collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by ASHTONVILLA
[Today at 09:50:00 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 09:48:01 PM]

Champions League Contention by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:45:01 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Steve67
[Today at 09:35:45 PM]

Joe Gauci - Signed by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:32:09 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Tayls_7
[Today at 09:11:10 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:02:45 PM]

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 08:51:40 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1126264 times)

richtheholtender

Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #9315 on: August 30, 2021, 02:43:41 PM »
If we don’t bring anybody else in it’s been an uninspiring / borderline shit transfer window:

1. Lose a world class player and our captain
2. Net spend at a minus to get one solid premier league performer, an elderly but still versatile player and a couple of unproven / potentially good players in
3.  Failure to address an obvious flaw in our first team

At very best it’s consolidation, which is not what we’re being sold. 

100%

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #9316 on: August 30, 2021, 02:45:10 PM »
If we don’t bring anybody else in it’s been an uninspiring / borderline shit transfer window:

2. Net spend at a minus to get one solid premier league performer, an elderly but still versatile player and a couple of unproven / potentially good players in

you are right, if this is it we are in consolidation mode.
Mid table mediocrity.

Agree with you both. Mid table mediocrity might be a bit of a stretch as things stand though.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #9317 on: August 30, 2021, 02:50:22 PM »
He's lined up for Everton i think.

Seems so, but he'd be a very useful pick up for us.

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #9318 on: August 30, 2021, 03:44:16 PM »

100%

Bailey was playing at a high level in the bundesliga for last couple of years, hardly completely unproven. The stats say Ings is in the top 3 or 4 premier league strikers over last couple of years and buendia looks good to me so far and has improved with each game. Do we need more to challenge for Europe, maybe the well discussed DM, but I think it’s a bit early for the doom and gloom.

Online john2710

« Reply #9319 on: August 30, 2021, 03:53:58 PM »
Transfer deadline day is like shopping for a Xmas present for the Mrs late on Xmas Eve. You’ll find something, it’ll be shite, overpriced & nothing that she wants. We’re no longer in the business of just bringing in bodies to fill in the gaps.

I think we’re still limited by the 3 year FFP, which includes our final season in the Championship. I seem to remember being told we wouldn’t be in a position to really compete until we’re out of that.

I would bring in Sander Berge on loan with an option to buy. But like everyone else on here I know feck all.

Sanson, when we eventually get to see him, is Hourihane’s replacement & a significant upgrade.

Offline Joshua Fineman

« Reply #9320 on: August 30, 2021, 03:57:15 PM »
We’re not signing anyone, are we…

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #9321 on: August 30, 2021, 03:59:32 PM »

you are right, if this is it we are in consolidation mode.
Mid table mediocrity.

Agree with you both. Mid table mediocrity might be a bit of a stretch as things stand though.
yes, it’s about which mini league we are in
1 CL - closed shop
2 those chasing Europa
3 avoiding Relegation

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #9322 on: August 30, 2021, 04:02:10 PM »

100%

Bailey was playing at a high level in the bundesliga for last couple of years, hardly completely unproven. The stats say Ings is in the top 3 or 4 premier league strikers over last couple of years and buendia looks good to me so far and has improved with each game. Do we need more to challenge for Europe, maybe the well discussed DM, but I think it’s a bit early for the doom and gloom.

Consolidation then?

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #9323 on: August 30, 2021, 04:10:10 PM »
I wonder if Dean Smith has an agreement with the owners and the CEO that we push the kids forward this season.  We are good enough to stay up with the squad we have, even if that means we fall slightly backwards and end up 17th, it will do the kids good for the experience and will make them stronger for it?  I hope I am talking complete bollocks and the owners want us to finish higher, even with the kids involved!  If Conor and Freddie are going, we have a severely depleted squad for the Chelsea game. Unless the government take Argentina off the red list all of a sudden.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #9324 on: August 30, 2021, 04:11:41 PM »
If we finish 17th lots of people are getting fired.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 04:16:44 PM by Monty »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #9325 on: August 30, 2021, 04:13:49 PM »
I wonder if Dean Smith has an agreement with the owners and the CEO that we push the kids forward this season.  We are good enough to stay up with the squad we have, even if that means we fall slightly backwards and end up 17th, it will do the kids good for the experience and will make them stronger for it?  I hope I am talking complete bollocks and the owners want us to finish higher, even with the kids involved!  If Conor and Freddie are going, we have a severely depleted squad for the Chelsea game. Unless the government take Argentina off the red list all of a sudden.

With all due respect, that does sound like total bollocks!

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #9326 on: August 30, 2021, 04:18:00 PM »
Indeed.

Offline KRS

« Reply #9327 on: August 30, 2021, 04:20:33 PM »
I don’t know how much game time he’ll get at Man Utd this season, and I know he’s getting on a bit now (just turned 33), but would Matic do a job for a season on loan? Apparently he has 2 years left on his contract.

Edit: only started one game so far against Southampton and came on as late sub vs Leeds, so his expect his appearances to be fairly limited at Man Utd.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 04:25:53 PM by KRS »

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #9328 on: August 30, 2021, 04:25:06 PM »

With all due respect, that does sound like total bollocks!

I did say, I hope it is.  I am sure you are correct but I wonder how in the hell Dean is happy with his squad? 

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #9329 on: August 30, 2021, 04:46:17 PM »
There's nothing to say he's really happy. He's a company man, he'll keep in-house things in-house, but as a Villa man, he will play whatever hand he's ultimately dealt. No manager is ever happy with their squad, surely?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal