collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Drummond
[March 28, 2024, 11:39:23 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Monty
[March 28, 2024, 11:26:15 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1109337 times)

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #975 on: May 08, 2021, 06:41:16 PM »
Loved Carew.

On his day he was world class.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #976 on: May 08, 2021, 07:27:26 PM »
I'm all for us continuing with the path we're on. Every window we're going for better players, improving us. Mostly young with potential too. We can keep on growing.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #977 on: May 08, 2021, 08:59:58 PM »
I think Dele Alli is one of these players that needs to be loved - needs man managing constantly.
I think he's got ability, but getting it consistently out of him would be similar to Barkley.

I reckon he's more consistent but also more injured.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #978 on: May 08, 2021, 10:09:28 PM »
I think Dele Alli is one of these players that needs to be loved - needs man managing constantly.
I think he's got ability, but getting it consistently out of him would be similar to Barkley.

I reckon he's more consistent but also more injured.
Watched the game today, he was unrecognisable as a talent and because of his new Barnet.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #979 on: May 09, 2021, 01:59:05 AM »
I think we might still be s year away from being in a position to make that really big signing.  Think we still have a bit of squad building to do this summer, as we need a couple of starters and some better back up options in certain positions in.  We do that and Jack Grealish stays, then we really should be looking at being firmly cemented in the top ten with maybe even an eye on the top six. 

If that does happen and we have a strong, settled squad, I think next January / summer is the time to go looking for a real statement signing, probably in that attacking midfield position, who could potentially push us on again.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #980 on: May 09, 2021, 02:44:40 AM »
Any of our Italian based fans or folks that watch Serie A know anything about Domenico Berardi at Sassuolo?

He's an excellent player who would propel us to the next level. I mentioned him the day this new transfer thread started.

A few from this list would be great for us.

Strikers
Paul Onuachu | Stats
Sekou Koita | Stats
Alexander Isak | Stats
Sasa Kalajdzic | Stats

AM/CM/Wingers
Claudinho | Stats
Domenico Berardi | Stats
Nikola Vlasic | Stats
Matheus Pereira | Stats
Ademola Lookman | Stats

DM's
Teun Koopmeiners | Stats
Ellyes Skhiri | Stats

CB's
Willi Orban | Stats
Joachim Andersen | Stats

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #981 on: May 09, 2021, 07:36:09 AM »
I think a process of each pre-season improving areas of the team with 3-4 new players with one big name signing, that then push last seasons players onto the bench is a realistic way of approaching transfers.

Some of the players on Goldie.7 list could do that

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #982 on: May 09, 2021, 10:30:54 AM »
Not that I have seen him play, but I’d love us to sign this sort of player.  He’s been linked with all the huge clubs but three or four seasons at Villa, playing most weeks, could be a compelling sell to the player (plus the pay rises etc etc):

Eduardo Camavinga

Arguably one of the most potent teenagers in Europe, Eduardo Camavinga has set the French Ligue 1 alight in the 2019/20 season. The 17-year-old Stade Rennais star doesn’t regularly appear on the scoresheet, but he also doesn’t tend to shy away from the dirty work.

The elegant, intelligent, exceptionally composed defensive midfielder has received plaudits for his outstanding defensive contributions. Camavinga’s statistics further highlight his excellent consistency at the heart of Rennes’ midfield: the whizzkid was averaging 4.2 tackles, 1.4 interceptions and 1.3 clearances in every 90 minutes of league football last season.

Likened to world-class Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante, the Frenchman is also a fierce physical presence in the Rennes team. With remarkable strength and stamina, Camavinga played over 2,100 minutes last season (25 league appearances until the campaign ended prematurely due to Covid-19), winning an impressive 1.3 aerial duels per match on average.

Offline john2710

« Reply #983 on: May 09, 2021, 11:05:41 AM »
I think we're in a similar scenario to 1995-6. Signings like Southgate, Draper & Savo pushed us to into the top 4. We should be looking to move up a couple of places each season for the next 2-3 years.

We're looking for top 6 quality player's & with the exception of Jack & Martinez every position could be improved on. I think McGinn's place in the team is seriously under threat.

Defensive midfielder - replace Nakamba
Creative midfielder- replace Barkley
Right winger - replace Trez
Backup centre-half - replace Engles
Centre forward - replace Davies

Add in the youth's from the U23's & we have a squad ready to compete for those European spots.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #984 on: May 09, 2021, 11:33:09 AM »
Not that I have seen him play, but I’d love us to sign this sort of player.  He’s been linked with all the huge clubs but three or four seasons at Villa, playing most weeks, could be a compelling sell to the player (plus the pay rises etc etc):

Eduardo Camavinga

Arguably one of the most potent teenagers in Europe, Eduardo Camavinga has set the French Ligue 1 alight in the 2019/20 season. The 17-year-old Stade Rennais star doesn’t regularly appear on the scoresheet, but he also doesn’t tend to shy away from the dirty work.

The elegant, intelligent, exceptionally composed defensive midfielder has received plaudits for his outstanding defensive contributions. Camavinga’s statistics further highlight his excellent consistency at the heart of Rennes’ midfield: the whizzkid was averaging 4.2 tackles, 1.4 interceptions and 1.3 clearances in every 90 minutes of league football last season.

Likened to world-class Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante, the Frenchman is also a fierce physical presence in the Rennes team. With remarkable strength and stamina, Camavinga played over 2,100 minutes last season (25 league appearances until the campaign ended prematurely due to Covid-19), winning an impressive 1.3 aerial duels per match on average.

Me too but I think he'll be going to one of the Arsehole clubs.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #985 on: May 09, 2021, 01:44:11 PM »
I suspect you’re right.  I just hope that being in the first team, and part of something, would be more appealing than years in the reserves and on loan, which is likely at any ESL club.  If he is good enough then he’ll end up at the same place anyway and I think that likelihood increases by playing regularly.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #986 on: May 09, 2021, 09:33:21 PM »
Here's one I'll throw into the ring - How about James Ward-Prowse from Southampton?

He's about the level of player that would improve our starting 11, and I'd say 'gettable' for a club in our position.

He'd have the lure of a few more England regulars alongside him (inc. Jack), and would probably know Targett quite well from his time on the South Coast. He's an established Premier League midfielder (so very little risk involved), has killer technique in dead ball situations, and has just broken through into the national squad. I think he'd be perfect for that midfielder sized hole in the middle of Villa Park?

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #987 on: May 09, 2021, 09:42:50 PM »
Agree, he would improve us and is may be ‘ gettable ‘

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #988 on: May 09, 2021, 09:48:20 PM »
We need someone who can sit in front of the back 4, athletic, can tackle and keep the ball moving quickly.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #989 on: May 09, 2021, 09:57:20 PM »
I said it in my first post in this thread but Leon Bailey please. The exact player at this stage in our progress that we should be looking at. Him on tje right, Jack on the left, fucking hell!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal