collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Clampy
[Today at 06:17:55 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Re: Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:25:50 PM]

Re: Official Website by Chris Harte
[Today at 06:22:03 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1126038 times)

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #7335 on: August 09, 2021, 09:33:13 PM »
£45m for a player who can't even get in the England squad? Can't we look abroad for someone cheaper and potentially better?

Also Percy, who is Joe? Jack?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #7336 on: August 09, 2021, 09:39:02 PM »
I reckon we'll see a lot of fluidity across the forward positions with them interchanging constantly

Oxlade-Chamberlain might be available on loan, he'd give us something a bit different to the other midfielders we have

Online danno

« Reply #7337 on: August 09, 2021, 09:44:15 PM »
I reckon they've said if we guess the right number we can have him, but they won't tell if we're higher or lower. And we get one chance per day. By fax.

I reckon it's an automated phone line and Deano's having trouble with his touch screen

"Welcome to the Southampton transfer centre"
"If you are Liverpool please press 1"
"If you are the bank manager please press 2"
"If you are a scout please press 3"
" For all Ward-Prowse enquiries please press 4"

'4'

"Im sorry all lines are busy right now"

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #7338 on: August 09, 2021, 09:50:54 PM »
£45m for a player who can't even get in the England squad? Can't we look abroad for someone cheaper and potentially better?

Yes, that’s it. I’ll never forget him.

Online danno

« Reply #7339 on: August 09, 2021, 09:53:10 PM »
I reckon we'll see a lot of fluidity across the forward positions with them interchanging constantly

Oxlade-Chamberlain might be available on loan, he'd give us something a bit different to the other midfielders we have

I was under the impression he was heading back to Southampton.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #7340 on: August 09, 2021, 09:55:40 PM »

Perfect, right where we do our shopping.

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #7341 on: August 09, 2021, 09:58:47 PM »

I heard the same.

FWIW, I witnessed the person who told me this drink a beer through his shirt once..

Offline Villan82

« Reply #7342 on: August 09, 2021, 10:15:48 PM »
Look at Buendia's defensive stats. Not only will he be great going forward and creating chances but he will also work hard when he doesn't have the ball.

I think that was definitely one of the things the club wanted to improve in that 10 position because Barkley did next to f*ck all tracking back/ball winning. Made us much easier to counter attack. In fact, Barkley did next to f*ck all full stop.

I don't think I saw him break into a sprint once.

Replace sprint with trot for accuracy.

Just a thought, at least with Jack gone the owners don’t have to listen to his advice on signings as this one didn’t quite work out did it.

I always thought that Barkley was a signing meant solely to appease Grealish being as how they are supposedly good mates.  I have no reason other than my gut feeling on this but if there was any truth in it I found it disconcerting.  I have faith in the owners that this wasn't the case but I couldn't help but think it.

I think the departed player had far too much of a say at villa.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #7343 on: August 09, 2021, 10:21:32 PM »

Jack couldn't get in the England squad not so long ago, and still isn't first choice. JWP was very unfortunate not to get in the final Euros squad, and was superb in the last friendly.

I'd go to £40m for him, would go a long way to getting us into the European spots. I'd go quite high for Cantwell too, although would balk at the £40m that has been mooted Norwich are holding out for. We can get him far cheaper in Jan if his contract is running down though.

JWP, and spmeone like Pape Sarr or Doucoure (who both seem to be the kind of player we need) and can see us challenging for top 6.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7344 on: August 09, 2021, 10:28:46 PM »

Jack couldn't get in the England squad not so long ago, and still isn't first choice. JWP was very unfortunate not to get in the final Euros squad, and was superb in the last friendly.

I'd go to £40m for him, would go a long way to getting us into the European spots. I'd go quite high for Cantwell too, although would balk at the £40m that has been mooted Norwich are holding out for. We can get him far cheaper in Jan if his contract is running down though.

JWP, and spmeone like Pape Sarr or Doucoure (who both seem to be the kind of player we need) and can see us challenging for top 6.

Without any disrespect to you intended, Ashton, what difference does it make to you whether it's £40m or £45m?! It's someone else's money!

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7345 on: August 09, 2021, 10:35:48 PM »
Thanks SE for voicing my long held opinion. It's not my money. Spend, spend, spend, you crazy football club owning diamonds!

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #7346 on: August 09, 2021, 10:39:10 PM »
Who would be a good fit from PSG? They are organising a fire sale to cover Messi's wages.

In terms of JWP and Cantwell - the former adds energy, a good football brain and great set pieces, so a good option if we don't have to pay too much (of someone else's money).

As for Cantwell, I think he is a punt in terms of making a consistent contribution for a top half/top 6 PL side and given we now have lots of options and permutations in attacking areas, I don't see the merit in taking that punt.

Put another way, if everyone is fit, then for me Watkins, Buendia, Bailey, Traore, and Ings are all ahead of him with the prospect of JPB making an impact this season. AEG and Ashley Young are also back-up options and cover for injured attacking wide players. UTV.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #7347 on: August 09, 2021, 10:41:16 PM »
Who would be a good fit from PSG? They are organising a fire sale to cover Messi's wages.

In terms of JWP and Cantwell - the former adds energy, a good football brain and great set pieces, so a good option if we don't have to pay too much (of someone else's money).

As for Cantwell, I think he is a punt in terms of making a consistent contribution for a top half/top 6 PL side and given we now have lots of options and permutations in attacking areas, I don't see the merit in taking that punt.

Put another way, if everyone is fit, then for me Watkins, Buendia, Bailey, Traore, and Ings are all ahead of him with the prospect of JPB making an impact this season. AEG and Ashley Young are also back-up options and cover for injured attacking wide players. UTV.

Marco Veratti, thank you please.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #7348 on: August 09, 2021, 10:46:05 PM »
Oxlade-Chamberlain is supposedly going on loan to Southampton. Maybe to fill the JWP shaped hole in their team? JWP's 'knock' does seem like one of those convenient ones that tend to happen at this time of a year when a player is about to show up on someone else's door.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #7349 on: August 09, 2021, 10:49:26 PM »

Without any disrespect to you intended, Ashton, what difference does it make to you whether it's £40m or £45m?! It's someone else's money!

Fair point. I don't like paying too much though, my money or not. I guess I would prefer Villa to be successful but not by aping Man City and the other superleague wankers, splashing money around like a Bullingdon club member burning 50s in front of homeless people.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal