collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Clampy
[Today at 06:17:55 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Re: Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:25:50 PM]

Re: Official Website by Chris Harte
[Today at 06:22:03 PM]

Re: FFP by Dave
[Today at 06:21:29 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Clampy
[Today at 06:21:29 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1125990 times)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #4005 on: July 02, 2021, 09:59:21 AM »
Rice is closer to the player I want and I think he could be developed into a really good DM, England have used him really poorly in the euros but for West Ham he's much better. I agree that he'd be very expensive for what he is though.

Players like Winks being linked is what happens when your manager talks about the value of experience in the league at the start of the window. I hope we don't let that become the most important factor in signings because we can get better value elsewhere and the team we have is strong enough to give those players 6-12months to fully settle in.

How much of Rices improvement is down to Soucek though and how much he suits the style of play Moyes operates? I think he’s a good player a bit limited in some aspects but certainly deserving of his place in my view.

Soucek type is exactly what we need in midfield. Plays as an 8 but 10 premier league goals and tremendous threat on set pieces. Him and Rice together also offer good physical presence and both can get around the pitch o.k.

Said before but if we could pull it off Milkenkovic Savic from Lazio is very similar to Soucek in how he plays and his build and would be our best signing for years. He would however cost 50m + and has been linked to top clubs for years but never actually moves to any of them.

If you want a statement signing to make rest of football seriously take notice he's your man.
Soucek is superb, but I'd say it's the Rice role we're missing most.  Wouldn't Soucek be more the McGinn, Sanson, Luiz role?

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #4006 on: July 02, 2021, 10:21:29 AM »
What happened to that kid from south america we’d “completed” a deal for?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #4007 on: July 02, 2021, 10:52:09 AM »
Not sure why that's gone quiet. Maybe we will find out after Copa America.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #4008 on: July 02, 2021, 10:55:27 AM »
Not sure why that's gone quiet. Maybe we will find out after Copa America.
Just speculating wildly here, but if Alvarez is as good as people say he is, and available for £15m ... I can understand perfectly why we as a club might want to keep that a bit quiet.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #4009 on: July 02, 2021, 11:03:06 AM »
Not in for Abraham at £40m according to The Athletic, nor is any other centre forward considered particularly to be a priority.

Offline Andy Poole

« Reply #4010 on: July 02, 2021, 11:14:12 AM »
Rice is closer to the player I want and I think he could be developed into a really good DM, England have used him really poorly in the euros but for West Ham he's much better. I agree that he'd be very expensive for what he is though.

Players like Winks being linked is what happens when your manager talks about the value of experience in the league at the start of the window. I hope we don't let that become the most important factor in signings because we can get better value elsewhere and the team we have is strong enough to give those players 6-12months to fully settle in.

How much of Rices improvement is down to Soucek though and how much he suits the style of play Moyes operates? I think he’s a good player a bit limited in some aspects but certainly deserving of his place in my view.

Soucek type is exactly what we need in midfield. Plays as an 8 but 10 premier league goals and tremendous threat on set pieces. Him and Rice together also offer good physical presence and both can get around the pitch o.k.

Said before but if we could pull it off Milkenkovic Savic from Lazio is very similar to Soucek in how he plays and his build and would be our best signing for years. He would however cost 50m + and has been linked to top clubs for years but never actually moves to any of them.

If you want a statement signing to make rest of football seriously take notice he's your man.

Begs the question why hasn't he moved? Do all these Top Clubs find something that suggests he'd be more trouble than he's worth?

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #4011 on: July 02, 2021, 11:40:01 AM »

Begs the question why hasn't he moved? Do all these Top Clubs find something that suggests he'd be more trouble than he's worth?

Had a great season and was priced out of a move (Lazio apparently wanted £100m for him).

Had a less good season, so while they still thought he was worth loads, others didn't think so. Reckon Lazio would have been keen to cash in at this point, but his slightly dodgy season put off any would-be buyers.

Then had another really good season, and no bugger has any money anymore apart from us.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #4012 on: July 02, 2021, 12:05:59 PM »
Not in for Abraham at £40m according to The Athletic, nor is any other centre forward considered particularly to be a priority.

A mistake if true. Another season of Davis just warming the bench and getting criticised when he dosen't look that great getting 10 minutes in game we're losing again.

If we want a good cup run this year we need more upfront, unfair to demand Ollie can pretty much play every minute of 50 games potentially.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #4013 on: July 02, 2021, 12:08:24 PM »

Lazio were demanding 100m a while back and they also qualify for CL on occassions (were in it last season). Thought he only had two years on his deal so they might have to sell him but one report I read said he had 3 years left.

No different really to someone in Spain or Italy with no soft spot for us wondering why on earth Grealish hasn't moved from team finishing 17th and 11th in last two seasons.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #4014 on: July 02, 2021, 12:15:20 PM »

A mistake if true. Another season of Davis just warming the bench and getting criticised when he dosen't look that great getting 10 minutes in game we're losing again.

If we want a good cup run this year we need more upfront, unfair to demand Ollie can pretty much play every minute of 50 games potentially.

Unless Wesley's got the most out of the summer and looks good in pre-season.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #4015 on: July 02, 2021, 12:15:37 PM »
Surely we aren't going to try to wing it and hope we don't get any injuries up front for the third season running? That tactic nearly relegated us once.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #4016 on: July 02, 2021, 12:22:23 PM »

Unless Wesley's got the most out of the summer and looks good in pre-season.

Yes hopefully Wes can score a goal or two early as that would push his confidence levels up a fair.

I'd still have him in the Davis role tbh. Two strikers on the bench and he's more the one who comes on last 15 minutes after the first one in games we're losing or drawing.

Would imagine the plan is he'll start our early games in league cup to have a look at his fitness levels in competitive games.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #4017 on: July 02, 2021, 12:25:57 PM »
Surely we aren't going to try to wing it and hope we don't get any injuries up front for the third season running? That tactic nearly relegated us once.

Talk Traore would be played as CF if needed as apparently he played there one season at Lyon.

Now I like him but his on field awareness at times dosen't strike me as someone who'd be brilliant holding the ball up with back to goal or making the runs off the ball we need and Ollie is ace at.

El Ghazi had a go as false 9 when all the strikers were injured in Jan 2020 but obvious that couldn't be long term tactic.

It's odd. Leicester currently got three top level strikers in their squad and this is team that have finished 5th two years running. We'll sign one I'm sure.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #4018 on: July 02, 2021, 12:32:14 PM »
They’ll take a look at how Wesley is doing in early pre-season and that will inform the decision which is fair enough. If he’s looking sharp perhaps we go for another forward who could play wide and if he’s not, a more like-for-like replacement for Watkins.

On Leicester - who look like they’re recruiting well again - assume their latest striker signing means they won’t be after the Celtic forward we were also linked with, is he any good? I’ve not watched any Scottish football in a very long time.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 12:34:14 PM by Matt C »

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #4019 on: July 02, 2021, 12:33:44 PM »
A point I've made a few times.  I'm not sure £40m on Tammy is the right answer, but for me we do need real squad depth.  Davis certainly isn't the answer and I very much doubt Wes is either.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal