collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by john e
[Today at 09:04:40 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:02:45 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:01:49 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:00:47 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 08:55:58 PM]

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 08:51:40 PM]

Emi Buendia - Injured by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 08:48:16 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by danno
[Today at 08:12:15 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1126240 times)

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #5145 on: July 22, 2021, 05:11:39 PM »
Literally suggesting Luiz because Cahill was mentioned as an experienced defender plus peoples ongoing request for a dm. So it was all rolled into one really.
And if he's not everyone's liking that's fair enough however I think any football follower can acknowledge his free kick technics if they choosing to deny his accolades.
I think he's a good footballer and the worst I ever saw was when Brazil lost 7-1 to Germany in the world cup semi final if 2014 in Belo Horizonte  brazil  . The occasion was all too much and unfortunately he greatly suffered in that game.
Premier league wise he never made any more mistakes than anyone else playing as a defender but people saw him as someone to poke fun at and criticise.

And I merely mentioned him being Christian (all other religions and non respected too) as indication he's no off field issues of ill repute which to me always cause impact on field or later in life issues.if not addressed.
I don't think he's pastor best despite what others say!

Do check out his free kicks if anything else. Final word from me on this David Luiz transfer speculation as have read above the news on KD...

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #5146 on: July 22, 2021, 05:16:20 PM »
John Percy reporting Stoke are after Keinan on loan...nothing agreed so far but talks have been held
Percy knows.
Great info . Thanks . I'm mixed on this one I feel he needed that loan sooner. As would like him involved premier league level if not with us maybe another club on loan to build him up.

I would have preferred Wesley to go out on loan (ideally sold) but maybe January he's someone who's more pressing to have minutes and we can ill afford to have passengers who aren't up to the required level and tempo which in part due to long standing injury Wesley miles off being Premier ready.

I hope KD does well and hope means a new attacking player comes in.
Seems things are starting to happen.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5147 on: July 22, 2021, 05:20:26 PM »
so has the alvarez thing gone away then ?

Good question. I was under the impression that this was the most likely one to happen.

As I mentioned last week..

He played today (Alvarez, not Vickery) for River Plate in their last 16 Copa Libertadores, first leg game. River were held at home 1-1 by Argentinos Juniors. Second leg is next Thursday, if River win I'd be surprised if they sell him as they're likely to play Boca in the quarter final with the 2nd leg around the 19th of August. The semi final is around the 21st of September, long after the window closes.

It may explain why it's gone very quiet or it could be just a bullshit rumour. If it is true we're interested, next Thursday could be decisive or failing that immediately after the 19th August.

UPDATE: River Plate won 2-0 so are through to the quarter finals. Alverez came off the bench on 82 minutes. Only difference from above is Boca Juniors lost on penalties (and caused a riot). 19th of August remains the next deadline to look out for, 2nd leg River Plate vs Atletico Mineiro.

If I was a betting man I'd probably pencil in Alverez to Villa in the January window. Assuming we're interested, obviously.

Sign him with a loan back clause. He can then join  us in January and be integrated into the squad in the second half of the season?

What if he gets injured between now and January? Ideally we can have an agreement in place to sign him on the 1st of January. Obviously, there's still time to sign him next month before the window closes but I can't see River Plate wanting to sell him while they're still in the South American version of the Champions League.

Hopefully they need the money because the final is in November.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #5148 on: July 22, 2021, 05:25:01 PM »

Except he's third party owned. I still haven't fully worked how that works.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #5149 on: July 22, 2021, 05:27:39 PM »

Except he's third party owned. I still haven't fully worked how that works.

You're OK if he gets stolen but you're buggered if you cause an accident in him.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #5150 on: July 22, 2021, 05:29:53 PM »
David Luiz? Jesus Christmas.
Well we all have varying opinions I was putting up reasoning after seeing Cahill suggested.
Just feel Luiz ticks a lot of boxes posters here have been requesting .
Most of the attributes and achievements you mentioned, F-V, are some while back in his career. Luiz deteriorated badly in his time at the Arse, and his pastoral benefits can be administered equally as well as him by Cashley Y.
I'd favour neither Cahill nor Luiz: we have Terry to provide the deep experience. We should be looking at someone young enough to continue developing and good enough to put Mings and Konsa under a bit of pressure to perform.
Regarding F-V's comments about squad rotation, I share those concerns: last season, Deano did have some rotation options but didn't seem keen to use them; claiming that players don't get tired if continually played. Greater flexibility with a larger and more competitive squad has to be a part of next season, IMHO.

Mister E thank you. At least someone can adult discussion here on the varying opinion.
Very well put if I don't totally agree I can certainly see the reasoning for you not wanting to pursue a move for David Luiz and intstead a younger player
I hope there are more posts of this calibre come season 201/22 please

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #5151 on: July 22, 2021, 05:32:16 PM »
I agree with you Footy, to go to the next level Dean needs to be comfortable properly utilising a full squad and not flogging the same first 11 to death.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #5152 on: July 22, 2021, 05:32:44 PM »
David Luiz? Jesus Christmas.
Well we all have varying opinions I was putting up reasoning after seeing Cahill suggested.
Just feel Luiz ticks a lot of boxes posters here have been requesting .
Most of the attributes and achievements you mentioned, F-V, are some while back in his career. Luiz deteriorated badly in his time at the Arse, and his pastoral benefits can be administered equally as well as him by Cashley Y.
I'd favour neither Cahill nor Luiz: we have Terry to provide the deep experience. We should be looking at someone young enough to continue developing and good enough to put Mings and Konsa under a bit of pressure to perform.
Regarding F-V's comments about squad rotation, I share those concerns: last season, Deano did have some rotation options but didn't seem keen to use them; claiming that players don't get tired if continually played. Greater flexibility with a larger and more competitive squad has to be a part of next season, IMHO.

Also on Dean Smith and growing the squad.
And appreciated that you acknowledge my one literal concern on Dean Smith and the squad management. It's new steps for him and to be taking players off and dealing with the impact of alternating is something he's got to adapt and be less averse too.
I love Dean Smith he's a fantastic coach . One of the best
I think Deano can be very successful but the one area where his downfall would be player fall out and his less than modern attitudes of players being fatigued and exhausted
It's a squad game and will only more so be.
So having 25 near same level players all competing would be where ultimately get too.
Of course will be a few stand out stars but we see with likes of KDB being rested for Man City it's a squad where all players must be pushing for 1st team but tolerate the squad premise .
Dean alievate rather than alienates our growing squad by rest and rotation. Hope he finds a way to be more like that as that's just how it is at high end level

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #5153 on: July 22, 2021, 05:34:34 PM »
Hungarian CB Atilla (good start!)...

Sounds perfect for Sevco.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #5154 on: July 22, 2021, 05:54:29 PM »
David Luiz must be worth a goal a game or a sending off.

I've only ever seen him play 'in the flesh' once, Germany scored 7.

Offline nigel

« Reply #5155 on: July 22, 2021, 06:25:53 PM »
John Percy reporting Stoke are after Keinan on loan...nothing agreed so far but talks have been held

Could be a good loan for him.
An upper middle team, so if he works out for them could push them towards play offs

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #5156 on: July 22, 2021, 06:47:17 PM »
Percy knows.
Great info . Thanks . I'm mixed on this one I feel he needed that loan sooner. As would like him involved premier league level if not with us maybe another club on loan to build him up.

I would have preferred Wesley to go out on loan (ideally sold) but maybe January he's someone who's more pressing to have minutes and we can ill afford to have passengers who aren't up to the required level and tempo which in part due to long standing injury Wesley miles off being Premier ready.
I hope KD does well and hope means a new attacking player comes in.
Seems things are starting to happen.
I've come to the conclusion that Davis' time with us has passed - either because Louie Barry, Brad Young and Aaron Ramsey are in the mix, and / or we'll bring someone else in. Loan-to-buy deal with Stoke or some other outfit would make sense.

I've been a vocal supporter of Wesley throughout, partly because so many people seem to be negative toward him. However, if we cannot accommodate him in the team effectively as a #10 ('cos he ain't no out-and-out striker) he needs to go out on loan with a view to selling him in 6 or 12 months' time.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #5157 on: July 22, 2021, 06:57:01 PM »
I actually feel Keinan could have a higher ceiling than Wesley.  Other than his finishing he just looks a much better player to me.  That's not to say I think a huge amout of Wes' finishing - he's had a few decent close range shots but his strikes generally look very powder puff.

But I agree, Keinans time has probably passed and unless Wes does sonething brilliant in pre-season, I think his has too.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #5158 on: July 22, 2021, 07:06:30 PM »
The difference between them is one was a record signing the other cost a round of drinks.  Keinan owes us nothing.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #5159 on: July 22, 2021, 07:07:22 PM »
The difference between them is one was a record signing the other cost a round of drinks.  Keinan owes us nothing.

maybe a 🍺

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal