collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Re: Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:25:50 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1126047 times)

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #1995 on: May 30, 2021, 02:32:04 PM »
Benteke has had about 15 good games in 6 years - it's a no from me. As much as he can be unplayable on his day.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1996 on: May 30, 2021, 02:50:38 PM »
I think we need to be looking forward rather than going back for players who did well for us in the second division.

On the subject of former players, what about Benteke?  Anyone coming in is likely to be second choice to Watkins, so he would likely be starting on the bench and working from there.  If (and it’s a sizeable ‘if’) he could recover his form then he would be an asset and if not, he’s out of contract so wouldn’t cost us a transfer fee. 

Can I shock you? I like wine.

He was on daft money at Palace. If he was happy to come as a backup on £30k per week (I still can't believe that that would be considered a derisory wage for any human) then it could be worth considering if there are no up and coming players who'd do the same.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1997 on: May 30, 2021, 02:53:52 PM »
I hope Emi is in the ear of Buendia every hour of every day. It looks like Emi could be getting his first cap for Argentina on the 3rd of June against Chile, followed by an away trip to Colombia. After that it's the Copa America. Buendia is likely to be watching either from the bench or stand. Come on, Buendia, you know it makes sense.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1998 on: May 30, 2021, 02:58:20 PM »
I think we need to be looking forward rather than going back for players who did well for us in the second division.

On the subject of former players, what about Benteke?  Anyone coming in is likely to be second choice to Watkins, so he would likely be starting on the bench and working from there.  If (and it’s a sizeable ‘if’) he could recover his form then he would be an asset and if not, he’s out of contract so wouldn’t cost us a transfer fee. 

He was on daft money at Palace. If he was happy to come as a backup on £30k per week (I still can't believe that that would be considered a derisory wage for any human) then it could be worth considering if there are no up and coming players who'd do the same.

Reports in some papers are suggesting that Palace are looking at re-signing him on a reduced wage.  I just think it might be a difficult job bringing in a quality forward who knows they will be coming in as second choice.

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #1999 on: May 30, 2021, 03:10:30 PM »
Tuanzebe is always injured and wasn't even that good in the first place. The obsession with him is bizarre.

It really is. If he hadn't played for us briefly, nobody here would even have heard of him, let alone want to sign him.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #2000 on: May 30, 2021, 03:38:57 PM »
I think this is the window we should go for some top quality experience. A gnarly old pro from a routinely established Champions League team. Someone in front of the defence who everyone learns from and that can point the way to a sustained top 6 lifestyle.

Would hate for us to shit the bed as it gets closer because we don’t have that experience.
Yeah, I was thinking that. We need our equivalent of Cambiasso for Leicester. Solid rock of a player to sit in midfield, show everyone how it's done, pass on some experience to Dougie to help take him up a level.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #2001 on: May 30, 2021, 04:11:11 PM »

Reports in some papers are suggesting that Palace are looking at re-signing him on a reduced wage.  I just think it might be a difficult job bringing in a quality forward who knows they will be coming in as second choice.

Bring one in as first choice then  8)

richtheholtender

« Reply #2002 on: May 30, 2021, 04:53:47 PM »
What would be nice is if we can get our business done early.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2003 on: May 30, 2021, 05:29:24 PM »
I'm not sure that Loftus-Cheek gets in our current midfield, and consensus seems to be that is the area we need to be improving on.

I'm not sure he made much of an impression at Fulham

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2004 on: May 30, 2021, 06:04:45 PM »
Tuanzebe, Loftus-Cheek and Ambraham, all players rejected by clubs where we want to be as not good enough and yet I get the impression that a huge amount of Villa fans would consider that a good window.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #2005 on: May 30, 2021, 06:26:10 PM »
Abraham - good signing
Tuanzebe - could replace Engels - but wouldn't play over Mings and/or Konsa
RLC - Avoid.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #2006 on: May 30, 2021, 06:26:38 PM »
Tuanzebe, Loftus-Cheek and Ambraham, all players rejected by clubs where we want to be as not good enough and yet I get the impression that a huge amount of Villa fans would consider that a good window.

Emi Martinez was rejected for 7 years by a club (at the time) where we want to be as not good enough. Tyrone Mings wasn't good enough to be in the Bournemouth first team. Matt Targett wasn't considered first team material by Southampton.

Of course not to say that all of those you've named will be as good for us as Emi (personally I wouldn't want Loftus-Cheek); but I'm not sure that how their current club rate them is the be all and end all. What they could be is more important.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #2007 on: May 30, 2021, 06:34:27 PM »
Just because the latest in a long line of Chelsea managers doesn't rate Abraham doesn't mean he can't make himself a success elsewhere. Teams that have more money than sense, like Chelsea, will always go for the latest flavour of the month especially in forward positions.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #2008 on: May 30, 2021, 06:38:36 PM »
Just because the latest in a long line of Chelsea managers doesn't rate Abraham doesn't mean he can't make himself a success elsewhere. Teams that have more money than sense, like Chelsea, will always go for the latest flavour of the month especially in forward positions.
I think Abraham would have out-scored Werner if he would have started as many games - but you can't really argue with what they've achieved this season. Werner in their side works.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2009 on: May 30, 2021, 06:46:46 PM »
Tuchel tactics are defensive , they press drop press drop and they sit pretty deep. Therefore they need to counter at speed, Werner is perfectly suited to that role Tammy isn’t.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal