collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:05:56 AM]

Kits 23/24 by villadelph
[April 29, 2024, 11:58:58 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Tokyo Sexwhale
[April 29, 2024, 11:45:41 PM]

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[April 29, 2024, 11:45:39 PM]

Snooker by Brazilian Villain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:28 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by DrGonzo
[April 29, 2024, 10:59:54 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Brazilian Villain
[April 29, 2024, 10:53:45 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by DrGonzo
[April 29, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1126329 times)

Offline Clark W Griswold

Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #8640 on: August 23, 2021, 01:13:44 PM »
It would be nice to get this really good holding midfielder in and for him to be a great captain, a real natural leader. I’m not sure we really have that currently.
I’d also like us to get a real nasty fucker of a midfielder that everyone in the opposition gives a wide berth to. Doesn’t have to be a great footballer but someone we can throw on during a game to kick people when the ref isn’t watching, that sort of thing. A Vinny Jones type springs to mind.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #8641 on: August 23, 2021, 01:15:57 PM »
A Vinny Jones type springs to mind.

Absolutely not this.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #8642 on: August 23, 2021, 01:19:31 PM »
oh i'd deffo like a "everyone hates him but us" type midfielder

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #8643 on: August 23, 2021, 01:21:18 PM »
It would be nice to get this really good holding midfielder in and for him to be a great captain, a real natural leader. I’m not sure we really have that currently.
I’d also like us to get a real nasty fucker of a midfielder that everyone in the opposition gives a wide berth to. Doesn’t have to be a great footballer but someone we can throw on during a game to kick people when the ref isn’t watching, that sort of thing. A Vinny Jones type springs to mind.

Not sure that going back to a 1988 model is that good an idea. firstly, DMs have to actually be able to play football these days, and secondly, even if the ref isn't watching for sneaky kicks, VAR certainly is.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #8644 on: August 23, 2021, 01:23:58 PM »

Not sure that going back to a 1988 model is that good an idea. firstly, DMs have to actually be able to play football these days, and secondly, even if the ref isn't watching for sneaky kicks, VAR certainly is.

Yeh I don't think you can grab another players bollocks and get away with it anymore.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #8645 on: August 23, 2021, 02:10:19 PM »
SB was saying we were verging on a one man team last season.  You then used Arsenal with Henry, Toure, Viera etc as an example of...not a one man team?  I didn't understand what you were trying to say.  If we had Grealish and 3 other world class players we'd not have been a one man team!

Anyway, Harroui is still at Sparta and an Italian rag is saying we were trying to get a deal done before last weekand...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 02:12:36 PM by DrGonzo »

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #8646 on: August 23, 2021, 02:39:15 PM »
SB was saying we were verging on a one man team last season.  You then used Arsenal with Henry, Toure, Viera etc as an example of...not a one man team?  I didn't understand what you were trying to say.  If we had Grealish and 3 other world class players we'd not have been a one man team!

Anyway, Harroui is still at Sparta and an Italian rag is saying we were trying to get a deal done before last weekand...
missed in translation, I was trying to make the point that having a world class player isn't a problem if you have a few others.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #8647 on: August 23, 2021, 02:44:21 PM »

I was talking about a good footballer DM plus a player like this but was only half serious about that part :-)
I did think afterwards that VAR would probably pick anything up as you say, but i certainly want the DM i mentioned with good leadership skills and it might not be a bad idea to have a bit of a bastard to make us less nice when required, doesn't do Burnley any harm. They've got half a team of hatchet men.

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #8648 on: August 23, 2021, 03:07:39 PM »
Burnley are sh*t

Offline Damo70

« Reply #8649 on: August 23, 2021, 05:08:11 PM »
Burnley are sh*t

Given their resources they have really over achieved under Sean Dyche but you can't help suspecting a relegation season is never far from a possibility.

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #8650 on: August 23, 2021, 05:34:38 PM »
You’re right. Just my immediate reaction to the suggestion we should be looking at the Burnley way of doing things.

Leicester and Spurs before they went cack again should be our blueprint.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #8651 on: August 23, 2021, 06:31:20 PM »
{alt}
Burnley are sh*t

Given their resources they have really over achieved under Sean Dyche but you can't help suspecting a relegation season is never far from a possibility.
Heard a surprising stat today. Burnley have set the record for the longest run without one of their players being sent off. 97 games. Considering they have Ben fucking Mee in their team, amongst others, that's an astounding stat.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 06:34:51 PM by The Edge »

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #8652 on: August 23, 2021, 06:35:02 PM »
{alt}
Burnley are sh*t

Heard a surprising stat today. Burnley have set the record for the longest run without one of their players beingsent off. 97 games. Considering they have Ben fucking Mee in their team, amongst others, that's an astounding stat.

Shows that their foul rotation is meticulously planned and executed, and also that if you're consistently aggressive you can lower the bar of what's acceptable.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #8653 on: August 23, 2021, 06:58:41 PM »
You’re right. Just my immediate reaction to the suggestion we should be looking at the Burnley way of doing things.

What the fuck are you babbling on about? One player in the squad with a nasty side is all I said, not do everything like Burnley. One Burnley type player, as it can be effective. Most of the best teams down the years have a bit of it in the team.
I’m amazed I’ve got to come back and explain it to you to be honest, fuck me.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #8654 on: August 23, 2021, 07:05:09 PM »
My optimism for a centre-mid addition is diminishing. Come on Villa get Bissouma in.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal