collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by ADVILLAFAN
[Today at 07:12:50 PM]

The NFL Thread (with added College Football) by ADVILLAFAN
[Today at 07:11:39 PM]

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:11:12 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 07:10:50 PM]

Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:07:58 PM]

MOTD by danno
[Today at 07:03:54 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Footy-Vill
[Today at 07:01:51 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:55:23 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by ADVILLAFAN
[Today at 07:12:50 PM]

Re: The NFL Thread (with added College Football) by ADVILLAFAN
[Today at 07:11:39 PM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:11:12 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 07:10:50 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Tayls_7
[Today at 07:10:25 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:07:58 PM]

Re: FFP by ChicagoLion
[Today at 07:06:23 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by django
[Today at 07:06:09 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1126172 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #3645 on: June 26, 2021, 09:18:53 PM »
If you were Abraham, surely you'd have eyes on being Kane's replacement at Spurs and playing nearly every game or if that doesn't pay off, going to West Ham and playing nearly every game.

That's a very good point, makes more sense than joining us atm.

Of the two West Ham. In Europe, good balanced team with lots of good players. He’d have to compete with Antonio and Yarmalenko, and you assume Benrahma will be better. He stays in London too. Spurs look a bit of a mess right now.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #3646 on: June 26, 2021, 10:09:07 PM »
For the cost of £40 million we should be bringing in an upgrade at centre forward. Is Abraham an upgrade on Ollie Watkins, absolutely not. So save your money.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3647 on: June 26, 2021, 10:11:17 PM »
For the cost of £40 million we should be bringing in an upgrade at centre forward. Is Abraham an upgrade on Ollie Watkins, absolutely not. So save your money.

I’m not sure that’s true though. Is Ollie worth more than £40m in this market? I’d say absolutely. So £40m isn’t going to be an upgrade on him.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #3648 on: June 26, 2021, 10:18:17 PM »
Possibly Paul, but is Abraham really worth breaking our record for? Super Sub? No way better than Ollie.  Surely better value elsewhere?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #3649 on: June 26, 2021, 10:24:09 PM »
Jared Bowen would cost north of £40m for sure. Why would West Ham, who are in the Europa sell to us? He’s a starting winger for them. And he’s done really well. Shame we couldn’t have got him instead.

I thought he was more of a sub for them after Lingard signed?

Just checked and for last few games they went with Antonio CF (and he can play wide), Benrahma, Lingard and Fornals as the three behind.

Of course it dosen't seem logical they'd sell being in europe but I meant they could trade him for 20 odd million and use that to sign Abraham and move Antonio back out wide.

And his old man is a Villa fan.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #3650 on: June 26, 2021, 10:29:31 PM »
All you need to do is think Jesus and Aguero, I doubt at any time City fans were thinking how can we fit them in to the team together. We are either going to be a big club or we are not

Really interesting what Leicester are doing.

Vardy declining but still a regular in their team, Ihencacho finally turning up for them second half of the season and now adding Patson Daka to the mix who's highly rated and scored a bit for Salzburg.

Rodgers tweaked things from always playing 4-2-3-1 to 3-4-1-2 for most of second half of the season.

For certain games we could play it ourselves although wouldn't be able to get Buendia in the team so probably a non starter.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #3651 on: June 26, 2021, 11:37:32 PM »
Some Villa fans these days are very, very strange. Imagine whining and bitching about adding more firepower options to the football team you watch religiously. It's like they don't grasp the fact that the more goals you score the better you do.

I remember when we had Angel, Dublin, Joachim, Vassell, Walker and that still wasn't enough for us so we brought in the superb Luc Nilis as well.

To be honest. I'm absolutely fuming we are not the ones getting Patson Daka for basically peanuts, and on top of that everywhere I seem to read I see lots of our supporters spouting utter bollocks about us not even needing another striker.

Last summers transfer thread.

I fully expect some of the players I mentioned at the start of this years summer transfer thread to be signed by our league rivals next summer, or sooner.

Online Villatillidie25

« Reply #3652 on: June 26, 2021, 11:38:26 PM »
Patson Daka is exactly the sort of player we should be going for. Wouldn’t expect to start every game and absolutely has the potential to become very very good

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3653 on: June 27, 2021, 08:36:20 AM »
Some Villa fans these days are very, very strange. Imagine whining and bitching about adding more firepower options to the football team you watch religiously. It's like they don't grasp the fact that the more goals you score the better you do.

I remember when we had Angel, Dublin, Joachim, Vassell, Walker and that still wasn't enough for us so we brought in the superb Luc Nilis as well.

To be honest. I'm absolutely fuming we are not the ones getting Patson Daka for basically peanuts, and on top of that everywhere I seem to read I see lots of our supporters spouting utter bollocks about us not even needing another striker.

Last summers transfer thread.

I fully expect some of the players I mentioned at the start of this years summer transfer thread to be signed by our league rivals next summer, or sooner.

Aren't you actually fuming about everything?

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #3654 on: June 27, 2021, 09:26:38 AM »
Personally I rate Abraham as a better finisher than Watkins, but not a better overall player.  I'd rate both of them better finishers than the likes of Rashford for that matter. My problem is he wouldn't come as a reserve so you'd have to play both. Now I personally don't think Abraham could play wide or off Watkins. Watkins would play wide or off Abraham but you'd have to say, why would you bother?

Offline sid1964

« Reply #3655 on: June 27, 2021, 10:50:26 AM »
Personally if we need a centre forward then why not go for the Calvert Lewin from Everton

our owners are very rich, then why not try to get better players than we currently have, rather than signing a player who wants to top up his pension and a good Championship player

I thought we had ambition to get into the top 4, the 2 players we have signed so far may get us 10th

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3656 on: June 27, 2021, 10:59:38 AM »
Personally if we need a centre forward then why not go for the Calvert Lewin from Everton

our owners are very rich, then why not try to get better players than we currently have, rather than signing a player who wants to top up his pension and a good Championship player

I thought we had ambition to get into the top 4, the 2 players we have signed so far may get us 10th

Didn't Konsa and Watkins come from the championship?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3657 on: June 27, 2021, 11:03:27 AM »
So did Cash and we brought Mings and McGinn up from that league with us, too. The two players we have signed are excellent acquisitions, and we are definitely going to sign more players. The idea that we are doing so in the hope of improving by one place in the league is crazy talk.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #3658 on: June 27, 2021, 11:35:34 AM »
If you were Abraham, surely you'd have eyes on being Kane's replacement at Spurs and playing nearly every game or if that doesn't pay off, going to West Ham and playing nearly every game.

I'm sure he had a lovely time with us, I just don't see why he'd choose to come here when the other options he'd probably have would (a) probably pay him more (b) see him play more (c) see him get to stay where he lives

I'd have no problem if we signed him, I just don't think either of us is exactly what the other needs at the moment.

Spurs and chelsea rarely do business together cant see that happening.

Offline wolfman999

« Reply #3659 on: June 27, 2021, 11:41:16 AM »
I see lots of comments about buying this player or that and the problems of trying to fit them into the team. Surely the whole point of this exercise is to build a strong squad of players and having them fighting each other likes cats in a sack to get into the starting eleven and staying there. A bench with gbp30/40M players on it would show we have arrived in the big time and how to keep them happy is down to management! Past experiences have shown the problems with having a great first team that implodes  when a couple of stars are unavailable.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal