collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Clampy
[Today at 06:17:55 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Re: Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:25:50 PM]

Re: Official Website by Chris Harte
[Today at 06:22:03 PM]

Re: FFP by Dave
[Today at 06:21:29 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1126009 times)

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #1725 on: May 25, 2021, 08:53:39 PM »
I’d rather take a look at Dan James as a speedy winger with potential. Although I’m sure there’s better out there.

Maybe his confidence is shot but any time I saw him this season he reminded me of a faster version of Trez...

Offline Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #1726 on: May 25, 2021, 09:18:08 PM »
I’d rather take a look at Dan James as a speedy winger with potential. Although I’m sure there’s better out there.

Maybe his confidence is shot but any time I saw him this season he reminded me of a faster version of Trez...
You may well be right. I confess I’ve not seen a lot of him this season (watching them cheat when they’re playing us is hard enough) but I thought when he first went there he had something more than just pace (which is a good start and IMO the first ingredient in whoever we look at). Happy for those more informed to offer better solutions. Just looking forward to and hoping for the exciting summer that’s been talked about ahead of getting back there in august.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1727 on: May 25, 2021, 09:19:56 PM »
At half the price of a 'bidding war' Tammy, I'd take Luka Jovic. IF his temprement is okay and he's fizzing to show the world he's still the best young striker in Europe after an awful Real Madrid experience, I'd like Deano and Terry to kick him into shape then unleash him next season.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2021/5/25/22450911/barcelona-juventus-inter-milan-manchester-city-bayern-munich-gosens-real-madrid-hazard-jovic-bale

Why will he be half the price if Real paid 60m euros for him?

They want to sell him given he's flopped there and no-one is paying anywhere near that. I thought he'd just go back to Frankfurt permanently but they missed out on CL so perhaps not. Pretty good goalscoring record in Bundesliga.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1728 on: May 25, 2021, 09:22:45 PM »
I quite like Buendia but he was too weak when they were in the league last year so I'd be a bit nervous unless he's learned how to handle himself better.

Hasn't he been sent off about three times in championship this season?

Clever player, would link up well with Jack but not that quick.

He's just been called up by Argentina for first time so get the feeling he wants to move to make sure he stays in the squad up to world cup so probably feels he needs higher profile club than Norwich.

I suspect he'll end up at Arsenal but can certainly see why DS would like him.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #1729 on: May 26, 2021, 06:45:42 AM »
Buendia, reminds me of Sasa Curcic, who was fabulous for Bolton but did virtually nothing for us except cost us a lot of money

It would be difficult to see where Buendia would fit into our team and system?

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1730 on: May 26, 2021, 08:32:55 AM »
I would prefer Pereira to Buendia, as I think the latter is a bit lightweight

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1731 on: May 26, 2021, 08:50:36 AM »
I still want Messi, thanks.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #1732 on: May 26, 2021, 08:56:59 AM »
40m seems a bit steep for buendia when he's got 12 months left on his contract. 20m mebbe

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #1733 on: May 26, 2021, 09:15:33 AM »
Think we're all forgetting that we have a mandatory allocation of players signed from teams beginning with 'B'.   We excelled in summer 2019 with players from Brentford (Konsa), Bournemouth (Mings), Burnley (Heaton), Brugge (Wes and Marv), and Birmingham City (Jota).  However, last summer was a complete disaster, with only Ollie Watkins (Brentford) coming in.

I'd be willing to put that down to the change in recruitment team, with the clearly under-researched transfers.  I mean, come on - from the schoolboy error of signing Bertie Traore and Ross Barkley because their names start with a B, all the way through the complete fuck up of Emi Martinez (signed from an 'A' club), and to be honest I don't know where Matty Cash came in to the equation.  An adjacent letter from the wrong name?  I mean, that's just amateur hour scouting.

I want to see us sign players exclusively from Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund this summer to make up for the clusterfuck that was the last transfer window.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1734 on: May 26, 2021, 09:28:35 AM »
I would prefer Pereira to Buendia, as I think the latter is a bit lightweight
I'm not sure about that, Buendia is an Argentian scrapper who used to play rugby.  He looks solid enough to me with great balance and a low centre of gravity.  I think it took a while for the penny to drop in the PL, but I'm pretty sure he gets it now.

Whether we can do better for £40m+ or whether he has his sights on a team in Eurpope is another matter.  But I would think he could be an excellent asset if we do go for him. 

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1735 on: May 26, 2021, 09:31:53 AM »
Buendia can play wide or central, so I think he fits in just fine.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #1736 on: May 26, 2021, 09:50:56 AM »
There was chat on the Totally Football podcast about the best player outside the top 6.  Nearly everyone said Grealish but there was one pundit who picked Buendia despite him being in the championship.  I recall his stats were very good for a period in the season Norwich were relegated and has seemingly improved.

If he only has 12-months left then £40m is crazy money but he’d definitely be on my list to look at (along with Pereira and Van de Beek at Man U) for the number 10 role. 

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1737 on: May 26, 2021, 09:52:30 AM »
There was chat on the Totally Football podcast about the best player outside the top 6.  Nearly everyone said Grealish but there was one pundit who picked Buendia despite him being in the championship.  I recall his stats were very good for a period in the season Norwich were relegated and has seemingly improved.

If he only has 12-months left then £40m is crazy money but he’d definitely be on my list to look at (along with Pereira and Van de Beek at Man U) for the number 10 role.
Id rather Hertz Van Rental than de Beek

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1738 on: May 26, 2021, 09:53:29 AM »

Wrong, he's really talented, he was just bought with no plan for him by Newton Heath in a blatant act of player hoarding.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1739 on: May 26, 2021, 09:55:32 AM »

Wrong, he's really talented, he was just bought with no plan for him by Newton Heath in a blatant act of player hoarding.
8)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal