collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 11:06:58 PM]

Snooker by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 11:00:28 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by DrGonzo
[Today at 10:59:54 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:53:45 PM]

FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 10:49:02 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by DrGonzo
[Today at 10:48:26 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[Today at 10:41:39 PM]

Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 10:02:51 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1126299 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #1770 on: May 26, 2021, 07:44:14 PM »
If we had him we would only need Argentina to see sense and cap Martinez and we'd have had an international for all the proper football countries.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1771 on: May 26, 2021, 07:46:41 PM »
Linked with Flamengo Uruguayan Winger Giorgian de Arrascaeta (or George to his mates).

26 years old and was voted Uruguayan player of the year.

If he can be persuaded to leave Brazil, he's be a great replacement for Barkley playing the 10. We certainly need to add some creativity to the side.

He's from Nuevo Berlin so may have antecedents who had to leave Germany in a hurry circa 1945 which is fine.

However he's a Flamenguista. :(

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1772 on: May 26, 2021, 07:46:52 PM »
Linked with Flamengo Uruguayan Winger Giorgian de Arrascaeta (or George to his mates).

If he can be persuaded to leave Brazil, he's be a great replacement for Barkley playing the 10. We certainly need to add some creativity to the side.

We've already made two lads swap Brazil for Brum (indirectly), let's make it a hattrick.

Talking of Doug..

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1773 on: May 26, 2021, 08:39:43 PM »
I dunno if there is any truth in this Buendia link, and youtube showreels yada yada but this is really, really impressive. The ball sticks to his feet.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1774 on: May 26, 2021, 08:47:18 PM »
I dunno if there is any truth in this Buendia link, and youtube showreels yada yada but this is really, really impressive. The ball sticks to his feet.

I'm Sold. He'll end up at Arsenal now.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1775 on: May 26, 2021, 08:47:46 PM »
£1m Buendia cost from Getafe. Would love to see us identify young signings like that, loan them out and then them to come back as the fully developed player instead of having to pay £40m.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #1776 on: May 26, 2021, 08:58:02 PM »
Again, we can't sign £1 million players from Getafe. Nobody can anymore. The only young stars you can sign who don't already have loads of caps/European trophy experience are those with a British (or Irish) passport.

Judging by the Youth Cup, we seem to be doing pretty well at identifying young British talent already.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 09:00:29 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1777 on: May 26, 2021, 09:06:26 PM »
£1m Buendia cost from Getafe. Would love to see us identify young signings like that, loan them out and then them to come back as the fully developed player instead of having to pay £40m.

I was just about to post the same. How on earth did he escape so many clubs. The same with Pereira at Albion. If we bought both it would cost us the fatter part of £70m. Yet they cost a fraction of that. I know we have our own like that. Konsa, Targett, Bert, Cash, Emi etc etc are all worth a lot more too, but Buendia is an absolute steal.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #1778 on: May 26, 2021, 09:36:01 PM »
Again, we can't sign £1 million players from Getafe. Nobody can anymore. The only young stars you can sign who don't already have loads of caps/European trophy experience are those with a British (or Irish) passport.

Judging by the Youth Cup, we seem to be doing pretty well at identifying young British talent already.

Just in case anyone is unsure what I'm on about and and interested: had a look at this and seems the rules might not be as strict as I thought, but would still be unlikely to pick up an unknown player with no caps who hadn't regularly played in Europe or a major European league.

The rules have become slightly more generous for non-EU players, with South Americans, particularly, likely to benefit.

Decent article here...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/worldfootballindex.com/2020/12/work-permits-premier-league-post-brexit-english-clubs-efl-libertadores/amp/

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1779 on: May 26, 2021, 09:58:42 PM »
Wing goalkeeper, I assume. Quite like the sound of that, could be really attacking.

Lambert spotted them after being invited to a top secret Dortmund training camp.

Was it from that trip that he came back with the idea playing the ball backwards from goal kicks?

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1780 on: May 26, 2021, 10:00:58 PM »
Wing goalkeeper, I assume. Quite like the sound of that, could be really attacking.

Lambert spotted them after being invited to a top secret Dortmund training camp.

Was it from that trip that he came back with the idea playing the ball backwards from goal kicks?

Edit - wrong thread
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 10:07:27 PM by LeeB »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #1781 on: May 26, 2021, 10:09:43 PM »
I was confused for a moment.

Offline dr.chekov

« Reply #1782 on: May 27, 2021, 11:44:14 AM »

He's from Nuevo Berlin so may have antecedents who had to leave Germany in a hurry circa 1945 which is fine.

My Flamengo supporting friend just emailed me:

“…if you buy Arrasca I'll start supporting Birmingham... he is great, amazing player. A bit quiet sometimes, but a magician when inspired.” 

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1783 on: May 27, 2021, 12:10:45 PM »

My Flamengo supporting friend just emailed me:

“…if you buy Arrasca I'll start supporting Birmingham... he is great, amazing player. A bit quiet sometimes, but a magician when inspired.” 

Is his name Jair? https://twitter.com/flamenguistasc1?lang=pt

One of my clients is a big Flamengo fan but I'll wait till the link becomes more concrete. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we're interested in a left-sided winger like him though.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1784 on: May 27, 2021, 12:34:21 PM »
I see Spurs want Pochettino back and have already been discussing it with him. This is very very bad news for us. We need to strike this coming season or it might get too late - again.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal