collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:50:44 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by brontebilly
[Today at 06:46:52 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:50:44 PM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by brontebilly
[Today at 06:46:52 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 06:45:56 PM]

[Today at 06:43:32 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1126121 times)

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #6315 on: August 04, 2021, 02:58:43 PM »
It sounds like Smith sees Bailey as the backup striker and the rumour is 2-3 more coming in. If that means a playmaker, a defensive midfielder and possibly cover at centre back them I'd take it. However I'd want the first 2 to be absolute top quality at least on a par with Bailey. For example the DM should be in the camavinga/locatelli/gravenberch range because that's the only way you get fans properly excited again.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #6316 on: August 04, 2021, 03:00:30 PM »
Backup striker and first choice winger? Well, we need a playmaker and a proper midfielder in then to fill out those gaps. Is Bailey really going to lead the line though? And if so, why the renewed interest in Abraham?

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #6317 on: August 04, 2021, 03:01:00 PM »
Talk Norwich want £40m for him. Looks like the JG tax is kicking in.
And he would come with an "English" premium compared to Buendia.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #6318 on: August 04, 2021, 03:01:14 PM »
I wonder why the lack of interest in Pereira?

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #6319 on: August 04, 2021, 03:01:28 PM »
It sounds like Smith sees Bailey as the backup striker and the rumour is 2-3 more coming in. If that means a playmaker, a defensive midfielder and possibly cover at centre back them I'd take it. However I'd want the first 2 to be absolute top quality at least on a par with Bailey. For example the DM should be in the camavinga/locatelli/gravenberch range because that's the only way you get fans properly excited again.

It'd be an easier pill to swallow if that came through. I don't see us buying that level of quality unfortunately.

Online paul_e

« Reply #6320 on: August 04, 2021, 03:03:43 PM »
Backup striker and first choice winger? Well, we need a playmaker and a proper midfielder in then to fill out those gaps. Is Bailey really going to lead the line though? And if so, why the renewed interest in Abraham?

I'm just going on the comments from the announcement (and because I don't particularly want to see us spunk away half the money we get for Jack on Abraham).

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #6321 on: August 04, 2021, 03:03:45 PM »
I wonder why the lack of interest in Pereira?

Agreed. He looks decent

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #6322 on: August 04, 2021, 03:05:20 PM »
I think Man City with DeBruyne, Pep and Foden are a bigger drawer than us right now. As has been shown by our captain asking to move there, I don't think we would illicit the same response from Ward Prowse.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #6323 on: August 04, 2021, 03:09:38 PM »

I'm just going on the comments from the announcement (and because I don't particularly want to see us spunk away half the money we get for Jack on Abraham).

Neither do I man. I don't dislike Tammy and if we lacked a no. 9 I'd be quite happy with him, but as things stand it'd strike me as an almost obnoxiously-inefficient use of funds. Neither Tammy or Ollie are versatile in a top six sense - they lead the line or nada. They don't have the creativity, close technique or sharp interplay to really be a threat out wide like Mane or someone; their strengths lie in channel-running, holding the ball up, occupying defenders and being in the bloody box. £40m on Tammy when there are other areas of the team more in need, hoping he or Ollie would become a star on the wing, would be a terrible move.

Nevertheless Percy and the Athletic both say we're interested, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Tammy and Cantwell the only names coming through with any consistency right now. Oh, and Bess McNeil. This isn't great.

Online paul_e

« Reply #6324 on: August 04, 2021, 03:10:32 PM »

It'd be an easier pill to swallow if that came through. I don't see us buying that level of quality unfortunately.

Nor can I sadly,  mostly because we seem determined to stick with the 'premier league experience' thing given all the links. I'd convinced myself it was just lazy journalism linking us to most of them but heavy links to players like ESR, Tuanzebe, Tammy and JWP along with tentative links to Curtis Jones, Cantwell, etc make me think it's a genuine policy this summer. What makes that so annoying is that so many clubs in Europe are going to be taking a haircut on players to keep the lights on (as we've seen with Bailey to be fair), this is the perfect window to pick up some real quality on the cheap and we don't seem to be looking very hard.  Or maybe I'm just a bit pissed off today and I'm being overly critical.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #6325 on: August 04, 2021, 03:11:52 PM »
Cantwell, Tuanzebe and Abrahams after losing Grealish would be a shite window.

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #6326 on: August 04, 2021, 03:15:22 PM »
The prospect of so many new players coming in is exciting, but it's going to take time for them to get used to playing together. Our season could take a while to get going.

On the other hand, the defence and goalkeeper are settled, and that's the most difficult bit to organise.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #6327 on: August 04, 2021, 03:16:58 PM »

Let’s hope there is no Colonel of truth in that.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #6328 on: August 04, 2021, 03:17:22 PM »
An interesting sidenote is that JWP and Grealish share the same agent. So shouldn't be a problem to sell the deal to him and get him to agitate for a move.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #6329 on: August 04, 2021, 03:20:00 PM »

Let’s hope there is no Colonel of truth in that.

If you was to add Emi and Bailey to that list that ain’t so bad at all.

Losing Grealish in any transfer window would always leave a sorry bitter taste no matter who we bought.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal