collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Clampy
[Today at 06:17:55 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Re: Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:25:50 PM]

Re: Official Website by Chris Harte
[Today at 06:22:03 PM]

Re: FFP by Dave
[Today at 06:21:29 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Clampy
[Today at 06:21:29 PM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1125971 times)

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #7230 on: August 09, 2021, 09:39:29 AM »
I like the signings, but if you'd asked at the start of the window whether Grealish out, Bailey, Ings, Buendia and Young in would have been enough, I'd have said no.

Forgot about Tuanzebe. Still no, though.

We need something more in the middle.
you're spot on. Despite how highly we rate Mcaginn and Luiz we are often powder puff in the middle of the park.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #7231 on: August 09, 2021, 09:44:54 AM »
I like the signings, but if you'd asked at the start of the window whether Grealish out, Bailey, Ings, Buendia and Young in would have been enough, I'd have said no.

you're spot on. Despite how highly we rate Mcaginn and Luiz we are often powder puff in the middle of the park.

The sitting in front of the defence in Dean's 4-2-3-1 formation doesn't really suit either of their games, and has the biggest negative impact on McGinn. Signing somebody like JWP makes perfect sense, but will probably relegate SJM to the subs bench.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #7232 on: August 09, 2021, 09:48:29 AM »
We definitely need someone in the middle.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #7233 on: August 09, 2021, 09:49:57 AM »

The sitting in front of the defence in Dean's 4-2-3-1 formation doesn't really suit either of their games, and has the biggest negative impact on McGinn. Signing somebody like JWP makes perfect sense, but will probably relegate SJM to the subs bench.
Southamptons enforcer is Romeu, so I am not sure that JWP solves the problem.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #7234 on: August 09, 2021, 09:56:54 AM »
Martinez*
Steer
Cash
Targett
Konsa
Tuenzebe
Mings
Hause
Young
McGinn*
Buendia*
Bailey*
Watkins
Ings
Luiz*
Nakamba*
El Ghazi*
Sanson*
Traore*
Wesley*
Davis
Trez*

*foreign players
Possibly Not given squad numbers/sold/loaned

Guilbert
Hourihane

I make that room for 3 players. (Not sure if players like Bogarde are classed as youth or foreign)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 09:59:44 AM by sickbeggar »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #7235 on: August 09, 2021, 09:58:04 AM »
McGinn is technically "foreign", in that he isn't eligible for home grown status.

Bogarde would be a youth player, their nationality doesn't matter as they effectively don't count against a squad of 25.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #7236 on: August 09, 2021, 09:58:54 AM »
ah right

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #7237 on: August 09, 2021, 10:02:38 AM »
Whatever way you look at it, its going to be a bit iffy to start with in midfield due to ratboy's late departure and circumstances. Buendia, Trez and Sanson not playing. Luiz? Bailey work permit. oh well
Jacks late departure is a bit of a red herring.  From the stories out now it seems we knew for quite some time he would be going.  The timing of his departure was dictated as much by us as by City / Jack.

Agree, There's nothing better to stop £100 million burning a hole in your pocket than to announce you have £100 million burning a hole in your pocket.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #7238 on: August 09, 2021, 10:19:00 AM »
Being linked with hermaso cb from athletico madrid for 30m. Dont know too much about him but cant see it if we have signed tuanzebe on loan

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #7239 on: August 09, 2021, 10:20:08 AM »

When I saw Saints on TV last year Romeu and JWP worked as a pair.In an England pre Euros game JWP played the same dual pivot role.He is so effective at interceptions that he gets ignored in favour of the more obvious physical DCMs.and his passing is quick and precise.Very similar to Jorginho but he has that extra talent at set pieces.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #7240 on: August 09, 2021, 10:21:54 AM »

When I saw Saints on TV last year Romeu and JWP worked as a pair.In an England pre Euros game JWP played the same dual pivot role.He is so effective at interceptions that he gets ignored in favour of the more obvious physical DCMs.and his passing is quick and precise.Very similar to Jorginho but he has that extra talent at set pieces.
i like him and he would improve us.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #7241 on: August 09, 2021, 10:23:45 AM »
Just can't see Southampton allowing us to asset strip them further. My feeling is we bid for JWP, got rebuffed and then thought" what about Ings?"

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #7242 on: August 09, 2021, 10:25:51 AM »
I think we were interested in both, but that Southampton only needed to sell one to make ends meet and so, sensibly, sold the one whose contract had nearly expired.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #7243 on: August 09, 2021, 10:31:16 AM »
JWP isnt coming. If they sell him they will be in massive trouble.

Im sure we have other options

Online john2710

« Reply #7244 on: August 09, 2021, 10:35:11 AM »
One of the things Leicester have done well over the past few seasons is to bring players into the squad now, with the intention of them being squad players for the first season. They then become first team players in the second season. It gives the players time to settle, particularly if they are from overseas. If they show that they are ready for the first team early, then you can play them but your not forced to play them.  For example, Luis could have done with 6-12 months to develop before being thrown into the first team.

It also means that you can begin to protect yourself if the bigger teams come in for your star players by having ready made replacements.

The same goes for the U23 players, get them out on loan, bring them back into the squad & then develop them into first team players.

It won't work in every case, but I'm sure this is what we are building towards over the next 1-2 seasons.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal