unfortunately you cant play 13 vs 11.

This.

I don't see why not - add in the ref and his assistants and Manure have got away with playing 14 against us for the last 30 years.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #9516 on: August 31, 2021, 12:54:26 PM »
Ads made a very good point earlier in the month of how bringing in a quality defensive midfielder could/would improve the performances of Luiz and SJM by 30%. By not bringing in a DM we continue the policy of square peg round hole. If Aristotle was a Villa fan, I'm sure he'd agree that the whole is poorer than the sum of its parts..again.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #9517 on: August 31, 2021, 12:54:45 PM »
A good, sensible post, Smithy. Not to mention any names, of course, but I doubt it'll be popular with some of the posters on this thread, lacking as it does histrionics, over-simplification and entitled petulance.
Fucking hell, are we spitting into happy clapper and doom-monger camps again?  It's just a few fucking people chatting on an internet forum.  Someone who thinks it's a bit odd we've finished the summer in the black and seem to have holes in the squad is now guilty of histrionics and entitled petulance?  For Christ's sake, if only we could all be perfect fans.

Does my head in Chris. You are not allowed a negative opinion without name calling and all sorts of classifications. Bed wetter, melt down etc. With you all the way. All are entitled to their view without it.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #9518 on: August 31, 2021, 12:56:46 PM »
Ramboandbruno You are correct about certain posters coming out as anti Smith at any given opportunity
And that is the knub of the matter it’s at the right at the heart of everything We discuss
I am probably one of those posters but I don’t see myself as anti Smith i am just not as convinced as others

My own position is very simple and I’ve said many times on here Jack Grealish is why we are where we are without him Smith wouldn’t even be in a job imo
I know there’s no such thing as a one-man team as every team has 11 players but we were close as you could get to it

Now the question is can Smith take us into the top half, top eight, top six without Grealish
We talk about the project we talk about The quest for European spots
But the evidence so far with a Smith team without Grealish is not good

Hand on heart I don’t think he’s good enough to take us into the top six
I don’t think that’s anti Smith I think that’s just me being honest About how far he can take us
Like certain players Hourahine, Hutton, Albert You need them to get you so far but then they aren’t good enough to get you further and it’s the same with managers

Now I’m not looking for Smith to fail I want him to succeed believe me more than anything
I’ve been a wrong loads of times before and I wouldn’t mind being wrong this time either
Yes I know he’s done everything he’s been asked of so far but like I say he’s had one of the best players in the world helping him out
We are spending hundreds of millions So the demands are high

Anyone else thinking the same as I do raises the question of
When do you say goodbye
Who do you bring in

Honestly I don’t know but we’re not there yet I’m not calling for him to go I’m just saying I’m not convinced he can take us ultimately to where we want to be
I know posters will take this as a personal affront and it’s not it’s just me Voicing what I’m thinking about where I think we are at that moment

Online RichardBatchelor

« Reply #9519 on: August 31, 2021, 12:57:26 PM »

This.

I don't see why not - add in the ref and his assistants and Manure have got away with playing 14 against us for the last 30 years.

Don't exaggerate- only 13 vs 11 surely. They had 12 at Wolves on Sunday.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #9520 on: August 31, 2021, 12:58:38 PM »
Ramboandbruno You are correct about certain posters coming out as anti Smith at any given opportunity
And that is the knub of the matter it’s at the right at the heart of everything We discuss
I am probably one of those posters but I don’t see myself as anti Smith i am just not as convinced as others

My own position is very simple and I’ve said many times on here Jack Grealish is why we are where we are without him Smith wouldn’t even be in a job imo
I know there’s no such thing as a one-man team as every team has 11 players but we were close as you could get to it

Now the question is can Smith take us into the top half, top eight, top six without Grealish

I don’t think that’s anti Smith I think that’s just me being honest About how far he can take us
Like certain players Hourahine, Hutton, Albert You need them to get you so far but then they aren’t good enough to get you further and it’s the same with managers

Now I’m not looking for Smith to fail I want him to succeed believe me more than anything
I’ve been a wrong loads of times before and I wouldn’t mind being wrong this time either
Yes I know he’s done everything he’s been asked of so far but like I say he’s had one of the best players in the world helping him out

When do you say goodbye
Who do you bring in

Honestly I don’t know but we’re not there yet I’m not calling for him to go I’m just saying I’m not convinced he can take us ultimately to where we want to be
I know posters will take this as a personal affront and it’s not it’s just me Voicing what I’m thinking about where I think we are at that moment

I agree 100%. With a heavy heart, but I think without Jack he's going to be exposed.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #9521 on: August 31, 2021, 01:04:13 PM »
I'm still hopeful Smith can take us into the top 6.  Not this season with this squad though.  Apologies for the histrionics, petulance and wet bed.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #9522 on: August 31, 2021, 01:05:32 PM »
So far we've had about half an hour of Jacks direct replacement being in our team and he got an assist and looked very dangerous. Maybe it'd be fairer to see how things go over the next couple of months than to judge Smith now based on when Grealish hasn't been available in the past.

That's not to say you're wrong to think Smith might fall short but just pointing out that some of the comments verge on people having already decided that Smith is going to fail this season.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #9523 on: August 31, 2021, 01:05:51 PM »

When do you say goodbye
Who do you bring in

I agree 100%. With a heavy heart, but I think without Jack he's going to be exposed.

Time will tell. I'm looking forward to seeing what attacking formations he comes up with as season goes on and how he rotates everyone as that's what the top managers do with ease, can Dean do it or will it be a chase of just starting them all game after game and crossing fingers even if it exposes us in other areas?

Perhaps Buendia openly defying his wishes makes that easier for September games at least, can see him being on the bench a bit when he returns so that can make things more balanced in final third.

What I really don't hope has happened is DS going cold on a DM as he has no real idea what to do upfront now and obviously getting in a DM makes it even less likely we can fit all four in from the start.

I do think there's a bit of Grealish syndrome around DS for some. People so wedded to the idea that those two were going to lift a major trophy for us in coming years it's a struggle to come to terms it won't happen now so idea anyone else could do it is difficult to grasp. For many he's the perfect Villa manager but that dosen't mean we should just give him a free pass all the time. If someone better is available and wants the job then I suspect the owners will be thinking long and hard in 12 months time if this season just drifts around mid table as looks likely.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 01:07:46 PM by SoccerHQ »

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #9524 on: August 31, 2021, 01:06:17 PM »
Make a change, after Smith has gone mid-table Championship, to promotion, to survival, to mid table Premier League in consecutive seasons?  Sweet baby Jesus.

Without at all calling for him to be replaced, it is obvious that doing that and breaking into the top tier of the division require different skills - I mean, my God, how many times has Steve Bruce won promotion or finished midtable in the PL? I struggle to see how everyone can accept that players can be good up to a certain point, but not acknowledge that managers can be the same.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal