collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1123815 times)

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #5205 on: July 23, 2021, 10:47:14 AM »
Just watched  the latest Holy Trinity on YouTube. Its a Canadian guy from Toronto  who I have posted about before. His latest one is about our recruitment policy and it makes so much sense. He explains why we are not going to buy Tammy or Ings and why we have an interest in McNeil from Burnley. Very well researched, but thats what we expect from people in Toronto, isnt that right TV? Only 20 mins long, highly recommended.

I agree with him on Tammy and Ings. I think he was missing 1 criteria though (but I understand why he stops at 3, it's in the name). The most important criteria as I see it is that the majority of our signings are players that we've looked at and decided they're on the brink of a big step up in performance and we're trying to buy them just before that happens (and become part of the reason why). This is why I think it's so important to give players 12-18 months before writing them off (aside from the odd signing which is clearly to address a specific weakness in the squad in the short term, such as Young and Samatta).

On McNeil my problem is that I don't think he's any better now than he was 2-3 years ago, not just from seeing him play but also looking at his stats across almost any measure, if anything last season he went backwards.

Everything he says is why I've been saying I want a forward who can play a few roles and a defensive midfielder who can cover at centre back, that versatility adds so much to the squad.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #5206 on: July 23, 2021, 10:50:58 AM »
Just watched  the latest Holy Trinity on YouTube. Its a Canadian guy from Toronto  who I have posted about before. His latest one is about our recruitment policy and it makes so much sense. He explains why we are not going to buy Tammy or Ings and why we have an interest in McNeil from Burnley. Very well researched, but thats what we expect from people in Toronto, isnt that right TV? Only 20 mins long, highly recommended.

Love that guy Pete

Have him and TV ever met in real Villa life ?

Online aj2k77

« Reply #5207 on: July 23, 2021, 10:55:20 AM »
If I bought anyone from Burnley it would be Ben Mee..... now bear with me.

I'd have him apologise to Wesley, then I'd sit him on the bench every game for the next 5 years, the dirty bastard.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #5208 on: July 23, 2021, 11:47:33 AM »

I'd have him apologise to Wesley, then I'd sit him on the bench every game for the next 5 years, the dirty bastard.

Picking up dog shit in Aston Park would be more appropriate

Online villa_cads

« Reply #5209 on: July 23, 2021, 11:53:59 AM »

He straddle it knowing Mee, legs wrapped around. We simply can't afford to have our bench out for the season.

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
« Reply #5210 on: July 23, 2021, 11:57:51 AM »
Gary Cahill on a 12 month deal as backup for Konsa worth a look?

The solution to the centre back , free kicks and defensive midfield people all banging on about  all rolled into one.
David Luiz as a statement signing.
He's a very Dean Smith type player.

And with Luiz you would have the versatility , quality ,experience and a great off field person who is a committed Christian.
Culturally as a player some here in UK misunderstood him but I think Dean Smith and JT could do worse than bringing him in on a free because at the end of the day he's a quality footballer and one of the best direct free kick takers I've ever seen in recent times. Certainly the best centre back one!

In what way in this whole entire universe is David Luiz a Dean Smith type player?! In any case, he's 34, way past his best, and if he's not going to get into the Arsenal side he sure as hell isn't getting into ours.

Well he's a ball playing centre back and can step out into midfield . Also he plays a defensive midfield role with an attitude to keep hold of possession and plays excellent passing.  If we are looking to control games he can play pivot or he can when we see out games drop into defence as insurance. I don't see why he couldn't be considered.
Fits remit of premier league experience
Listed the reasons. Why he's a great option.
And anyhow people reference Cahill who is 35!

Also to add further reasons as well as versatility and free kick ability he can help Wesley recovery by nurturing him with his mother tounge. A native speaker around Wesley who is older and wiser with gold moral values would do wonders for Wesley
And of course he's been an experienced winner at club level so has the right mentality to pass on experience to existing defenders and Douglas too in regards to mother tounge

Wesley has an issue with his morality?

I get the leaders in the squad bit, but David Luiz is a go awful player that has played off reputation rather than ability for years. He has also had his fair share of immoral moments on the pitch rolling about as if hit in the face when clearly he wasn't etc. I am not having a bar of the idea hes a good player, hes been incredibly fortunate to be in sides that have won things, often in spite of him being mostly useless.

I've never rated or liked David Luis from arsenal onwards. Whenever I do think about him it reminds me of Germany 7 Brazil 1. Flaps about in defence for me often out of position.  Completely gob smacked when Chelski bought him. Has a nasty streak too for all the smiles.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #5211 on: July 23, 2021, 12:21:21 PM »
Luis' reputation never recovered from that Brazil game. The reality was he was a very good defender on his day who won a lot of stuff afterwards. Still, wouldn't want him here though.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #5212 on: July 23, 2021, 12:25:56 PM »
Luis' reputation never recovered from that Brazil game. The reality was he was a very good defender on his day who won a lot of stuff afterwards. Still, wouldn't want him here though.

He had a reputation for clown defending long before that, it merely underscored his weaknesses.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #5213 on: July 23, 2021, 12:30:29 PM »

He had a reputation for clown defending long before that, it merely underscored his weaknesses.

Still you don't have his medal collection and play for the clubs he has if you're absolutely crap at defending.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #5214 on: July 23, 2021, 12:33:23 PM »
Hmmm... Wes Brown honours:

Premier League: 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08
FA Cup: 1998–99, 2003–04
Football League Cup: 2005–06, 2009–10 (bloody cheats)
FA Community Shield: 2007, 2008
UEFA Champions League: 1998–99, 2007–08
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 12:37:34 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #5215 on: July 23, 2021, 12:35:22 PM »
oof! point taken. I withdraw that last comment.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #5216 on: July 23, 2021, 12:39:10 PM »
oof! point taken. I withdraw that last comment.

That's what we like about you sb, always willing to admit you're wrong and concede to a valid point. :)

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #5217 on: July 23, 2021, 12:43:20 PM »

He straddle it knowing Mee, legs wrapped around. We simply can't afford to have our bench out for the season.

THE SHIT HOUSE

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #5218 on: July 23, 2021, 12:47:09 PM »

Football League Cup: 2005–06, 2009–10 (bloody cheats)

I read that as 'West Brom honours' and wondered if I'd been living in some form of parallel universe.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #5219 on: July 23, 2021, 12:51:23 PM »

Football League Cup: 2005–06, 2009–10 (bloody cheats)      (made me laugh)  ;D

I read that as 'West Brom honours' and wondered if I'd been living in some form of parallel universe.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal