collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Tim Iroegbunam by brontebilly
[Today at 06:46:52 PM]

Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 06:45:56 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by brontebilly
[Today at 06:46:52 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 06:45:56 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:43:32 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1126117 times)

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #8565 on: August 21, 2021, 06:27:17 PM »
Never heard of him but at that price, it could be a no-brainer compared to the £30-£40m you would pay for an established player in that role.

Think we do need to start bringing in £30m - £40m players in positions we need if we are going to progress.  Obviously if you can get that kind of quality for a fraction of that price then that would be ideal, but that kind of money in the past has got us the likes of Carlos Sanchez and Karim El Ahmadi.  I think that if we could get a quality defensive midfielder in, the squad will be OK for this season. 

That sort of money has also seen us sign John McGinn and saw Norwich sign Buendia. Getting players that can make an impact for low fees is the main point of having a big scouting network, either by getting them in early (Bogarde for example) or getting them cheap just before they become recognised as top class.

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #8566 on: August 21, 2021, 06:30:25 PM »
Dials a Brighton number

Villa: I’d like one Bissouma to go please
Brighton: Get knotted
Villa: We’ll pay you £50m
Brighton: Do you want relish on your Bissouma?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #8567 on: August 21, 2021, 06:31:11 PM »
Hopefully he's better than El Ahamadi who seemed to boss the Dutch league before and after playing for us.

Online KRS

« Reply #8568 on: August 21, 2021, 06:32:00 PM »
What level do Sparta Rotterdam play at? I’ve never heard of them let alone Abdou Harroui.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #8569 on: August 21, 2021, 06:33:10 PM »
That'll be the scouting department then, you know the bunch of useless twunts who don't do anything for their pay cheques?

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #8570 on: August 21, 2021, 06:36:15 PM »
Never heard of him but at that price, it could be a no-brainer compared to the £30-£40m you would pay for an established player in that role.

Think we do need to start bringing in £30m - £40m players in positions we need if we are going to progress.  Obviously if you can get that kind of quality for a fraction of that price then that would be ideal, but that kind of money in the past has got us the likes of Carlos Sanchez and Karim El Ahmadi.  I think that if we could get a quality defensive midfielder in, the squad will be OK for this season. 

That sort of money has also seen us sign John McGinn and saw Norwich sign Buendia. Getting players that can make an impact for low fees is the main point of having a big scouting network, either by getting them in early (Bogarde for example) or getting them cheap just before they become recognised as top class.

Yep, as I say I couldn’t give a toss how much they cost, if they’re what we need and have been well researched it’s worth a go. His price is low because he’s near the end of his contract I believe?

I have just watched his YouTube vids and not seen him put one tackle in on any of them :-)
He looks a bit like McGinn if anything, which is no mean feat and he looks decent enough but possibly not a DM again. Maybe we’ve got a couple coming in with Hourahane finding a new home and one of the youngsters being loaned. Or maybe not !

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #8571 on: August 21, 2021, 06:42:20 PM »
Dials a Brighton number

Villa: I’d like one Bissouma to go please
Brighton: Get knotted
Villa: We’ll pay you £50m
Brighton: Do you want relish on your Bissouma?

He's playing really well tonight isn't he?  I'd love to see him in a Villa shirt.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #8572 on: August 21, 2021, 06:46:26 PM »
Apparently he signed for Brighton for an undisclosed fee, I can’t imagine it being £30-£40m.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #8573 on: August 21, 2021, 07:14:19 PM »
Surely after bringing Axel on as a DM today, everybody at the club is aware of the need for a proper DM?

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #8574 on: August 21, 2021, 07:23:10 PM »

Agree Paul, but just feel we need an 'off the shelf' option for the defensive midfielder spot. 

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #8575 on: August 21, 2021, 07:47:55 PM »
On the point of lashing out and buying whatever is available, we could have had Wilson instead of Ings if we had gone a season early...

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #8576 on: August 21, 2021, 07:50:54 PM »
"We're stockpiling midfielders"

*Brings on a central defender in place of them*

I hope that was a not-so-subtle nudge to the recruitment team.

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #8577 on: August 21, 2021, 08:12:20 PM »
"We're stockpiling midfielders"

*Brings on a central defender in place of them*

I hope that was a not-so-subtle nudge to the recruitment team.
I can see us selling Nakamba ,replacing him  with Harroui and a tidy profit .Then we'll buy big.
Coupled with a home win ,Ramsey's performance,youngsters on the bench and the u18s 10-0  v a normally good Narrich,it's looking very promising.

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #8578 on: August 21, 2021, 09:01:55 PM »
Maybe the defensive mids who we’ve identified as a good fit just aren’t available to us right now. And the ones who are, just aren’t right for what we need.

I guess if this is the case we’re hopefully beyond the panic purchase years and will change the systems and buy when the right players are available. It’s frustrating but it could be better than just buying for the sake of it.

This might be a post- win euphoria thought.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #8579 on: August 21, 2021, 09:43:43 PM »
Maybe the defensive mids who we’ve identified as a good fit just aren’t available to us right now. And the ones who are, just aren’t right for what we need.

I guess if this is the case we’re hopefully beyond the panic purchase years and will change the systems and buy when the right players are available. It’s frustrating but it could be better than just buying for the sake of it.

This might be a post- win euphoria thought.

That's a fair point, If you're not sure on players that are in the £30-40m range then it's not worth the risk to bring them in.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal