collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:50:44 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by brontebilly
[Today at 06:46:52 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:50:44 PM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by brontebilly
[Today at 06:46:52 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 06:45:56 PM]

[Today at 06:43:32 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1126125 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #2145 on: June 02, 2021, 09:59:56 PM »
He'd be a great but unlikely addition, I don't think they're that stupid, surely?

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #2146 on: June 03, 2021, 07:54:32 AM »
The Telegraph linking us with Smith-Rowe from Arsenal. I'd say its a non starter but then again, Arsenal are stupid.
It feels like a way to get his new contract sorted as talks seemed to have stalled. Love him at Villa but can't see it happening.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #2147 on: June 03, 2021, 08:47:20 AM »
The Telegraph linking us with Smith-Rowe from Arsenal. I'd say its a non starter but then again, Arsenal are stupid.
It feels like a way to get his new contract sorted as talks seemed to have stalled. Love him at Villa but can't see it happening.
Regardless, it's nice being the club who other team's bright young things are being linked to rather than the other way round :)

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #2148 on: June 03, 2021, 08:57:02 AM »
We’re in a pretty good position to get top class British players now. On the up, we can afford decent wages and there’s a good vibe round the club, as we’ve got a manager who is straight down the line and tells it how it is. Great training facilities and midlands handily placed if you need to get anywhere else regularly.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #2149 on: June 03, 2021, 09:27:02 AM »
Remember  a young player we signed from Arsenal- Keown he was soon off as soon as he could

Think he regretted joining us

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #2150 on: June 03, 2021, 09:43:22 AM »
I just think we should try and break the bank for Bellingham, he's just what we need and it would be soooo funny.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2151 on: June 03, 2021, 09:55:58 AM »
In all the times I have seen Burnley play, I have never, ever thought to myself, I wish that Chris Wood played for us.
Having watched Samatta, Wes and Keinan trundle around for us I've certainly thought he'd probably do a better job as a plan B off the bench.  With that said, I'm certainly not suggesting we sign him.

Given their comparative ages I don't think that's a reasonable comparison. When Wood was the same age as Wesley and Davis he was trundling around in the championship looking like a bargain Gestede. I get that you're judging on who they are no and not who they can be but I think it's important to remember that both are still young players who have shown they can be useful for us.
I was judging on what we needed right there and then as we struggled for Premier League survival.  Even last season, I would have preferred Wood on the bench than Keinan.  And if it was a straight choice between the four (Sammatta, Wes, Keinan & Wood), I'd feel the same for next season too.  Maybe Wes and Keinan will become excellent players in the long run, but in my view they are not good enough right now.  If either go on to have as many appearances or score as many goals in the PL as Wood then I'll be surprised.

Again, I'm not advocating we buy him, but he's a better player than people are giving him credit for.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2152 on: June 03, 2021, 10:04:13 AM »
I just think we should try and break the bank for Bellingham, he's just what we need and it would be soooo funny.
I honestly don't think he'd join us because of the rivalry.  He posts stuff like he could 'never playe for a club he didn't love' and shite like that.  Well that and the fact he's developing brilliantly at Dortmund, loving his time there and will be one of the most sought after young English players in the next few years and will probably be able to pick his club.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #2153 on: June 03, 2021, 11:01:36 AM »
I honestly don't think he'd join us because of the rivalry.  He posts stuff like he could 'never playe for a club he didn't love' and shite like that.  Well that and the fact he's developing brilliantly at Dortmund, loving his time there and will be one of the most sought after young English players in the next few years and will probably be able to pick his club.

He's a kid, he will grow up in a year or two.  He's the kind of player I'd like to see in that role for us next season. Seeing our neighbours un-retiring the shirt would be something else too.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2154 on: June 03, 2021, 11:04:08 AM »
In all the times I have seen Burnley play, I have never, ever thought to myself, I wish that Chris Wood played for us.
Having watched Samatta, Wes and Keinan trundle around for us I've certainly thought he'd probably do a better job as a plan B off the bench.  With that said, I'm certainly not suggesting we sign him.

Given their comparative ages I don't think that's a reasonable comparison. When Wood was the same age as Wesley and Davis he was trundling around in the championship looking like a bargain Gestede. I get that you're judging on who they are no and not who they can be but I think it's important to remember that both are still young players who have shown they can be useful for us.
I was judging on what we needed right there and then as we struggled for Premier League survival.  Even last season, I would have preferred Wood on the bench than Keinan.  And if it was a straight choice between the four (Sammatta, Wes, Keinan & Wood), I'd feel the same for next season too.  Maybe Wes and Keinan will become excellent players in the long run, but in my view they are not good enough right now.  If either go on to have as many appearances or score as many goals in the PL as Wood then I'll be surprised.

Again, I'm not advocating we buy him, but he's a better player than people are giving him credit for.

I agree.

Online jwarry

« Reply #2155 on: June 03, 2021, 12:48:39 PM »

I think he comes from Stourbridge which is not known as blue nose territory, but as his kid brother is also in the scum’s academy I take he’s born and inbred?

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #2156 on: June 03, 2021, 01:04:37 PM »
Benteke has just signed a two year extension at palace after an impressive run towards the end of the season - nothing like losing £130k a week to concentrate the mind.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2157 on: June 03, 2021, 01:13:53 PM »
Benteke has just signed a two year extension at palace after an impressive run towards the end of the season - nothing like losing £130k a week to concentrate the mind.

Some man, useless for years with Palace but with contract end date coming up he goes on a scoring spree. Looked a right handful in the box last few months. No doubt will go back to semi retirement now.

Online WassallVillain

« Reply #2158 on: June 03, 2021, 01:31:06 PM »
Agreed and have mooted this previously. Can’t see why it’s not possible. Offer him a ton and instruct him to play the homesick card. He will know better than most how on the up we are being in the business and a local lad.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 01:34:04 PM by WassallVillain »

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2159 on: June 03, 2021, 01:43:12 PM »
I mean he is at Dortmund who are playing Champions League football and who also have a proven track record of developing youngsters. I can’t see why he’d be in a rush to leave.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal