collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Tim Iroegbunam by brontebilly
[Today at 06:46:52 PM]

Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 06:45:56 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by brontebilly
[Today at 06:46:52 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 06:45:56 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:43:32 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1126116 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #4275 on: July 06, 2021, 03:49:44 PM »
LOL their player of the year too. My old blue nose mate Mark Harrison working his magic again. Growing up he’d have done anything to see us fail. Seeing as we’re now paying him may as well bring the bitters down instead.

Oh and fuck the Albion. Seriously

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4276 on: July 06, 2021, 03:50:53 PM »
I see we are now picking off the cream from our local clubs, lovely

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2021/07/06/aston-villa-set-to-sign-west-brom-talent-tim-iroegbunam/

It's great for us (I think) but I do feel a level of sympathy even for them. I don't know anything about the player, but to develop young players to have them taken away with little to no compensation doesn't feel right. Developing youth talent should be encouraged and rewarded and I'm not sure the current system does that. 

Sounds like he's going to be encouraged and rewarded handsomely at Villa!

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #4277 on: July 06, 2021, 03:53:59 PM »

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2021/07/06/aston-villa-set-to-sign-west-brom-talent-tim-iroegbunam/

It's great for us (I think) but I do feel a level of sympathy even for them. I don't know anything about the player, but to develop young players to have them taken away with little to no compensation doesn't feel right. Developing youth talent should be encouraged and rewarded and I'm not sure the current system does that. 

Sounds like he's going to be encouraged and rewarded handsomely at Villa!

That's why a number 9f clubs have closed their academies.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4278 on: July 06, 2021, 04:01:35 PM »
I know it's anecdotal, but haven't more than one club been quite complimentary about the way we've gone about our business when recruiting youngsters?

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4279 on: July 06, 2021, 04:05:25 PM »
Smith-Rowe currently trending on Twitter, fuelled purely by our twats engaging in circular arguments with their twats.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #4280 on: July 06, 2021, 04:09:15 PM »
I see Villa have moved swiftly to sign up seven of the under 23 squad today with new contracts. I see Chuck is not amongst them but hopefully they are also talking to him too. Still very quiet on the transfer front!

Chuckwuemeka has already signed the longest contract possible for his age group, I think. I'd expect him to sign another new contract in October when he turns eighteen.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #4283 on: July 06, 2021, 05:13:01 PM »
You know you were in trouble when we signed Bowery who had scored 1 goal in about 83 games in the lower leagues.

I do wonder how those meetings go. Blokes sat around a table getting a report from scout or analysts.

"You know there is lad Jordan Bowery at Chesterfield who looks like he can make the step to the PL. 10 goals in 83 games. Oh he had a loan spell at Barrow where he didn't score and they didn't keep him. But we really should snap him up before Bayern or Barcelona sniff him out"

Lambert pipes up having watched the DVD of him, "he's really excellent, he really is. Get him"

Or maybe they say, "There's a lad at Chesterfield worth taking a punt on." Like there was a lad at Crewe who we sold for a big profit and he's still playing in the Premier League nine years later, or the one at Sheffield United who keeps him company. Or all those others we've picked up over the years; some have made it and some haven't. To put it even further into context - we signed Terry Bullivant for something like £150,000 when our record fee was £300,000. He played about a dozen games for us but you wouldn't use him as any indication of our transfer policy back then.   

Thought you were talking about another lad we signed from Crewe!

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #4284 on: July 06, 2021, 05:31:41 PM »
I know it's anecdotal, but haven't more than one club been quite complimentary about the way we've gone about our business when recruiting youngsters?
The Exeter City chairman said nice things about us after we bought Chrisenne (sp?). But I think you're right, i seem to remember a second club

Offline pelty

« Reply #4285 on: July 06, 2021, 05:31:56 PM »
Saw this on ESPN:

- Aston Villa have received a boost in their pursuit of Axel Tuanzebe with reports that Manchester United would be willing to let the defender go. Football Insider writes that Dean Smith sees Tuanzebe as a first choice centre-back at Villa Park and wants to partner him alongside Tyrone Mings.

In what world would I want Tuanzebe to partner Mings over Konsa? Am I missing something? I just assume these journalists never actually watch the teams about which they write because statements such as this make no sense to me. Or I just rate Konsa more than I ought.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4286 on: July 06, 2021, 05:34:21 PM »
Saw this on ESPN:

- Aston Villa have received a boost in their pursuit of Axel Tuanzebe with reports that Manchester United would be willing to let the defender go. Football Insider writes that Dean Smith sees Tuanzebe as a first choice centre-back at Villa Park and wants to partner him alongside Tyrone Mings.

In what world would I want Tuanzebe to partner Mings over Konsa? Am I missing something? I just assume these journalists never actually watch the teams about which they write because statements such as this make no sense to me. Or I just rate Konsa more than I ought.

No, you're correct. I don't think Football Insider could even be considered a proper news source to be honest. Smith is clearly absolutely delighted with both Konsa and Mings, and I'd be amazed if anybody is brought in other than as cover, for the next couple of seasons at least, barring any sort of injury.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #4287 on: July 06, 2021, 05:37:40 PM »
I see Villa have moved swiftly to sign up seven of the under 23 squad today with new contracts. I see Chuck is not amongst them but hopefully they are also talking to him too. Still very quiet on the transfer front!

Chuckwuemeka has already signed the longest contract possible for his age group, I think. I'd expect him to sign another new contract in October when he turns eighteen.

Good info my friend. Thanks.

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #4289 on: July 06, 2021, 05:43:30 PM »
You know you were in trouble when we signed Bowery who had scored 1 goal in about 83 games in the lower leagues.

I do wonder how those meetings go. Blokes sat around a table getting a report from scout or analysts.

"You know there is lad Jordan Bowery at Chesterfield who looks like he can make the step to the PL. 10 goals in 83 games. Oh he had a loan spell at Barrow where he didn't score and they didn't keep him. But we really should snap him up before Bayern or Barcelona sniff him out"

Lambert pipes up having watched the DVD of him, "he's really excellent, he really is. Get him"

Or maybe they say, "There's a lad at Chesterfield worth taking a punt on." Like there was a lad at Crewe who we sold for a big profit and he's still playing in the Premier League nine years later, or the one at Sheffield United who keeps him company. Or all those others we've picked up over the years; some have made it and some haven't. To put it even further into context - we signed Terry Bullivant for something like £150,000 when our record fee was £300,000. He played about a dozen games for us but you wouldn't use him as any indication of our transfer policy back then.   

Thought you were talking about another lad we signed from Crewe!

Indeed, and at the same time we bought Gareth Williams from Gosport.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal