collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

NSWE Investment by Drummond
[Today at 05:59:46 PM]

Champions League Contention by LeeB
[Today at 05:45:07 PM]

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by Demitri_C
[Today at 05:41:09 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Smirker
[Today at 05:38:49 PM]

Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa Post match interaction by LeeB
[Today at 05:19:25 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 05:11:35 PM]

Villa Park by FrankyH
[Today at 05:02:16 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Dave
[Today at 04:51:22 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: NSWE Investment by Drummond
[Today at 05:59:46 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by AV82EC
[Today at 05:54:49 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by chrisw1
[Today at 05:52:58 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 05:48:14 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 05:47:02 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by chrisw1
[Today at 05:45:45 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by LeeB
[Today at 05:45:07 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by thick_mike
[Today at 05:44:27 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1118422 times)

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #915 on: May 07, 2021, 10:33:58 AM »
Is it possible to merge the Transfer Rumours Threads? If only I knew a Moderator....

Offline SteveN

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #916 on: May 07, 2021, 12:36:10 PM »
The BBC Gossip is linking Brentford with Hibs striker Ken Nisbet as a replacement for Toney.

Lets cut out the middleman and go for Nisbet

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #917 on: May 07, 2021, 01:32:04 PM »
Midfield is definitely the priority, though I would love to see a Bergkamp-type forward player to replace Barkley (but one who can fly to Champ's League away games when we qualify next season).

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #918 on: May 07, 2021, 01:58:53 PM »
Midfield is definitely the priority, though I would love to see a Bergkamp-type forward player to replace Barkley (but one who can fly to Champ's League away games when we qualify next season).

If Jack Grealish does stay, then the big question will be whether he moves into that central "number 10" role.  If not, then I would love to see a real quality player come in to play in there, the type that is really good to watch.  Wouldn't prioritise it over a right sided attacker or defensive central midfielder though, especially as McGinn and Sanson can play there as well

McGinn can really lead the press when he plays there and would chip in with goals, but not sure he is 'cute' enough on the ball to be really effective in that position. 

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #919 on: May 07, 2021, 02:03:41 PM »

If Jack Grealish does stay, then the big question will be whether he moves into that central "number 10" role.  If not, then I would love to see a real quality player come in to play in there, the type that is really good to watch.  Wouldn't prioritise it over a right sided attacker or defensive central midfielder though, especially as McGinn and Sanson can play there as well

McGinn can really lead the press when he plays there and would chip in with goals, but not sure he is 'cute' enough on the ball to be really effective in that position.

I'd like to see McGinn playing more where Traore does currently. Cutting in from the left higher up the pitch he could be very effective. Would share your concerns about his lack of cuteness to play effectively at 10, don't think he has the sureness of touch for example that you need. Will be interesting to see what position Sanson is going to challenge for next season, with a hard pre season behind him. It's going to be competition for the likes of McGinn it seems, not sitting in next to Luiz. 

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #920 on: May 07, 2021, 02:09:30 PM »
Reckon we'll keep Douglas? The clause expires this summer?

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #921 on: May 07, 2021, 02:17:11 PM »
Is it possible to merge the Transfer Rumours Threads? If only I knew a Moderator....

The other one was from the summer, so I've locked it.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #922 on: May 07, 2021, 03:55:01 PM »

Bloody hope so.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #923 on: May 07, 2021, 05:26:12 PM »
Paul, you're his biggest fan! In the same way as Rudy Can't Fail Kelly gets on Ghazi's case more than anyone  ;D

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #924 on: May 07, 2021, 05:35:00 PM »
The BBC Gossip is linking Brentford with Hibs striker Ken Nisbet as a replacement for Toney.

Lets cut out the middleman and go for Nisbet
No as usual we should wait and pay Brenford 10x  the fee they will pay in 12 months. They business model requires it.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #925 on: May 07, 2021, 05:43:58 PM »
If we are signing another centre forward, I expect someone a bit better than some triangle twat that used to hang around with Paul Daniels.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #926 on: May 07, 2021, 07:21:26 PM »
If we are signing another centre forward, I expect someone a bit better than some triangle twat that used to hang around with Paul Daniels.

That poor thing was tortured by Daniels, it had tried to hang itself many times without success.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #927 on: May 07, 2021, 07:39:34 PM »
If they do activate the clause in the summer then they clearly were always going to activate it as he has been nothing more than ok for most of this season.  I personally hope they don’t go for him & then he steps it up again next season and we get the 50m Dougie that we hoped for

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #928 on: May 07, 2021, 09:12:54 PM »
Incredibly Tammy is 18 months young aswell.
Well, if they're good enough they're old enough.
74 goals in 167 appearances, and I suspect a fair few of those appearances from the bench. Top player. Much as I love Watkins, I think Tammy is or at least will be even better.
I think the two of them playing together will cause several Prem League defences to have kittens! - pace, aggression, movement, positional acumen; interchangeably using the centre and the wings.
I'd say they're a pretty compatible front 2, complemented by JG.

I've said for years that we don't have an "Oh shit, not him" player, for when we're playing opponents who've coped with us for seventy minutes then we can bring on a like for like replacement they're afraid of. Manchester United are past masters at it.

It's a real problem for us. For a side that's been top half for pretty much all of the season bar about 3 weekends, gaining just 5 points from losing positions really needs to be significantly improved on if we're to keep moving up the league.

Dosen't even have to be a big name signing but someone who can come on 65-70 min mark and make a real impact on game is really needed in our squad. Trez doing it v Fulham stuck out as it's rare we have a sub winning a game in that manner.

Could also help next season if we start some of our regular names on the bench at times due to rotation e.g. over xmas period Watkins and McGinn are on bench as I doubt opposition would enjoy either coming on at the hour mark if it's 1-1.

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
« Reply #929 on: May 08, 2021, 09:06:17 AM »
Anybody know anything about Dwight McNeil (21) at Burnley?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal