collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Re: Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:25:50 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1126040 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #2310 on: June 05, 2021, 01:56:37 PM »
Be interesting to see if anyone else above us and Arsenal in the pecking order makes a bid. Sort of player you could imagine Chelsea, Liverpool City or ManU having a punt on given the price although maybe they're not as flush with cash as usual

They'd be looking at signing the players actually keeping him out of the Argentina 11.

Rodrigo De Paul (Udinese)- very good assist record in Serie A and pretty much same price as Buendia would be. Talk of Inter, Juve.....and Leeds United....

Lucas Ocampos (Sevilla)- Played for a few years in Italy and France and been brilliant pick up for Sevilla.

Buendia a little below those two hence why likes of us and Arsenal from outside top 7 are the ones seriously looking at him.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2311 on: June 05, 2021, 02:29:51 PM »
Doesn’t he talk about an away game at Reading in the book where, as a youngster, he’s eyes were opened to swearing?  Come to think of it, was that even an Arsenal game?  It’s been years since I read it.

He liked Leatherhead for a bit didn’t he? Or was that Steaming In?

Steaming In.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #2312 on: June 05, 2021, 02:38:02 PM »
Be interesting to see if anyone else above us and Arsenal in the pecking order makes a bid. Sort of player you could imagine Chelsea, Liverpool City or ManU having a punt on given the price although maybe they're not as flush with cash as usual

They'd be looking at signing the players actually keeping him out of the Argentina 11.

Rodrigo De Paul (Udinese)- very good assist record in Serie A and pretty much same price as Buendia would be. Talk of Inter, Juve.....and Leeds United....

Lucas Ocampos (Sevilla)- Played for a few years in Italy and France and been brilliant pick up for Sevilla.

Buendia a little below those two hence why likes of us and Arsenal from outside top 7 are the ones seriously looking at him.

yeah if they're the same price as Buendia i'd imagine it would be a no-brainer to go for them. I'm still not sure what classes as good value post COVID and until someone signs the likes of a Sancho i'm clueless where the market is currently.

Online jwarry

« Reply #2313 on: June 05, 2021, 02:50:51 PM »

yeah if they're the same price as Buendia i'd imagine it would be a no-brainer to go for them. I'm still not sure what classes as good value post COVID and until someone signs the likes of a Sancho i'm clueless where the market is currently.

Yes the January window was misleading as there was hardly any action.  Suspect only PL clubs can afford big transfers this close season so there must be bargains about.  Seems the shortlist is already drawn up and sounds like conversations started some time ago so I’m expecting things to move quickly from Wednesday when the window opens
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 02:52:40 PM by jwarry »

Online danno

« Reply #2314 on: June 05, 2021, 04:32:21 PM »
Some journo on twitter is saying we're now favourites to sign Buendia.
https://twitter.com/clmerlo/status/1401191375689879557?s=21

Emiliano Buendia, one step away from Aston Villa. The operation is well advanced and will be done at a figure close to 35 million euros. Arsenal, who also wanted him, never made an official offer to Norwich.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2315 on: June 05, 2021, 04:33:24 PM »
In the race for Buendia it appears we have edged ahead of Arsenal from various reports. And as this is a rumours thread I take no responsibility for being entirely wrong if he ends up with them and not us. But £40m seems to be the number now

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2316 on: June 05, 2021, 04:46:32 PM »
In the race for Buendia it appears we have edged ahead of Arsenal from various reports. And as this is a rumours thread I take no responsibility for being entirely wrong if he ends up with them and not us. But £40m seems to be the number now

"...I used to practice holding my arm up as a child in the style of the famous back 4...."

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #2317 on: June 05, 2021, 04:47:11 PM »
Big pressure with that fee.

People will be expecting about 15 goals and 10 assists from that!

Just to recap we signed Traore for about 17m I think. 7 goals and a few assists later and still many are underwhelmed. El Ghazi signed for 8m and 10 league goals this season.

Just the one for Buendia in premier league last time. Todd Cantwell scored 7 so would be big pressure on him to really up that rate given likes of El Ghazi and Traore would be playing less with his signing.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #2318 on: June 05, 2021, 04:50:45 PM »
Is it that big a fee? I mean yes it’s a big fee but those prices were being paid out a few years ago for the likes of Sigurdsson or Iwobi at Everton. He’ll be our record signing for right now but I don’t know that it should draw more attention than it will for the moment vs anything beyond that.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #2319 on: June 05, 2021, 04:53:11 PM »
Big pressure with that fee.
People will be expecting about 15 goals and 10 assists from that!
Just to recap we signed Traore for about 17m I think. 7 goals and a few assists later and still many are underwhelmed. El Ghazi signed for 8m and 10 league goals this season.
Just the one for Buendia in premier league last time. Todd Cantwell scored 7 so would be big pressure on him to really up that rate given likes of El Ghazi and Traore would be playing less with his signing.
You make a good point. He will be playing in a team that is defensively stronger and more competitive than Naarrrrich of 2019-20, when he only scored once but got several assists for a low-scoring team.
Presumably, we've done our due diligence and believe he has at least 1 or 2 more gears to find; and he is reaching his prime now - 25 in December.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2320 on: June 05, 2021, 04:53:31 PM »
One of the Norwich head-honchos was naming the price for Buendia in the press the other day, saying it should start with a '3'. So let's not got '4', yeah? Lange should be able to find a strikeforce of superstars in Scandinavia for that amount.

Online simboy

• GM : 05.11.2024
« Reply #2321 on: June 05, 2021, 04:54:20 PM »
Is it that big a fee? I mean yes it’s a big fee but those prices were being paid out a few years ago for the likes of Sigurdsson or Iwobi at Everton. He’ll be our record signing for right now but I don’t know that it should draw more attention than it will for the moment vs anything beyond that.

Fair comment. If it comes off he supposedly chose us over the Arse. That is far more important ... if it happens.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #2322 on: June 05, 2021, 04:56:32 PM »
Yeh, my comment is really that it’s a big deal for us because it’s our transfer record but in the grand scheme of things when players have gone for much more than that on a regular basis it’s not a huge deal. It certainly stands out as no other clubs are signing players so we will grab the headlines. Personally I’m delighted if this is confirmed because he looks a super player and entering the best 4 or 5 years of his career.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #2323 on: June 05, 2021, 05:05:55 PM »

Fair comment. If it comes off he supposedly chose us over the Arse. That is far more important ... if it happens.

To be fair. Arteta's pitch to new signings seems to be to guarantee a CL win in 3 years ;D  Unless Buendia's as gullible as William he probably came out of his meeting questioning his sanity.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #2324 on: June 05, 2021, 05:12:08 PM »

I'd say 40m is a big fee still.

Have Leicester or West Ham ever signed a player for that amount? Even Spurs don't tend to go that big bar Ndombele signing who was about 50m.

25-30m and I have no issue. Ollie felt a bit overpriced last summer but he's more than proved his worth.

However 40m and I'm expecting a player who can properly lift us into the top 6 and just feels like that's some better value abroad. Perhaps we'll sign one of those aswell.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal