collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 11:06:58 PM]

Snooker by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 11:00:28 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by DrGonzo
[Today at 10:59:54 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:53:45 PM]

FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 10:49:02 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by DrGonzo
[Today at 10:48:26 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[Today at 10:41:39 PM]

Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 10:02:51 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1126298 times)

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #4905 on: July 20, 2021, 08:31:32 PM »
I like McNeil, but is he a good player who is held back by his team's style or is he an average player made to look better as he's the only one afforded any freedom?

Right age, good experience. Fee is high though.

McNeil - Jack - Buendia
Watkins

With Traore an option too. That looks a hell of a front line.

Two of the first qualities people* identify for Buendia and McNeil is how hard they work/press/tackle.  That front line could mean we do not need to buy an out and out DMC with Luiz/McGinn et al doing the job, supported by the wide players.

It’s not the worst idea, if Burnley were selling for decent price.
* the athletic articles

Offline Eckybloke

• GM : 06.06.2019
« Reply #4906 on: July 20, 2021, 09:16:39 PM »
Would Jerome Boateng work as a DM or is he an out and out CB?

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #4907 on: July 20, 2021, 09:28:08 PM »
Based on today’s BBC rumours I wondered whether an offer for Henderson would be worth it for our Andy Townsend vacancy.  Decent human being and leader but not sure he is a good enough footballer.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #4908 on: July 20, 2021, 09:36:00 PM »
Based on today’s BBC rumours I wondered whether an offer for Henderson would be worth it for our Andy Townsend vacancy.  Decent human being and leader but not sure he is a good enough footballer.

I think we're done with signing 'Jordans'.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #4909 on: July 20, 2021, 10:28:13 PM »

I think we're done with signing 'Jordans'.
We're all about "Emi"s nowadays

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #4910 on: July 20, 2021, 11:05:05 PM »
I think selling Jack and replacing him with McNeil would represent a massive step backwards.
100%  But would he be a good addition to the squad assuming we keep Jack?  I haven't made up my mind on him yet, but it's stange he has probbaly achieved more than ESR at this stage of his career, but because he's at an unfashionable club people are immediately more sceptical.
He has the workrate of Trez and the skill of El Ghazi, and would be an upgrade on either of them.
true, why doesn't he actually seem to do very much with it?
I get that Burnley as a team don't score all that many and that he's still very young, and would almost certainly be better in a more creative team.
But given he is their main outlet, I'd expect more than the two goals he had scored in each of his three seasons.
El Ghazi scored five in sixteen days last season. McNeill has scored five goals in the last two and a half years.
Yup. 7 goals and 16 assists in 3 seasons - okay but it's a £20-25m not a £40-50m player.

McNeill has the potential to be a lot better though. Burnley don't play through midfield so it's a struggle to do well there goal/assist wise. He tore Matt Cash a new one in that second half at Burnley last season, playing well against us tends to be a key factor in prospective signings over the years...He will be a fine signing for someone this summer.

AEG goals last season,while very welcome, were mostly penalties that he did very little to earn. Traore has a lot of ability but his G&A stats mask a series of utterly risible performances especially when Grealish was out. I think McNeill in the next few season will easily surpass those two in terms of career trajectory.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4911 on: July 20, 2021, 11:28:44 PM »
Gareth Bales' Real Madrid contract can now be bought out for fifteen million euros.

Isn't he on about 600k a week or something stupid?

I can't think of a transfer that would be more stupid.

Absolute piss taking waster. No thanks.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #4912 on: July 20, 2021, 11:33:31 PM »
Gareth Bales' Real Madrid contract can now be bought out for fifteen million euros.

When you know he's giving his best for Wales and he's still shit, you have a point. That's what happens when you play for a fascist club. Let them rot.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #4913 on: July 20, 2021, 11:42:20 PM »
I think selling Jack and replacing him with McNeil would represent a massive step backwards.

Yup, even worse than Ireland replacing Milner. McNeill is certainly a decent player but watching him it's like a big bloke trying to copy Jack Grealish. Whilst Jack is fluid, McNeill is a clumsy, poorer version. Can't knock his effort but no where near and never will be Jack's level. A footballing Dad dancer.

Bit harsh.  Of course Jack Grealish is a better player, but doesn't mean signing someone like McNeil would impact terribly on us if JG leaves.  I actually think two functional wingers who help out defensively and have a bit of quality in the final third would work in our system.  It would probably mean that we would need some real quality in that attacking midfield position though.

I still think that if we'd have had Barnes and Albrighton from Leicester out wide for us last season with Jack in the middle, we would have finished comfortably in the top ten. 

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #4914 on: July 21, 2021, 12:52:57 AM »

When you know he's giving his best for Wales and he's still shit, you have a point. That's what happens when you play for a fascist club. Let them rot.

If Bale joined, that would be him and Jack playing for the same club with the same agent. Just like the two Emis.

Maybe Jonathan Barnett would keep his gob out of the media and let his two prized assets finish their careers at the Villa. Come on Gareth - the Belfry just down the road, you know it makes sense!

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
« Reply #4915 on: July 21, 2021, 01:20:33 AM »
100%  But would he be a good addition to the squad assuming we keep Jack?  I haven't made up my mind on him yet, but it's stange he has probbaly achieved more than ESR at this stage of his career, but because he's at an unfashionable club people are immediately more sceptical.
He has the workrate of Trez and the skill of El Ghazi, and would be an upgrade on either of them.
true, why doesn't he actually seem to do very much with it?
I get that Burnley as a team don't score all that many and that he's still very young, and would almost certainly be better in a more creative team.
But given he is their main outlet, I'd expect more than the two goals he had scored in each of his three seasons.
El Ghazi scored five in sixteen days last season. McNeill has scored five goals in the last two and a half years.
Yup. 7 goals and 16 assists in 3 seasons - okay but it's a £20-25m not a £40-50m player.

McNeill has the potential to be a lot better though. Burnley don't play through midfield so it's a struggle to do well there goal/assist wise. He tore Matt Cash a new one in that second half at Burnley last season, playing well against us tends to be a key factor in prospective signings over the years...He will be a fine signing for someone this summer.

AEG goals last season,while very welcome, were mostly penalties that he did very little to earn. Traore has a lot of ability but his G&A stats mask a series of utterly risible performances especially when Grealish was out. I think McNeill in the next few season will easily surpass those two in terms of career trajectory.

4 were penalty's. Out of 15.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #4916 on: July 21, 2021, 01:38:19 AM »
Linked to Fulham keeper Marcus Bettinelli - can’t bring myself to link to the Daily Hate though.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #4917 on: July 21, 2021, 06:21:48 AM »
As we are looking at players with experience of the premier league - Andy Carroll is available

Offline Joshua Fineman

« Reply #4918 on: July 21, 2021, 06:43:27 AM »
Andy Carroll?  No

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #4919 on: July 21, 2021, 07:44:07 AM »
Andy Carroll?  No
I think you find the actual response is Andy Carroll ?  fuck off.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal