collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:14:40 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:47 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:05:56 AM]

Kits 23/24 by villadelph
[April 29, 2024, 11:58:58 PM]

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[April 29, 2024, 11:45:39 PM]

Snooker by Brazilian Villain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:28 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by DrGonzo
[April 29, 2024, 10:59:54 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Brazilian Villain
[April 29, 2024, 10:53:45 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1126333 times)

Offline stubbsyandy

Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #2520 on: June 07, 2021, 06:34:17 PM »
Article in the Times on Jack had him saying that we don’t have anyone who can take a free kick of the quality he was experiencing in the England set up...maybe JWP is on his wish list?

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #2521 on: June 07, 2021, 06:36:18 PM »
Is there any truth to Douglas Luiz buy back clause expired yesterday?
Would be happy if it did because I do think he will grow to be a real talent in the next few years. Once someone has put their arm around him and told him to calm down and keep his head at times.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2522 on: June 07, 2021, 06:38:11 PM »
Would be happy if it did because I do think he will grow to be a real talent in the next few years. Once someone has put their arm around him and told him to calm down and keep his head at times.

Midnight on Saturday according to a few places, not sure where the story started but we'll know how true it is once his new contract is announced because that's pretty clearly been on the cards for a while just waiting for the buy back to drop off.

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #2523 on: June 07, 2021, 06:50:38 PM »

Midnight on Saturday according to a few places, not sure where the story started but we'll know how true it is once his new contract is announced because that's pretty clearly been on the cards for a while just waiting for the buy back to drop off.

I thought the dates seemed off because we didnt sign him officially until July 25th but I do remember that it dragged on for what seemed like months. Perhaps that's when the initial contact was made and that's why it's expired already. In my opinion that's as good as a new signing if true.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #2524 on: June 07, 2021, 07:40:12 PM »
I'm wondering if the board had promised money for a new AM (i.e. Buendia) and then City have approached about taking Dougie back?  The transfer fee maybe the commitment towards Prowse?

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #2525 on: June 07, 2021, 07:51:57 PM »
I’m not sure why people are worried about us losing our prized assets.
We all know the owners want to take the club onwards and upwards. We all know they are prepared to fund the manager and the club. We know they recognise the quality and value of the players we already have.
We do not need to sell players and players are not asking to leave.

I am sure any players that do leave will be surplus to requirements.

Those who stay will be on the journey onwards and upwards and will be the draw for better players coming in.

Relax and enjoy the ride, most clubs would give their eye teeth to be where we are right now.

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #2526 on: June 07, 2021, 08:00:17 PM »
We all know the owners want to take the club onwards and upwards. We all know they are prepared to fund the manager and the club. We know they recognise the quality and value of the players we already have.

Those who stay will be on the journey onwards and upwards and will be the draw for better players coming in.

Relax and enjoy the ride, most clubs would give their eye teeth to be where we are right now.

Well the worrying thing about Dougie is we have absolutely zero choice if city want him back and his buy back clause hasn't expired. Yes we have the money to replace him but will we find another incredibly promising cdm who plays for one of the best country sides in the world and still has bags of potential and  who will adapt to the English game straight away for the same 27 million city's buy back clause is? My thoughts are not an fing chance.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #2527 on: June 07, 2021, 08:02:39 PM »
Since NSWE have come in we have not sold a single player that we would've wanted to keep.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #2528 on: June 07, 2021, 08:03:43 PM »

I think it's like a form of PTSD, we've had so many years of Dougenomics through to Dr Tony, where if something good happened it was always tempered by something bad, we almost can't conceive of a situation where we buy and excellent attacking and creative player AND keep our star attacking and creative player.

Everyone has a price, even Jack, but frankly there is 0.01% chance of him being sold this summer. Short of him being the star of the Euros and Real Madrid breaking the world transfer record, he's going nowhere...

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #2529 on: June 07, 2021, 08:03:55 PM »

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #2530 on: June 07, 2021, 08:08:39 PM »
I wasn't particularlt worried over losing Luiz, he's a good player but not irreplacable.  It is a little shocking to see us attempting to sign Buendia and Ward-Prowse, when as we are largely agreed (?) a DM/CB would appear to be more of a priority.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2531 on: June 07, 2021, 08:08:53 PM »

Well the worrying thing about Dougie is we have absolutely zero choice if city want him back and his buy back clause hasn't expired. Yes we have the money to replace him but will we find another incredibly promising cdm who plays for one of the best country sides in the world and still has bags of potential and  who will adapt to the English game straight away for the same 27 million city's buy back clause is? My thoughts are not an fing chance.

The Athletic ran a piece on Luiz back in January, and they seemed to believe it would expire on the 5th. I'm not sure of their source, but if somebody with a subscription or a spare pound wants to have a look-see...
https://theathletic.co.uk/2329572/2021/01/19/douglas-luiz-football-soccer/

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #2532 on: June 07, 2021, 08:12:40 PM »
Lindlay in the U18's looks a real live potential - similar to McTominay.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2533 on: June 07, 2021, 08:13:55 PM »
I think a replacement for Barkley was our most urgent requirement. Buendia would fit that bill, if not directly then through a small tweak in set-up.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #2534 on: June 07, 2021, 08:26:59 PM »
I think a replacement for Barkley was our most urgent requirement. Buendia would fit that bill, if not directly then through a small tweak in set-up.

having read a bit more about Buendia, he is definitely a right sided attacker rather than a Ten.  Next season, I can see us playing a 433 with three number 8s, rather than a DMC and a Ten. 

433 arguably suits the players we have (incl Sansom) and also the link to Ward Prowse.  The Barkley experiment with a Ten meant the defensive burden on Luiz and SJM was often too great so this could make us more solid and also mean we need to sign less players.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal