collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Tim Iroegbunam by brontebilly
[Today at 06:46:52 PM]

Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 06:45:56 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by brontebilly
[Today at 06:46:52 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 06:45:56 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:43:32 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1126093 times)

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #1440 on: May 20, 2021, 09:00:28 PM »
...some sort of Bruce Springsteen We Didn't Start The Fire lyric

*raises eyebrow*

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #1441 on: May 20, 2021, 09:37:04 PM »
...some sort of Bruce Springsteen We Didn't Start The Fire lyric

*raises eyebrow*

*furrows brow but thinks ‘don’t bother’*

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #1442 on: May 20, 2021, 09:44:06 PM »
Saint-Maximin please. It's definitely doable. He's exactly what we need.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1443 on: May 20, 2021, 09:45:15 PM »
I like him, he can be the £50 million winger I want. I want a £150 million one, too.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1444 on: May 20, 2021, 10:44:51 PM »
There’s lots of YouTube players like El Ghazi.

Looks great on clips but in reality not that good.

Bit harsh, he has done very well for us.

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #1445 on: May 20, 2021, 10:50:26 PM »
In my opinion, this season's Adama Traore.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #1446 on: May 20, 2021, 11:02:44 PM »
I think Saint Maximam was brilliant last season too, the bloke is seriously talented. I do though think Traore can be as scary if he adds a bit more consistency.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1447 on: May 20, 2021, 11:08:11 PM »

If the implication there is that people like Gouiri and Malen are on the same level as El Ghazi then I'd recommend looking at the list of clubs both are being linked with.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1448 on: May 20, 2021, 11:33:34 PM »
In my opinion, this season's Adama Traore.

Injury concerns too.  In the system we play we are going to need someone who is willing and able to do the defensive side of things well.  Traore has left Cash far too exposed at times this season. 

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1449 on: May 20, 2021, 11:41:50 PM »
McNeil is decent and would be a decent squad player - but it's the team we really need to improve.

A lot obviously depends on Jack Grealish staying and if he does, whether he plays out wide or in a more central role.  If he is going to play more centrally next season, then we could possibly be looking at having to bring in two quality wide players next season. 

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1450 on: May 20, 2021, 11:49:39 PM »

If the implication there is that people like Gouiri and Malen are on the same level as El Ghazi then I'd recommend looking at the list of clubs both are being linked with.

Malen dosen't start much for Holland though. Could be to Frank De Boer being completely clueless but in the March round they played infront of him:

Memphis Depay (flopped big time at Man. United but since found his level at Lyon and good player for them)
Stephen Berghuis (briefly at Watford)

Traore was really good at Ajax the season they got to europa final in 16/17 so interested if you think Malen potential so much higher as I remember Bergwijn having a crazy scoring season in Holland and yet yesterday was his first Spurs goal in about 40 games.

Said before but think David Neres from Ajax would be a really good pick up for us. Played with Doug for Brazil, 24, two years left on his deal and still a starter for them in their big european ties and can play as CF or LW so pretty much ideal for what we need in final third.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #1451 on: May 21, 2021, 12:03:28 AM »
I can understand the love for Tammy but, he played well for us in a lesser competition, while he started well for Chelsea we have seen two managers relegate him to the bench, favouring firstly an ageing but still capable Giroud then a new manager arrives and Tammy is overlooked in favour of Werner, who to be kind, puts in a lot of effort but misses a lot of chances. So we have two managers will not give Tammy a start. They would have their reasons surely.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1452 on: May 21, 2021, 12:19:01 AM »
I think two managers put him on the bench because the club had lashed out massive amounts of money on players they had to play. I think Tammy is a super player for any club in our position looking to go from mid table to a top 6 position. He works hard, he scores all the goals Ollie can score. He's a slightly different player but in no way is he a step down. He might not be good enough for a top 4 side but we should in now way turning our nose up at a player of his ability.

Online paul_e

« Reply #1453 on: May 21, 2021, 12:22:35 AM »

Malen dosen't start much for Holland though. Could be to Frank De Boer being completely clueless but in the March round they played infront of him:

Memphis Depay (flopped big time at Man. United but since found his level at Lyon and good player for them)
Stephen Berghuis (briefly at Watford)

Traore was really good at Ajax the season they got to europa final in 16/17 so interested if you think Malen potential so much higher as I remember Bergwijn having a crazy scoring season in Holland and yet yesterday was his first Spurs goal in about 40 games.

Said before but think David Neres from Ajax would be a really good pick up for us. Played with Doug for Brazil, 24, two years left on his deal and still a starter for them in their big european ties and can play as CF or LW so pretty much ideal for what we need in final third.

Malen is still very young so not having broken into the Dutch team doesn't mean a whole lot, if international recognition was a major criteria Grealish wouldn't look like a guy who's one of the top 4-5 players in the league.

For players under about 23-24 I think seeing what they do well and going with an eyeball test is more important than goal and assist stats. I haven't watched full games for Malen but everything I have watched he looks miles ahead of everyone else on the pitch. On top of that I chat a lot about football with a group of people at work and both of the dutch guys reckon he's a serious talent and probably the best player in the league right now. Add to that the fact that he's been scouted by pretty much every big club in Europe and I think he'd be a massive coup for us. The key thing is his pace, almost every comment about him talks about how quick he is, I like the idea of us having someone with that extra yard of pace, our game plan, at it's most basic, is to draw teams on to us and then try to get in behind so I think he'd be a perfect fit.

Online paul_e

« Reply #1454 on: May 21, 2021, 12:37:46 AM »
I think two managers put him on the bench because the club had lashed out massive amounts of money on players they had to play. I think Tammy is a super player for any club in our position looking to go from mid table to a top 6 position. He works hard, he scores all the goals Ollie can score. He's a slightly different player but in no way is he a step down. He might not be good enough for a top 4 side but we should in now way turning our nose up at a player of his ability.

That's certainly not true for Lampard. I think it's important to look at how his record stacks up. After going back to Chelsea h started the season confident and in form with 9 in 9 across all competitions. Since then he's got 21 in 70 including a hattrick against Luton and a couple against Barnsley. I don't mind him as player and I totally get the appeal but I don't think he's the right player to compliment what we have and I think if it wasn't for how well he did for us in the championship people would be much more objective about his limitations.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal