collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Unai Emery - our manager by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 03:38:54 PM]

NSWE Investment by algy
[Today at 03:36:15 PM]

Kosta Nedeljkovic - signed by Ads
[Today at 03:36:03 PM]

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 03:35:52 PM]

Celebrity Fans. What's The Point? by Risso
[Today at 03:31:03 PM]

Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa Post match interaction by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 03:28:18 PM]

Villa Park by Simon Page
[Today at 03:21:32 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by SamTheMouse
[Today at 03:16:36 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1118388 times)

Online tomd2103

Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #1635 on: May 24, 2021, 05:17:02 PM »
More realistically, I'm expecting 1, maybe 2 names that I've heard of before (to replace Barkley and possibly upgrade Nakamba), and maybe 3 or 4 players that I'm mostly/completely unaware of at the moment.  As others have said, no point spending loads of money on beefing up a recruitment team to buy players that Tony Cascarino could point out to you.

If Jack Grealish stays, then I think Berge from Sheffield United and David Brooks from Bournemouth (depending on the medical) would do enough to improve us in terms of the starting XI, we would then just need some better squad options than we currently have in certain positions. 

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #1636 on: May 24, 2021, 05:20:42 PM »
I'd sign:

Buendia - £35m
De Arrascaeta - £30m
Belotti - £30m

And a hard bastard in cm plus a full back.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #1637 on: May 24, 2021, 05:32:56 PM »
More realistically, I'm expecting 1, maybe 2 names that I've heard of before (to replace Barkley and possibly upgrade Nakamba), and maybe 3 or 4 players that I'm mostly/completely unaware of at the moment.  As others have said, no point spending loads of money on beefing up a recruitment team to buy players that Tony Cascarino could point out to you.
Would you think someone to come in as Trez is injured and a striker of known repute to supplement Watkins.
We can't have Davis and Wes as our back up and squad competition if we're looking for top 6 placings

So like 2 forward roles attacking players as well as what you have mentioned

Offline Smirker

« Reply #1638 on: May 24, 2021, 05:37:01 PM »
Real Madrid are willing to listen to offers for Eden Hazard apparently.

8)

Online AllanW

« Reply #1639 on: May 24, 2021, 05:39:57 PM »
Real Madrid are willing to listen to offers for Eden Hazard apparently.  8)

Thanks for the information. In that case I'd hope Lange has an in-depth file on 23-year old Luka Jovic not 30/31-year old Hazard.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #1640 on: May 24, 2021, 05:42:31 PM »
Speaking of Real Madrid players Gareth Bale has said it would cause chaos if he announced where he playing next season

I putting the feelers out but haven't heard as yet about where he's off too

Online Baldy

« Reply #1641 on: May 24, 2021, 05:45:32 PM »
We have some of the wealthiest owners in the world and Deano has said 'fans will be excited' at our transfer plans this summer. 

We are in that market.

We need to think big to be big.  :) If Maddison is dragging his heels at Leicester, that is sending a message. Perhaps Jack, Tyrone and Ollie should give him a message on English duty (it's how the ESL wannabees do it).  :)

When did Dean say this?

About two weeks ago. Can't remember which publication (read so many) but his words were along the lines 'I am excited by the transfer plans and I expect our supporters will be'.

Will try and find it but don't hold your breath.  :)

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1642 on: May 24, 2021, 05:45:54 PM »
Speaking of Real Madrid players Gareth Bale has said it would cause chaos if he announced where he playing next season

Surely, Footy, the mole who gave you the info on Southgate's whereabouts yesterday would be able to clear this up in seconds?!

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1643 on: May 24, 2021, 05:46:42 PM »

Must be off to Arsenal, they know how to spot value in the transfer market.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1644 on: May 24, 2021, 05:47:54 PM »
To be honest talk of the likes of Son & Maddison is a bit daft at this stage.  We just aren't going to be in that market, those clubs are not going to sell their best players to us and more importantly their best players aren't going to want to join us right now.  Maybe in a few years if our world domination plans come to fruition, but for the time being I think we're going to have to be a bit more creative.

This is massively true.

Maybe, but I don’t want to believe you

So I’m sticking my fingers in my ears and shouting nah nah nah
Whilst still looking forward to our big tent signing (or is it marquee)

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1645 on: May 24, 2021, 05:50:36 PM »
It is, in Son's case especially. But these are not normal times, and many of the usual suitors are in utter financial dire straights. There is room for those with full pockets to take advantage, above and beyond what would be normally accepted.

I don't seriously think we'd get him but this is true and no harm trying it as a 'statement' of intent and to irritate Levy/Spurs fans.

Online Baldy

Online tomd2103

« Reply #1647 on: May 24, 2021, 06:10:35 PM »

Must be off to Arsenal, they know how to spot value in the transfer market.

Really wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Cardiff at some point, but maybe after one more move.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1648 on: May 24, 2021, 06:18:10 PM »

If Jack Grealish stays, then I think Berge from Sheffield United and David Brooks from Bournemouth (depending on the medical) would do enough to improve us in terms of the starting XI, we would then just need some better squad options than we currently have in certain positions. 

It's a no to Brooks for me, if he was 18-19 I'd be more willing to look at him but he's a 23 year old who hasn't stood out in the championship. Olise is the attacking championship player I'd be looking at and he'd be my 2nd signing behind someone with more top level experience. Last year I'd have loved us to sign Eze but I thought he'd be too much of a gamble given we needed our signings to 'land' to make sure we weren't in another relegation battle. This summer is very different and we can afford to pick up a couple of players with an eye on them pushing into the team over 12months so I'll be pretty upset if we miss out on him.

Offline Smirker

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal