collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:43:32 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:43:32 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Re: Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1126055 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #2190 on: June 04, 2021, 09:10:10 AM »
Ah, okay. So he's not going to the Copa America? Norwich were Tweeting that he could make his international debut a couple of hours before kick off.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2191 on: June 04, 2021, 09:24:57 AM »

If this Buendia is as good as people on here say he is then I hope we get him (but I have a feeling he may prefer Living the London life style)

He's been living in Norfolk, the excitement of London would be too much for him in one go. Better he works up to it with say, 5 years in Birmingham first.

"Where are all the 50ft chickens and big eared farm boys?"

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2192 on: June 04, 2021, 09:40:54 AM »
Ah, okay. So he's not going to the Copa America? Norwich were Tweeting that he could make his international debut a couple of hours before kick off.

A few players (including their goalkeeper) have negative tests but he wasn't even in the matchday squad.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #2193 on: June 04, 2021, 10:01:43 AM »
Maybe I’m being naive, but why would Norwich, after just being promoted, let their best player go? They won’t want to make the same mistakes as last time

I think it's a case of lesson learned from last time.  Coming up and having a couple of outstanding players, but very little behind that isn't good enough to stay in the premier league - as they've shown. Buendia was 4th in the 'chances created' stats last time they were up, and they still went down.  You're much better off with a dozen pretty solid players, even if it means selling your best asset to acquire some of them.  We were very fortunate to have owners who afford to build a squad without selling our biggest assets.  Norwich don't have that luxury.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #2194 on: June 04, 2021, 10:10:42 AM »
Maybe I’m being naive, but why would Norwich, after just being promoted, let their best player go? They won’t want to make the same mistakes as last time

Their DoF said in BBC article that they have a £30m hole in their turnover due to COVID so they’re likely to sell one of Buendia, Cantwell or Aarons.  To paraphrase, he said it would be a record transfer and the price would need to start with a three.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2195 on: June 04, 2021, 10:19:44 AM »

Their DoF said in BBC article that they have a £30m hole in their turnover due to COVID so they’re likely to sell one of Buendia, Cantwell or Aarons.  To paraphrase, he said it would be a record transfer and the price would need to start with a three.

And despite that sealing their relegation, which was a certainty anyway, they're apparently our rivals for next season.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2196 on: June 04, 2021, 10:26:34 AM »
They're a weird one, Norwich. This is their fourth promotion to the PL in the last ten years. Kinda wonder why they bother making the effort, only to generally follow it up by not making an effort.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2197 on: June 04, 2021, 10:30:03 AM »
I think they acceprt Buendia wants to move on.  I was surprised nobody picked him up last summer.

Offline Dante Lavelli

« Reply #2198 on: June 04, 2021, 10:36:08 AM »
They're a weird one, Norwich. This is their fourth promotion to the PL in the last ten years. Kinda wonder why they bother making the effort, only to generally follow it up by not making an effort.

There’s been a few good articles written about Norwich following their promotion.  They acknowledge that there’s no money beyond that generated by the club and sales. They will have planned to sell Buendia this summer and I would not be surprised if they’ve deliberately raised his profile to optimise his price.  I’d also expect them to have players lined up to slot in to the squad too once the money is in the bank.

It must be crap as a fan but they (almost?) went bust when they tried to over stretch themselves previously.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2199 on: June 04, 2021, 10:52:21 AM »

More exciting than being midtable year in, year out.

Online danno

« Reply #2200 on: June 04, 2021, 10:54:24 AM »

There’s been a few good articles written about Norwich following their promotion.  They acknowledge that there’s no money beyond that generated by the club and sales. They will have planned to sell Buendia this summer and I would not be surprised if they’ve deliberately raised his profile to optimise his price.  I’d also expect them to have players lined up to slot in to the squad too once the money is in the bank.

It must be crap as a fan but they (almost?) went bust when they tried to over stretch themselves previously.

One thing the Norwich fans can take comfort in is that their owners don't take money out of the club. Even if they don't lash out on players, they do invest in the club and its facilities.

Example:  https://www.lsiarchitects.co.uk/latest-news/norwich-city-football-club-unveil-new-academy-facility/?cookie=ok

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #2201 on: June 04, 2021, 11:03:21 AM »

Yeah, I sympathise with them but see them as perpetually overachieving - they've managed to make themselves too good for the Championship despite being a size where ... well, other similarly sized clubs mainly exist between the Championship and League 1, with an occasional dalliance with top flight football. They could probably pay Buendia a kings ransom to stay for another 12 months, but then what? Go down again because they've got largely the same squad that was relegated 2 years before. It's PM probably not a bad move for them to shift him on, build the side around Aarons and Cantwell, try to build a squad that can stay up but if not will definitely have another pop at it in 2 seasons time

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #2202 on: June 04, 2021, 11:04:07 AM »
They have nice colours.

Offline Dante Lavelli

« Reply #2203 on: June 04, 2021, 11:13:13 AM »

Yeah, I sympathise with them but see them as perpetually overachieving - they've managed to make themselves too good for the Championship despite being a size where ... well, other similarly sized clubs mainly exist between the Championship and League 1, with an occasional dalliance with top flight football. They could probably pay Buendia a kings ransom to stay for another 12 months, but then what? Go down again because they've got largely the same squad that was relegated 2 years before. It's PM probably not a bad move for them to shift him on, build the side around Aarons and Cantwell, try to build a squad that can stay up but if not will definitely have another pop at it in 2 seasons time

I like their honest and realistic approach.  They’ve grown the club by investing in training facilities and a good youth system.  Typically have a succession plan in place for when players do leave (i.e Buendia replaced madisson).  I can see them making Skipp a permanent deal if/when Buendia leaves.

Conversely Bournemouth now appear to be screwed because all they did was offer big wages.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2204 on: June 04, 2021, 11:29:37 AM »
They have nice colours.

And lovely countryside.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal