collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1109047 times)

Offline sid1964

Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #6135 on: August 03, 2021, 11:55:11 AM »
The excitement of loan deals for Tammy and Axel - no wonder Jack wanted to stay

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #6136 on: August 03, 2021, 12:09:40 PM »
Has anyone done the FFP calculations on how much we can spend this summer without falling foul of them?

Purslow hopefully.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #6137 on: August 03, 2021, 12:10:19 PM »
Loan to buy for Tammy makes sense as it allows you to move the cost to next year. The report says they want Axel on a perm not loan. Both are good players in areas of the pitch we need an extra body that is going to improve the squad.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #6138 on: August 03, 2021, 12:12:38 PM »
Has anyone done the FFP calculations on how much we can spend this summer without falling foul of them?

No idea but let’s say the combined for those 2 is say £50m then that bring our spend to £120m. That’s if Jack stays obviously and I’d expect 1 or 2 outgoings also, maybe Hourihane, AEG, for instance that would be worth say £20-25m combined.

So £100m net spend, good but not huge I’d say.

Offline Goldenballs

« Reply #6139 on: August 03, 2021, 12:12:56 PM »
Both would be good signings, Tammy especially.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #6140 on: August 03, 2021, 12:17:33 PM »
Axel and Tammy would be useful signings whether Jack goes or not. The manager would trust both of them as they have played for him before, there are no adaptation issues and we know what they are both capable of. Loan to buy would be a good idea even if they can’t play against their parent clubs this season.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #6141 on: August 03, 2021, 12:19:08 PM »
It’s a good way of Levy pretending to be spending the cash with no intention of actually doing so (a la Doug) before paying down debt on 1st September.

Yup, they have an emergency Bank of England loan of £175m that needs to be paid in full by March 2022. On top of that they owe £823m on a long term loan. Covid has really hit Spurs hard and even a financial wheeler-dealer genius like Levy is struggling to find solutions.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #6142 on: August 03, 2021, 12:21:13 PM »
Tammy couldn't get in a team past Giroud and Tuanzebe is shite and always injured. Selling Jack and bringing them in is a massive downgrade. I know one would be 4th choice CB and the other fighting for the Striker spot but there would be such a massive hole in the midfield, we struggle to win the midfield battle as it is. We'd need some clever expenditure for centre mids.

I'm not optimistic if we lose Grealish and the replacements are Bailey, Buendia, 4th choice CB, 2nd choice LB and 2nd choice CF. Stronger bench but weaker team for me.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #6143 on: August 03, 2021, 12:21:18 PM »
Percy reporting we’re trying to get Axel & Tammy on loan.

Point of order, he says we want to do deals for former loan players Axel and Tammy, not that we necessarily want to loan them again.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #6144 on: August 03, 2021, 12:23:26 PM »
And we have supposedly made another bid for JWP.

richtheholtender

« Reply #6145 on: August 03, 2021, 12:29:35 PM »
Hasn't all the FFP stuff been relaxed. I am sure our guys know what they're doing. Just enjoy it

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #6146 on: August 03, 2021, 12:33:38 PM »
I’d really hope we’re beyond loaning players from ‘the top six’ so if we do go for them it’s on a permanent basis. Tammy would be good as long as the price is fair, Wesley and Davis don’t look as though they’re going to be great cover this season. I’d loan at least one of them out, preferably Wesley. Tuenzebe definitely has the quality to be back up for the defenders and can cover RB as well as CB but has a terrible injury record and I’m not sure he’d get as much opportunity as he’d probably like even if he is fit.
JWP would be good, an upgrade on Dougie, Sanson, Ramsey but we could still do with a proper holding midfielder unless the idea is to play McGinn and JWP behind Buendia, and use Nakamba as a sub if we’re trying to see the game out.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #6147 on: August 03, 2021, 12:37:55 PM »
Tammy couldn't get in a team past Giroud and Tuanzebe is shite and always injured. Selling Jack and bringing them in is a massive downgrade. I know one would be 4th choice CB and the other fighting for the Striker spot but there would be such a massive hole in the midfield, we struggle to win the midfield battle as it is. We'd need some clever expenditure for centre mids.

I'm not optimistic if we lose Grealish and the replacements are Bailey, Buendia, 4th choice CB, 2nd choice LB and 2nd choice CF. Stronger bench but weaker team for me.

Giroud is a good player, and we play a different way to Tuchel. He proved the season after he left us that he can score at the Prem level and would be a great signing at the right price, or on loan and buy next season which would fit well with FFP.

Not fussed with Axel, but for the right price would be good competition and a step up from Engels.

Neither of them are going to replace Jack, that would have to be 2 different signings in midfield.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #6148 on: August 03, 2021, 12:39:13 PM »
Percy reporting we’re trying to get Axel & Tammy on loan.

Point of order, he says we want to do deals for former loan players Axel and Tammy, not that we necessarily want to loan them again.

Yes, my bad. In my limited defence it is difficult to maintain accuracy when you’re trying to interpret the nuance of body language at a training session on the other screen.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #6149 on: August 03, 2021, 12:44:09 PM »
Buying Tammy would be ok, but i'm struggling to see what's in it for him when he can be the main man elsewhere. On loan even less reason. Buying Tuanzebe would be a risk - depends what they wanted for him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal