collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Clampy
[Today at 06:17:55 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Re: Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:25:50 PM]

Re: Official Website by Chris Harte
[Today at 06:22:03 PM]

Re: FFP by Dave
[Today at 06:21:29 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Clampy
[Today at 06:21:29 PM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1125972 times)

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #3720 on: June 27, 2021, 08:54:21 PM »
Sanches for Lille is some player.   

Yeah, looks pretty good and they seem to be selling all their players.

Thought Jensen looked decent for Denmark yesterday. Turns out he plays for Brentford 🙄

Online john2710

« Reply #3721 on: June 27, 2021, 09:09:26 PM »
At the right price it's a no-brainer, Tammy would be a big improvement on Davies & Wes. It would also address the risk of losing Watkins to injury or form. Having £30m players on the bench is a measure of how far we've come.

Offline Lescottstweets

« Reply #3722 on: June 27, 2021, 09:39:56 PM »
At the right price it's a no-brainer, Tammy would be a big improvement on Davies & Wes. It would also address the risk of losing Watkins to injury or form. Having £30m players on the bench is a measure of how far we've come.

Couldn’t agree more, surprise some think Abraham is a backwards step…it really isnt

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3723 on: June 27, 2021, 10:07:41 PM »

Yeah, looks pretty good and they seem to be selling all their players.

Thought Jensen looked decent for Denmark yesterday. Turns out he plays for Brentford 🙄

It's Maehler, their right back, I like. Plays for Atalanta but joined from Genk about 3 years ago. Wrong timing for when we were shopping in Belgium.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #3724 on: June 28, 2021, 08:46:57 AM »

Completely agree.

Online jwarry

« Reply #3725 on: June 28, 2021, 10:25:44 AM »

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3726 on: June 28, 2021, 10:27:40 AM »

Completely agree.

True but "right price" and "£30m" are doing a lot of work there when every report about Tammy for months has said £40m. The latter isn't the right price, the former isn't far off. If we were being linked with him for £2025m I'd be fine with it but for £40m I want a player where we aren't having to move one of our best players from last season out of position to fit a new signing in.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3727 on: June 28, 2021, 10:31:31 AM »
Whilst I like that we're after Smith-Rowe, despite Arsenal saying 'not-for-sale', I do wonder how we'd feel if Man City behaved the same way towards us.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #3728 on: June 28, 2021, 10:33:14 AM »

Completely agree.

True but "right price" and "£30m" are doing a lot of work there when every report about Tammy for months has said £40m. The latter isn't the right price, the former isn't far off. If we were being linked with him for £2025m I'd be fine with it but for £40m I want a player where we aren't having to move one of our best players from last season out of position to fit a new signing in.
I think he might be a tad overpriced at that.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #3729 on: June 28, 2021, 10:35:27 AM »
Yes BUT remember when Spurs signed a player from Newcastle for an enormous fee because he had a stormer in the WC for France? That really didn't turn out well.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #3730 on: June 28, 2021, 10:39:31 AM »
No way would we break our record transfer fee to provide cover for Watkins or that Tammy would come as cover. He could go as a guaranteed starter to half the clubs in the premiership and if they couldn't afford the fee he'd go on loan. If he did arrive he'd be playing either up front with Watkins wide or vice-versa

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3731 on: June 28, 2021, 10:52:35 AM »
Whilst I like that we're after Smith-Rowe, despite Arsenal saying 'not-for-sale', I do wonder how we'd feel if Man City behaved the same way towards us.

Keep making bids? Nothing much wrong with that, that's how transfers work.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3732 on: June 28, 2021, 10:54:33 AM »

Keep making bids? Nothing much wrong with that, that's how transfers work.

You can imagine the meltdown though.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3733 on: June 28, 2021, 10:57:23 AM »
I'd hope that there's be better value for money out there than Tammy, but I'd still be pleased if we bought him. For a start, he's a known quantity and a very good player.

At the moment, we have the following as potential wide attacking players: Jack, Buendia, Traore, El Ghazi and Watkins. I haven't included Trez at the moment because of the injury, but I'd actually add Ollie in there, as I think he'd be just as good playing slightly wider, and wouldn't lose much of his attacking intent given he's constantly running all over the attacking third anyway.

On the other hand, as a proper out-and-out striker, we have Ollie, and that's it. As much as we all want Davis to work, it really isn't likely that it's going to, and unfortunately I'd say the same for Wesley. If we bought Tammy, we could easily play him in most games, eg

Tammy
Jack Buendia Ollie

Obviously you could then play Traore in Ollie's spot if needed, and Ollie up front, or Buendia wider and Traore more central. We need to get away from the idea that we have the first 11 and then a set of subs who are nowhere near as good as the players they are replacing. Similarly Smith needs to get on board with proper in game management and not only rotating players when they're knackered. Also if Jack does stay, I reckon his injury is going to need managing.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #3734 on: June 28, 2021, 11:00:21 AM »
In my view its just my opinion, i think offering  30m with various add ons to make the deal worth 40m i think chelsea would accept that.

If its something like 3m if he scores x amount of goals its win win for us as we would have benefited from his goals.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal