collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1126280 times)

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #2475 on: June 07, 2021, 12:08:12 PM »
Oh, and £30m bid for Ward-Prowse....

I wonder how high we're prepared to go on signing Ward-Prowse? Saints fans think he's worth at least double that.

Some bloke on Twitter says £40m.

So probably nothing like it. I guess it all depends on whether Southampton want to sell and if he wants to move. I'd suggest he would, but as captain certainly wouldn't want to rock the boat. Southampton have been a selling club for a while though.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2476 on: June 07, 2021, 12:10:01 PM »

I wonder how high we're prepared to go on signing Ward-Prowse? Saints fans think he's worth at least double that.

So probably nothing like it. I guess it all depends on whether Southampton want to sell and if he wants to move. I'd suggest he would, but as captain certainly wouldn't want to rock the boat. Southampton have been a selling club for a while though.

You'd think that we'd have sounded out the player before making a move (and leaking to the press), and also that we'd have an idea of how in need of the money Southampton are.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2477 on: June 07, 2021, 12:11:24 PM »

You'd think that we'd have sounded out the player before making a move (and leaking to the press), and also that we'd have an idea of how in need of the money Southampton are.

Yep, perhaps it's just an agent trying to get his wages upped.. Who knows.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2478 on: June 07, 2021, 12:11:47 PM »
He's a proper Southamptoner in general though, right down to this thing they have about record consecutive starts for them and going for that record. I'd understand if he wanted to stay and only left for guaranteed Champions League etc, but if we did get him it would speak volumes about the ownership and their much-vaunted project.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2479 on: June 07, 2021, 12:12:04 PM »
Indeed.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #2480 on: June 07, 2021, 12:37:33 PM »
For me Ward-Prowse is more of a number 8 than a 6. Him and McGinn will the legs off opposition midfield and have a high press. I think those 2 with an Ndidi type player behind them with Nakamba as back-up would be really good. If that was the case, it wouldn't surprise me if we sold Sanson back to a French club for pretty much what we paid for him.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #2481 on: June 07, 2021, 12:38:29 PM »
He's a proper Southamptoner in general though,

Born in Portsmouth, family is Pompey. ;)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2482 on: June 07, 2021, 12:39:37 PM »
He's a proper Southamptoner in general though, right down to this thing they have about record consecutive starts for them and going for that record. I'd understand if he wanted to stay and only left for guaranteed Champions League etc, but if we did get him it would speak volumes about the ownership and their much-vaunted project.

From a Saints forum:
He’s no more than a fairly decent player with exceptional free-kicks which get the headlines rather than his numerous limitations.

He’s decent player for the level we are at - we benefit greatly from his set-pieces and pressing but he’s also a large part of why we are so toothless, especially when we’re chasing a goal because he doesn’t move the ball fast enough and doesn’t get into positions to pick up the ball from defence and connect us to attack quickly.

It won’t happen anyway cause he’s not worth £40m but he really wouldn’t suit Villa anyway - they need a midfielder who can get the ball to Grealish quickly and that really is JWP’s biggest weakness. Don’t think he’d be that popular there after a year.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2483 on: June 07, 2021, 12:41:59 PM »
He's a proper Southamptoner in general though,

Born in Portsmouth, family is Pompey. ;)

Was a Portsmouth season ticket holder, was mascot for them once.......but apart from that, proper Southampton.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #2484 on: June 07, 2021, 12:43:47 PM »
James Ward-Gardner

Online Duncan Shaw

« Reply #2485 on: June 07, 2021, 12:46:33 PM »

From a Saints forum:
He’s no more than a fairly decent player with exceptional free-kicks which get the headlines rather than his numerous limitations.

He’s decent player for the level we are at - we benefit greatly from his set-pieces and pressing but he’s also a large part of why we are so toothless, especially when we’re chasing a goal because he doesn’t move the ball fast enough and doesn’t get into positions to pick up the ball from defence and connect us to attack quickly.

It won’t happen anyway cause he’s not worth £40m but he really wouldn’t suit Villa anyway - they need a midfielder who can get the ball to Grealish quickly and that really is JWP’s biggest weakness. Don’t think he’d be that popular there after a year.

Best leave it then......although Brentford fans were similarly damning about Ezri Konsa!!

Offline Broadlee

« Reply #2486 on: June 07, 2021, 12:47:31 PM »
Then again it could all be a smoke screen to cover or force the hand of another player elsewhere in an attempt to get a signing early and before the Euro's.
Exciting times again.

UTV

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #2487 on: June 07, 2021, 12:48:01 PM »
he has the mark drapers about him

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #2488 on: June 07, 2021, 12:50:27 PM »
A slightly upgraded Hourihane?

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2489 on: June 07, 2021, 12:52:52 PM »
I hear them saying two different things about him on the forums, and from my point of view I think it's his positioning that seems to go undervalued.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal