collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1126311 times)

Offline Duncan Shaw

Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #4035 on: July 02, 2021, 03:43:34 PM »
I think Nakamba is better than we think too, and could get better.  His excellent performances in the latter part of the season came in what was probably his best "run" of games, which says to me he would improve with a decent run of games behind him.

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #4036 on: July 02, 2021, 03:44:56 PM »
Wow, thought he was struggling to get a game at Cambridge. Did we include a sell-on in his contract? Westwood, Lowton and Bedeau. Burnley could be our second favourite claret and blue team if only they weren't such such a modern Wimbledon.
Re second favourite sides playing in claret and blue - after all AVFC representative sides it has to be Galway United.

Not least because the current kit includes 'AV81' as a tribute to Eamonn Deacy and our European Cup triumph.

Link: https://galwayunitedfc.ie/product/galway-united-home-2021-kit/

Online Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #4037 on: July 02, 2021, 03:45:36 PM »
As far as the DM goes, I wonder why many discount Nakamba. I believe he has the makings of a great holding midfielder.

He was much better towards the end of last season, as if he'd got up to speed with the premier league and the requirements of a DM.  In terms of breaking things up, he's definitely up to the task.  The issue is with the ball he's still quite limited.  Now, that's true of a LOT of DMs, and to get one who can do the ugly stuff and use the ball you'll be paying very big money indeed.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #4038 on: July 02, 2021, 03:54:44 PM »
Wow, thought he was struggling to get a game at Cambridge. Did we include a sell-on in his contract? Westwood, Lowton and Bedeau. Burnley could be our second favourite claret and blue team if only they weren't such such a modern Wimbledon.
Re second favourite sides playing in claret and blue - after all AVFC representative sides it has to be Galway United.

Not least because the current kit includes 'AV81' as a tribute to Eamonn Deacy and our European Cup triumph.

Think they play at Eamonn Deacy Stadium too

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #4039 on: July 02, 2021, 04:41:13 PM »
Luiz will miss the start of the season due to the Olympics so unless we bring in another DM, he's likely to start the season.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #4040 on: July 02, 2021, 05:08:49 PM »

Bolocks, You’re going to make me spend some more money now

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4041 on: July 02, 2021, 05:20:34 PM »

Bolocks, You’re going to make me spend some more money now

Also the postcode of their ground is H91 AV81

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
« Reply #4042 on: July 02, 2021, 05:30:37 PM »
They’ll take a look at how Wesley is doing in early pre-season and that will inform the decision which is fair enough. If he’s looking sharp perhaps we go for another forward who could play wide and if he’s not, a more like-for-like replacement for Watkins.

On Leicester - who look like they’re recruiting well again - assume their latest striker signing means they won’t be after the Celtic forward we were also linked with, is he any good? I’ve not watched any Scottish football in a very long time.

A wise decision. Dull as ditchwater without exception. SPL comes on before MOTD up here.

They haven't had crowd noise at SPL matches during covid as it would be an unnatural environment for the audience.

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
« Reply #4043 on: July 02, 2021, 05:42:45 PM »

I want one! Also has a Villa lion in the badge.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #4044 on: July 02, 2021, 05:48:54 PM »
Is there another link to Villa with the club sponsor - the Comers who tried to buy us in the mid 00's ?

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4045 on: July 02, 2021, 08:45:50 PM »
Is there another link to Villa with the club sponsor - the Comers who tried to buy us in the mid 00's ?

Yes

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #4046 on: July 02, 2021, 09:01:38 PM »

Also Adidas tried to sue O'Neills to stop them using the 3 stripes but were unsuccessful (in Ireland) even if it predates Sawiris's time there.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #4047 on: July 03, 2021, 02:05:08 AM »
As far as the DM goes, I wonder why many discount Nakamba. I believe he has the makings of a great holding midfielder.

Brutally honest answer is that he is not good enough if we are looking to really cement a place in the top reaches of the division.  Fine as a squad player who can come in and do a job for the odd game here and there, but we need a real quality addition in that position.

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #4048 on: July 03, 2021, 06:14:07 AM »

Brutally honest answer is that he is not good enough if we are looking to really cement a place in the top reaches of the division.  Fine as a squad player who can come in and do a job for the odd game here and there, but we need a real quality addition in that position.
that's what we said about Matt targett

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #4049 on: July 03, 2021, 07:54:41 AM »
Eduard still available from Celtic?

Yes and for around £18 million, last year of his contract. For that sort of money we should be in for him. If he doesn’t work out we would recoup most of the money spent. Offer Celtic Wes on loan for the season and we could pay less.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal